Fighting a ticket from the US Forest Service in Osceola

Started by mark38090, March 25, 2008, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark38090

Anyone ever fight a ticket from the US Forest service? I got one for destruction of natural resources, $550, but I wasn't even there, they wrote me cause I had the most bikes there and they were the dirtiest. Just wondering if anyone ever had any luck with this.
1985 Yamaha YTM200ERN (2)
1985 Honda ATC250SX
1984 Honda TRX200
1990 Suzuki LT230E

Da_Mtg_Man

So they didn't see you actually doing what they wrote you a ticket for? If not then you ned to go to court on this one.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

SWAMP_DONKEY

 Those guys write so may tickets they prob wont even show up in Court...then you win ;D

Slick89

Quote from: mark38090 on March 25, 2008, 10:01:08 PM
Anyone ever fight a ticket from the US Forest service? I got one for destruction of natural resources, $550, but I wasn't even there, they wrote me cause I had the most bikes there and they were the dirtiest. Just wondering if anyone ever had any luck with this.

Geez your getting screwed with no vasoline! I would Fight that for sure!
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

logandzwon

Quote from: mark38090 on March 25, 2008, 10:01:08 PM
Anyone ever fight a ticket from the US Forest service? I got one for destruction of natural resources, $550, but I wasn't even there, they wrote me cause I had the most bikes there and they were the dirtiest. Just wondering if anyone ever had any luck with this.

This doesn't really make sense, maybe you could try elaborating more.  You were not there, but you had your bikes there and got a ticket there?  How were you not there?

GrizzlyGator

no...but thats terrible  >:(

mark38090

Quote from: logandzwon on March 26, 2008, 10:58:39 AM
Quote from: mark38090 on March 25, 2008, 10:01:08 PM
Anyone ever fight a ticket from the US Forest service? I got one for destruction of natural resources, $550, but I wasn't even there, they wrote me cause I had the most bikes there and they were the dirtiest. Just wondering if anyone ever had any luck with this.

This doesn't really make sense, maybe you could try elaborating more.  You were not there, but you had your bikes there and got a ticket there?  How were you not there?

Let me explain... earlier that morning while riding, my wife dislocated her knee. We were at the ER getting her knee put back together and when we went bike to load bikes and pack up they showed and wrote the ticket. That should make more sense now...
1985 Yamaha YTM200ERN (2)
1985 Honda ATC250SX
1984 Honda TRX200
1990 Suzuki LT230E

Prairie Master

All the trails in that area currently have a least 1 to 2ft of water on them did you explain that to them, I went there about the same time and took some pictures if you need any proof for court. Maybe I shouldn't give them to you I may also get a ticket. Good Luck
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

Da_Mtg_Man

First,I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I hope it heals quickly. Now, Were you seen riding where they wrote you the ticket for riding? Better yet, were you riding where they say you were?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

94Hardbody4x4

Sounds like if you fight it, all you would get is a tresspassing ticket unless the forestry dudes could prove without a reasonable doubt that your bike got dirty because you were riding there. Just say they were dirty from riding the day before and your wife hurt her knee as soon as you got there. They have to have evidence to prove you were out there destroying stuff besides the fact you has sand and mud on your bikes.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

mark38090

Went to court and they threw out the ticket... Yee Haw!!!
1985 Yamaha YTM200ERN (2)
1985 Honda ATC250SX
1984 Honda TRX200
1990 Suzuki LT230E

novadave

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

Turboderf

Quote from: mark38090 on July 14, 2008, 08:20:04 PM
Went to court and they threw out the ticket... Yee Haw!!!
Whoo Hoo Good for you

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

backwoods boy

you must really love your wife my girlfriend would wait in the truck while i loaded up the bikes then go to the hospital lol
how did you keep em from gettin stolen  ???
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

mark38090

Went to court, had my papers from the ER, explained to the judge that the officer didn't see us do the damage, and wrote me the ticket cause my bike "had the most mud on it". The officer didn't show so they continued the case unti the next court date. The US Attorney made contact witht the officer, confirmed my story, looked at the ER documents and then called me and said it would be dismissed. I got a letter in the mail from the US Justice department confirming. No court cost or anything, just DISMISSED!!!
1985 Yamaha YTM200ERN (2)
1985 Honda ATC250SX
1984 Honda TRX200
1990 Suzuki LT230E

CABLEGUY1

That's great that it got dismissed but had you just paid it without going to court they would have gotten away with it. I personally would now lodge a complaint since your story was confirmed just to make sure he is reprimanded or at least to make sure a negative mark is put in his file should he do this to others. Sounds like he was trying to make his quota.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com