Raptor 700 Help. (: PLEASE!

Started by Kelli415, April 28, 2008, 07:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

I could ride on the back with her and hold things up.  ::)

Turboderf

Quote from: Anoriginal on April 29, 2008, 08:31:55 AM
I could ride on the back with her and hold things up.  ::)
Thats not right she only 15

Anoriginal

Quote from: Turboderf on April 29, 2008, 09:07:19 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 29, 2008, 08:31:55 AM
I could ride on the back with her and hold things up.  ::)
Thats not right she only 15

I mean, when she turns 18 of course.  ;D

klutchbuster400

I would get full skid plates, THEN suspension

Young Gun

Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 29, 2008, 08:08:12 AM
Most importantly, dont forget a good sports bra ;D

Why?  Probably 85% of her competition is guys... that would be to her advantage.  ;D
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Kelli415

Quote from: RAD 450r on April 28, 2008, 10:23:21 PM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on April 28, 2008, 09:16:06 PM
You really need suspension to be "fast" but then again, you need to know how crappy your real suspension is before you run out and spend alot of money on sick suspension. If you jump right onto awesome suspension, you might not ever learn the basics of what to do when the bike starts to bicycle. Then once you know how to handle with crap suspension, you then take that and move onto good suspension.

Here is what I would do, in order.

Tether Killswitch
Wheels and tires that wont bend and hook up well
Nerf bars
Suspension reworked/resprung
Flexx bars

A pretty bike wont win a race. A well setup bike will.


Thats pretty much all you need to know...
Screw the powdercoat job, your going to be wasting money and alllllot of time, think about taking every single part off your quad and then putting it back together again, plus shipping if it isnt local.

The number 1 thing you need to do is just practice, practice, practice...something i wish i could do more often :-[


Ryan
Michael could do it at sheridan tech
prob. thats' what kenny said.
&& Earl thinks' taking my quad apart
&& putting it back together would
be good for me.
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Kelli415

Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Kelli415

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on April 29, 2008, 10:32:38 AM
I would get full skid plates, THEN suspension

I was looking at some
but do you know the best website to
get them from?
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

gery350

No idea, but about your frame, if it aint broken, dont fix it. I'm sure from xc racing, alot of stress is put on your frame, I would wait until your frame recieves damage before painting it.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Kelli415

I get I shouldnt powder coat
my frame yet
but I dont want to mod everything
then have to take it off later down the road
when I could do it now..
you know?
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Young Gun

Stabilizer
Suspension
Nerfs
Exhaust
Bars
Tires
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

rider

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Kelli415

Quote from: REBEL on April 29, 2008, 05:07:34 PM
Stabilizer
Suspension
Nerfs
Exhaust
Bars
Tires

you dont even have a quad..
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Kelli415

Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

KD 428

#39
Yea you dont want to get exhaust since FTR's sound limit is 96db...But a stabilizer, new tires, and maybe some new handlebars would keep you set for a while. Then when you have the extra dough get your suspension rebuilt by GTT and it will help you alot. Are you coming to the race with me sat?

EDIT: I like my AC nerf bars, but they are kind of a pain to get on.
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

And Id go with Pro Armor skids.

Check out:
www.denniskirk.com
www.rockymountainatv.com
www.motosport.com

Those are the only places I order from online...
HONDA CRF450R

Young Gun

Quote from: Kelli415 on April 29, 2008, 05:14:35 PM
you dont even have a quad..

So whats your point?  I'm suddenly illiterate because I don't have one?  I HAD a quad, and now I have my life sunk into my damn truck.  I guarantee that when/if you get your license, you will be doing the same.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

Kelli415

Quote from: KD 450 on April 29, 2008, 06:08:03 PM
I wont be.


haha thats' my kenny(:

ok. but thanks. I looked on
rockymountain for nerf bars'
but i wasnt satisified..

&& yeah is your mom going?
Or will it just be kids?
&& are you staying the night. orr...
what are the plans'.
just text me.
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

FoxHondaRider

Kelli put the money into making your suspension or motor better and faster instead of making it "pretty" lol
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Kelli415

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on April 29, 2008, 06:32:25 PM
Kelli put the money into making your suspension or motor better and faster instead of making it "pretty" lol

boys' are .. so..
i dont know a word to describe it..
clueless?
pretty always wins'.
always.
=]
jk brad.
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Andy9933

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Yamaha72

Definitely hit up the raptor forums, some great info on there...
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

klutchbuster400

Regardless what mod you put on, eventually something will break. Tearing your bike down now for just some cosmetics is pretty pointless. I race Mx, and my quad takes a fair beating. I'm sure Xc beats the heck out of the bike, so I would worry about making sure the bike, and rider is safe, before looking fly ;)

m0n0x1d3

I would still do suspension,nerfs/heelguards and some skidplates
I have an outlaw525 irs and the first thing I did was add foxfloat shocks.Then added fastco flexxbars so I have alot less hand fatigue.
Then I added exhuast,intake,bumpers and nerfs.So now i have a pretty nice trailbike that I love ripping the  trails at L-cross.I will eventualy invest in a dampner to lessen even more  armpump,however i just bought a UTV so the wife will be riding the quad more than me.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com