Beadlocks or Suspension?

Started by KD 428, April 07, 2008, 12:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiper beadlock wheels or GT Thunder Revalve/Respring Suspension?

Hipers! Please Explain!
GTT Suspension! Please explain!
I dont know... de dee deee
Something else, Explain

KD 428

Well I am debating whether to get all 4 new Hiper beadlock wheels or to send out my Suspension to Gt Thunder and get all 3 shocks revalved/resprung. I do Woods/XC riding and alot of jumping. I am also going to race in the FTR XC Quadscrambles next season as well. If you do not already know both upgrades are in the same price range..

Thanks in advance for replies and help.
HONDA CRF450R

TRX450R_Racer

#1
Do the shocks. The wheels won't make you faster. Plus the better suspension makes it safer when you hit something unexpectedly.

That's a no brainer.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

i say the shocks also.... ask slow joe you see what shocks do for him

~Demon_Boy250X~

#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

KD 428

Ok I'm gonna go for suspension first! I should have them in about 2 months, depending on how much I work, lol.

Thanks guys
HONDA CRF450R

predatorracer8


klutchbuster400


FoxHondaRider

Suspension for sure.  Beadlocks are more of a cosmetic thing with the added strength and ability to run lower tire pressures.  But suspension will get you so much further and make riding so much better.  Suspension will make you faster and have a better ride
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FastestCub305

I dont know... de dee deee lol

Whats wrong with the 450r shocks tho?I hear there TONS better than stock yfz and to me I love the stock yfz suspension.I would only imagine the 450r would be better?So why not do other mods that can help you out for that type of riding?Than again suspension and rider skills are like the only things that can help you out in there lol

686RAPTOR

depends. you want your bike to look pretty then get the rims. you want better ride get the suspension. i would waste my money on suspension first you wont regret it.

Fox17

suspension. safer and much better performance wise.

KD 428

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Im gonna send my suspension to gtt after all. And nothing is wrong with the stock shocks, but their not the best for my riding style.
HONDA CRF450R

svtbolt04

Quote from: 686RAPTOR on April 07, 2008, 03:27:49 AM
depends. you want your bike to look pretty then get the rims. you want better ride get the suspension. i would waste my money on suspension first you wont regret it.

I wouldnt consider it "wasting" more of an "investment"

Lots of people run Laz's setup with awesome results.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

TRX470r

I am also planning on going with Shocks before beedlocks. Are the GTT shocks adjutable for use in MX and XC?
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

svtbolt04

Quote from: TRX470r on April 08, 2008, 12:51:03 AM
I am also planning on going with Shocks before beedlocks. Are the GTT shocks adjutable for use in MX and XC?

If you race hardcore (more than 80% of your races) XC, then go with the XC setup. If you are more of a MX person, stay with a MX setup. If you ride both, but dont race, just want the edge over other recreational riders, you cant go wrong with either. But with his expertise in GNCC racing with his son (who runs his stock YFZ shocks converted) in the pro class. I would go with his XC setup.

My friend has full GTT on his LTR and when I rode it, I noticed the faster you went, the smoother everything was. It builds confidence like no other.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.