Bear Island

Started by reticrich, April 28, 2008, 03:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reticrich

Has anyone riddin Bear Island in Big cypress? Looking for some new places to ride.

Thanks

Rich
08 Polaris Sportsman 800
6 inch Gorilla lift
30 mudlites

rdm225

Most of that area is closed the yellow loop trail. plus you will need a submarine to get around ,deep water

reticrich

RDM,


Any other places in big cypress that you know of that we can ride?

Rich
08 Polaris Sportsman 800
6 inch Gorilla lift
30 mudlites

brocker

I rode the trails at the Oasis center back in February.  It was really dry.  It has a lot of lime rock on the trails, so beware.  I liked it but a few others were not as happy.  I want to try the trails off of Rt29 next.

reticrich

Brocker,

Are the trails of of RT29 near bear island?

R
08 Polaris Sportsman 800
6 inch Gorilla lift
30 mudlites

brocker

I just looked at the map and Bear Island is the trail system off of 29.  I do want to check that out soon.  It looks to me like there are several different trails.

m0n0x1d3

I think those trails come from turnerriver road and then wagonwheel road to 29.I may be way off base cuz i have not been there in a coupkle of years.I am planning to hit Bear Isalnd soon so please let us know how it is.