Comcast is kicking it up to 50 MBs

Started by JackL, April 03, 2008, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i36yFNSNsK4z--hcXuM1iZp1tRMQD8VQ17Q80

"Comcast will also be offering up to 50 Mbps for downloading, or receiving, files. Uploading, or sending, files will be at up to 5 Mbps. The monthly $150 price is available only to residential customers; small businesses will have to pay $200 for a package that includes additional technical support and security software."

I hear it will be at 100 MBs by years end. Soon their will be no reason to leave the house. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Joedirt

That is crazy fast Big Jack..... :o...you could be a world of war craft Hero!!....Fighting dragons crapping in socks.....What would you need that kind of speed for?
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Able

Quote from: Joedirt on April 03, 2008, 09:03:50 PM
That is crazy fast Big Jack.....What would you need that kind of speed for?

I don't even want to know  :-[

Joedirt

Quote from: Able on April 03, 2008, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on April 03, 2008, 09:03:50 PM
That is crazy fast Big Jack.....What would you need that kind of speed for?

I don't even want to know  :-[

yeah I am having trouble getting excited about this breaking news.... :(
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Able

Don't get me wrong you couldn't pay me to go back to a 56 k connection, but I don't pay the premium price to go to the 20 mb speed that I could now. 10/2 is fine for me

JackL

Quote from: Joedirt on April 03, 2008, 09:03:50 PM
That is crazy fast Big Jack..... :o...you could be a world of war craft Hero!!....Fighting dragons crapping in socks.....What would you need that kind of speed for?

Haha, the only online game I have ever played is Quake2, and the last time was on 56k.

Personally I move about a terabyte a week in HDTV video, mp3's and the latest and greatest software. 100 MBs would be nice, not necessary, but nice.

I can't wait for my neighbor with the open router to upgrade. ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: JackL on April 04, 2008, 12:19:25 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on April 03, 2008, 09:03:50 PM
That is crazy fast Big Jack..... :o...you could be a world of war craft Hero!!....Fighting dragons crapping in socks.....What would you need that kind of speed for?

Haha, the only online game I have ever played is Quake2, and the last time was on 56k.

Personally I move about a terabyte a week in HDTV video, mp3's and the latest and greatest software. 100 MBs would be nice, not necessary, but nice.

I can't wait for my neighbor with the open router to upgrade. ;)


hey if it werent for an open router, Dippy wouldn't have access ;-)

I like my 10/2 speed just fine,,,,but I agree with you, it would be nice to have a faster speed.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dirtyrooster

Don't even get me started on Comcast!!! >:(
'06 Predator 500

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Able

Quote from: Quad32x on April 04, 2008, 10:42:09 AM
You can never be to fast. 8)

no, YOU can never be too fast....... in fact I don't think you even qualify as slightly fast. Steve says his 550 can spank your Zilla   :D :D :D

Quad32x

I got something for you to spank giant headed boy. >:D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Bigscrb15

Not sure about the 50mbps, but I sure do like my new Verizon Fios

Last Result:
Download Speed: 19549 kbps (2443.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 17493 kbps (2186.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Ceejkay

comcast sucks. i guess monopoly laws dont apply to cable.

JackL

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on April 05, 2008, 12:00:24 AM
Not sure about the 50mbps, but I sure do like my new Verizon Fios

Last Result:
Download Speed: 19549 kbps (2443.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 17493 kbps (2186.6 KB/sec transfer rate)


Wow, real nice!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com