Carb question(overflow tube)?

Started by Inyourdraft2000, April 17, 2005, 02:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inyourdraft2000

The over flow tube on the back of my Carb(Honda 400ex) constantly is leaking gas when I get on the throttle or ride wheelies. I can see it doing it while up on a wheelie but why is it leaking so much. Can someone tell me if I need to rebuild the carb or what to do. Thanks 8)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

Mars

Yes. Your float level is too high or the float needle is not seating (sealing).
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Inyourdraft2000

Ok,Thanks. So can I just pull it apart and clean it or do I need to buy a rebuild kit. Thanks for the help 8)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

Mars

If your carefull you can salvage most of the o-rings. You may get by with just removing the float bowl and checking/cleaning the float valve.

If your bike is more than a few years old you may want to have a kit handy. Some aftermarket kits are less than $20 and include the most common items.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.