Updated Where to Ride page.

Started by mrbones, October 11, 2007, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

I deleted a few tracks that seem to have gone under. I added the Florida ATV Motoplex!
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Paul_S

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on October 11, 2007, 01:54:04 PM
I deleted a few tracks that seem to have gone under. I added the Florida ATV Motoplex!

Thank you.   ;)

mrbones

You're welcome Paul.

I added AMP XTREME (ADRENALINE MOTORSPORTS PARK) to the list today. Check it out.

http://www.atvflorida.com/where.php
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

papahouse

You need to add Three Lakes WMA to your list. Good camping and 3 seperate areas to ride, plus very inexpensive. Also not crowded at all and kinda centraly located. here is the web site

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2007-08/Northeast/ThreeLakes.pdf

Cosmo

89 330R

mrbones

I added Pax Trax to the list today. I haven't added Three Lakes WMA to the list, though. Hasn't ATV riding been banned there recently? I also though WMA's are primarily hunting areas that allow ATV use. Can someone verify?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

big-daddy

Quote from: mrbones on April 30, 2008, 02:14:41 PM
I added Pax Trax to the list today. I haven't added Three Lakes WMA to the list, though. Hasn't ATV riding been banned there recently? I also though WMA's are primarily hunting areas that allow ATV use. Can someone verify?

yes thats correct.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

digginfool

On Page 2 of the Three Lakes WMA guide it states public access is open year round and that ATVs can only be operated on roads where other vehicular traffic is allowed.  I have heard that the speed limit is 25 mph and strictly enforced, although another person told me the speed limit is 15 mph.  Regardless, it amounts to nothing more than cruising dirt roads through the woods at a leisurely pace.  Would probably be something fun to do as a family activity but clearly no place for a sport quad.  I've driven past the entrances many times going to RR and SE but I've never been in there.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

big-daddy

#8
Isnt tates hell also a wma?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

rancher1

And some of those you have to have a permit which will cost,but you get to hunt fish or use it recreational purposes and bring one child or spouse with you but there not all the same check rules before you go to a wma fines are steep.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com