What is a better Honda TRX450R or YFZ450

Started by YamahaWarrior350, April 16, 2005, 09:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YamahaWarrior350


WidowMaker

Its like asking why zebras have stripes......Everyone has a different oppinion....the only thing i guess that matters is what you like better

wired2ride

I agree with widow. Its about opinons. They have different features though. Like The yfz is electric start n the 450r is only kick. Yfz is dohc and 450r is sohc i beleive. They're both great quads.

Exmx54

Both are great bikes, flip a coin, and that can make the decision.

SLOW450R

like everyone has already said, they are both great bikes

lots of pros have switched to the 450R recently, but the YFZ is still a great bike.  Go with whatever brand you prefer and you will be happy.  They are outstanding quads that are only made better with this healthy competition between the two.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

MadMudder

Well, i've herd that the yfz is a better racer right out of the box because it has a narrower harder hitting power band then the honda but the honda pulls strong through all the gears. The honda is probably gonna last longer than the yfz and it had better brakes. But i think that the yfz looks better. It depends on what you are going to do with it. :)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

spectech

You have to ride them both, they both are awsome i ended up with a yfz because i race harescrambles and wanted the electric start.

The reason why most pro's are switching from yamaha to honda, is because honda is offering contingencies and yamaha is not. $500 for 1st place on a honda.
07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8


Spring Hill

TBR_#86

i race a 450r and i love it. its one of the fastest things on the track and handles great. I say in full race form (a-arms, shocks...) they are equal then it just comes down to rider.
#86 Honda 450r- TBR/Baldwin/Leager/PEP

"How now brown [url="//cow.how"]cow.How[/url] now brown cow."

SUPPORT YOUR QUAD ONLY SERIES!!!! [url="//www.ssqsa.com"]www.ssqsa.com[/url]

SLOW450R

contingency or not people are winning on the 450R............not bashing the YFZ one bit, its an unbelieveable quad and there are still more local riders on them then 450R's.  

Once you start spending serious $$ on a quad I dont care if you are in a Z400, 400EX, YFZ or 450R or anything else it starts to come down to rider.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

SLOW450R

QuoteYou have to ride them both, they both are awsome i ended up with a yfz because i race harescrambles and wanted the electric start.

The reason why most pro's are switching from yamaha to honda, is because honda is offering contingencies and yamaha is not. $500 for 1st place on a honda.


Paul, this is Mike from FTR.........I went and picked up a 450R last weekend and have started getting in ready.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

Chuck_Norris

not even gonna go there, Saltsdale Drags May 28th I'll be there.

YamahaWarrior350

Thanks for all the help.  I think i might go for the YFZ450

Chuck_Norris

You will not be disappointed, let me know whenyour ready for the mods

SLOW450R

Quotenot even gonna go there, Saltsdale Drags May 28th I'll be there.

is this directed at anyone inparticular or the entire thread?
do you ride anywhere else other then the salts?
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

Hollywood

Quoteis this directed at anyone inparticular or the entire thread?
do you ride anywhere else other then the salts?
Congrats bro! Glad to see you got the 450.  ;D
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

SLOW450R

thanks.......its going to need alot of work to get to where the EX was, but I have already ordered enough parts to make me sick.  I have everything except the front a-arms ordered and I am probably going with ARS/FX arms.

I am looking forward to getting on it and seeing how it differs from the EX.  I was starting to get spoiled with the Baldwin prepped PEP's
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

spectech

Mike i cannot belive everyone is buying new quads, are B class next year is going to be interesting. Are you going to race it at Big cypress? And what does your brother think of you changing classes?
07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8


Spring Hill


YFZ450-Tampa

Yeah !!! go YFZ, electric starter, handle great on the woods and even better on the MX track.
And  you guys on FTR "B" class, I'm probably moving from "C" to "B" nest season, are some of you moving from "B" to "C" I heard some are doing it, but I don't know how does FTR get racers to the next class, is it the first 10 or 5 out of the season's  finish ???
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

SLOW450R

FTR works on a advancement point system.....if you have 50 by seasons end you must move up at the start of the next season.  It is 10 points for a win, 5 for a 2nd place finish, 4 for a 3rd and so on down to 6th.  You can figure out what you have for the season.  You can move up a class voluntarly as well.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

The hyrbid kid

07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

YFZ450-Tampa

I see "Slow" yep I know some of the guys in my class are moving forward, I think it will be better on a higer level I've seen the lap times on "B" class and I'm just arround the average so It will be a nice challenge. I could go to the vet class but I feel good in my class,  I'll see what is like on "B" next season  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Exmx54

Well, here's one more reason to get the yami, they are sexy  ;D


PowerStroke 7.3

the Yfz and the 450r Are both Great bikes. But it Comes down to the Rider. i am  Z400 owner Right now. .But when i go out to the track i beat some guys on 450rs and yfzs all day long.

i havent rode a 450r but i hear alot of good things. im gonna buy a 450r in a couple of weeks. MY brother has a yfz and i dont like the feeling the handling is great and  GREAT POWER!.  but i dont no i dont Feel comfortable on it.  ;D
So its up to u MAn What u buy.

Im not sure but what is the Price Diffrence ?
03 Z450- JB frame and subframe, JB swingarm, Laeger Protraxx arms and stem, PEP shocks, Yoshi 450 kit, baldwin head,Sparks pipe, DG bumper, DG skidplate,DG grabbar,Quadtech shrouds, much moreGONE
2004 Walsh/Elka Yfz450GONE
2006 TM LTR450...Rath nerfs,bumper,houser stem,fastco bars. Come to come#112