Outlaw clutch kit

Started by 4xPlay, April 17, 2005, 10:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xPlay

Anyone else not satisfied with thier Outlaw clutch kit,I've rode mine twice now and with this clutch and it's just a piece of junk with it in there.....even burnt up a belt this weekend because the clutch isnt letting the motor build up rpms.......so,does any one want to buy a outlaw clutch kit????  In reality it would prob be ok with smaller tires and a smaller rider(I'm 300lbs)  
'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas

MadMudder

The clutch is for a low rpm operation. For people with 28in tires and crap like that. It does not give you power it just gets your tires spinning quicker. If that is what you were looking for in it then that is why you view it as a piece of crap. I just wanted to say that in case you were expecting the above. If not then it might be a piece of crap.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

ONEslowEXer

well i got one sitting on my bench, ive been debating when to put it on. your the first person ive heard say it was junk. most everyone loves it. something must of went wrong if your ruined a belt. I destroyed a grizz belt once but it was because I was acting like a jack a#$ letting it eat in 2wd high shootin roosrt for way to long. Did you put in that kit your self?
04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift

rubicon500kid

i was going to get a clutch kit but i still need to go fast would it slow me down i got a rancher whit 26 inch mudbugs
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Smoknbanshee

your not going to lose much top end...i have a grizzly with a clutch kit and smoke the big boys all the time.....

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

YamahaWarrior350

Would you think i can gain some more power out of my Yamaha Warrior?

rubicon500kid

ok thanks cuz i rid whit alot of sports and dont wanna get smoked
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Skitzo

I'm contimplating getting a clutch kit too. I emailed highlifter but havent heard back yet. Whats considered oversized tires? I have a 2005 king quad with 26" tires is this considered oversize, and also does it affect top end at all?
2005 King Quad 700, w/ ITP c-series whls, 26" trailmasters, warn 2.5 winch
1998 Dodge, 3/4 ton
Giddie Up!!!!!!!!!

SSRancher

It does effect the top end.
03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

Smoknbanshee

it all depends on what your looking for....my grizzly with a clutch kit and pipe on 25" tires will run 72 mph....so by that data, it DID NOT affect my top end....it you lose 5 - 10 mph on a utility, does it really matter?  I bought my utility to play around in the mud, not to run 70+ mph on....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!