My custom Honda ATC500R.

Started by HondaATC, May 03, 2008, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaATC

Took em this evening, thought you guys might enjoy them. I started building this back around December, got it "together" for the March SFTL/SDTA race over at Crossroads Motorplex. I was up till about 5:00AM that race morning in the shop working on it and rode/raced it that evening without any major issues, but I puttered around mostly to be safe since it was all new. Still tweakin on it and making adjustments and changes to stuff here and there.





















Haven't got to paint the bottom of the frame yet where I welded in the new engine cradle. Need to be getting to that but I'd like to have something that matches well and thats been pretty hard. Powdercoat sometime, no idea when haha.  I need scoops and a new # plate for it (sykolincoln's gonna hook me up with that I think, hes da man.) I mangled mine at a race at Thunderbowl last season when it was still a 250R. Went the entire season and never had a single get-off, and then ate it twice in one night :-\  Get those on there and I think it'll be pretty sharp.
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

Turboderf


quadracer1992

It looks dangerous. Pretty swEET.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Anoriginal

Cool man.

Who gave you the GIT IT RAG! sticker?

derek330

looks good. but whats up wit dat pipe?
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

HondaATC

Quote from: Anoriginal on May 06, 2008, 09:12:05 AM
Cool man.

Who gave you the GIT IT RAG! sticker?

The man, himself! Yamahondaman.


Derek, thats a "special" pipe. When ya cant find parts, ya make em. Not entirely happy with it but its letting me ride at least. I'm probably going to roll some cones using Blair's pipe formula and make a new one here sometime in the near future.
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

digginfool

That would be a good idea.  With that funky bend in the middle, you probably aren't scavenging the cylinder as well as you could with a smooth wall.  It's probably like having a good pipe with a big dent in it.  Bike looks pretty cool. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

HondaATC

Yeah thats the first pipe I ever sectioned, and to start with I was cutting it with the plasma instead of the saw so that made matching ends and pieces up pretty hard. About half way through it I learned a few tricks and that made it a lot easier and better. The next one will look and work a lot better.
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

Tecatematt

you suck!! All I got is a little 2 fiddy  ;D looks good buddy can't wait to see it rip!
[url="http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/"]http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/[/url]

85 Tecate (working on it!)
86 350x (restoring)
86 Tri-z rolling chassis

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

kawasakimojaverider

wow and i thought the 250s were fast i want to ride it ;D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com