MX track @ Desoto Speedway

Started by 1FasterBlaster, May 25, 2008, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

 Go to ImagesbyRonaldWynn.IFP3.com to see pics on 05-25-08. He's got some killer pics of riders on the track.
   This is what you see from 64 when you enter- the drag strip tower. You have to drive all the way to the back about 1/2 mile.
   You can see there is plenty of parking.
The entranc to the actual track.

1FasterBlaster

#1
   There are enough seats. It's actually in the center of the oval track.
The jumps are nice for a little air. They grade the track with a tractor after each session, so the track is somewhat smooth.


My camera dies after only a few pics-Dummazz- or I would've had some nice air pics. My buddy Drew was up like 6 to 7 ft. with a distance of maybe 15 or more ft. Their not big, but they sure look safe and fun.

1FasterBlaster

#2
   I got a few pics of a couple of riders that were there. The track was nice I thought. A tripple, a double and another double back to back, with s- turns, rythm section and more s-turns. The s-turns had some nice burms too.
   First rider is Eric. He said he rides on Wednesday night also.
Second is Clayton who was on a nice modded Blaster-I like those Blaster's when their modded. Wish I was his age with one like that!!
Drew was there on his LTR

1FasterBlaster

   I met Phil Drinkard. His friend was taking photo's and has a website if you want to see some pics.

ImagesByRonaldWynn.IFP3.com

1FasterBlaster

   Phil from the track called. He's asking anyone who likes MX to come out and ride. Their in need of funds to make the track larger, better, and to keep it open. Memberships pay $20. dollars to ride. I'm going to try and ask him to let us grill out there. And there's plenty of room. The pit area even has concrete slabs.

53yfz450

wow i might have to go try that out sometime!
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

1FasterBlaster

#6
 The jumps look safer and more fun than Sunshine. We need more places to ride and here these guys are trying to keep it open, so I hope everyone will help support them and show up.

flt mech

Hey scratchup do they have times for beginer kids 50cc and so on? 

1FasterBlaster

#8
 I think they give everyone a chance to ride. It's not crowded at all, so I'm sure the little ones get to go. They asked my friend Drew to let this little guy ride the track before he did. He just followed him till the kid got tired, then Drew was on the track all by himself.
   The jumps have some pretty good lips on them too, some of the riders on 100 size dirtbikes were nose diving.

flt mech

Try to get there soon.  I have my bike in the shop at ATP right now but when I get it back I'll be there.

1FasterBlaster

   Give mea call before you go, I'll see if I can make it too. I want to take some better pics.

   Chino (727)204-0883

flt mech


qt314nfla

chino tell phil i said hi next time you see him.  haven't seen him in years.  we all use to camp together.  do yourself a favor though.  don't let him follow you.  he tends to run into ppl.  hahaha!

1FasterBlaster

   Talk to Phil today. They have a concession stand with Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken Nuggets.
   If you get there early, you can ride the track as long as you want. Their still new to the track idea, so their seeing how it does. I'm hoping to make it back out there next weekend with my quad.

flt mech

Looks like it might be a while longer till I get there.  I just got acall from ATP saying that it will be about 3 to 4 weeks.  Mike is doing pretty much a complete top end rebuild.  I'm getting new cylinder head, piston, new hot cam, bored to 406, valve adjustment, and some things.  Be about middle to end of June.

1FasterBlaster

   Why is it taking so long, is he ordering parts?

bluestroker

when do they run I am going over there tommorrow night to watch the cars race and might go a lil early to watch the bikes
02 - Grizzly 660
ITP Rims
Winch
1 1/2 in spacers (Front and Back)

flt mech

yes he has to send some parts out that will take 2-3 weeks to get back.

1FasterBlaster

   Sunday is 10 am to 6pm. I hate ordering parts, it will probably be about 2 weeks till I'm able to ride.

jetski dawg

they just open on sunday on the weekend?? what time on wed. are they open?? thanks

1FasterBlaster

 6 to 10 on Wednesday. I might be going out there this Sunday to take pics.

1FasterBlaster

   ImagesbyRonaldWynn.IFP3.com, he's got some killer pics of the track. 05-25-08 on page 3.

MX411

where is this track located? is it stil open??

1FasterBlaster

 Desoto speedway on 64 going east from Sarasota.