the 1st atvflorida group ride

Started by jjamesbar, November 17, 2004, 08:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjamesbar

when was the 1st atvflorida group ride? my first one was 10-11-03 at big scrub. i got there at like 8:00am waited around till almost 10:30 and i think the only person there was erb. i couldnt wait around any longer so i took off knocked down 60 miles when i got back i got to meet some of the members. seems like there were 8-12 riders.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

GreggT

Jeff,
We'll have to check with Corey, but it may have been in the early summer of 2002. At least that was my first group ride. My family was new to ATVing. We showed up at Big Scrub in a Ryder rental truck cause we didn't have a trailer yet. It was hilarious. We met Liv to Ride, Flat Out and Pauly at that ride. There were a few others, but I haven't heard from them or seen them around in a while. There was probably 15-18 people on that ride. We've been hooked ever since...and haven't had to use a rental truck since then! ;D
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Flat_Out

Yeah, I remember that ride with GreggT and family.  Remember seeing a post from him stating that he would be renting a ryder truck to drive up there.  I personally thought he was nuts.  The good thing about that was he could be easily spoted pulling into the camp ground.  I wonder what happened to all of those guys from that ride.  Gerry6 and prediter were a couple of the ones that I could remember.  I think that was even before da-mgt-man was wearing diapers  ;D , sorry mike that was the only thing that I could think of.
2003 Suzuki Vinson - Stock
"Son If I Wanted To Talk To Your Mother, I Would Have Bought A Car"

o4250

I thought this site started after the summer of 02 ???

tampaboy813

I was there...I had the red raptor...52" wide...broke a tierod end and went home...

GreggT

Good call...the above noted ride was in 2003. I don't know when the site started. I found it in about March of 2003 and I'm memebr #254 I think.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteGood call...the above noted ride was in 2003. I don't know when the site started. I found it in about March of 2003 and I'm memebr #254 I think.

You are member # 145.  Old Timer  :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

RL400


LIV2RIDE

Quotewhen was the 1st atvflorida group ride? my first one was 10-11-03 at big scrub. i got there at like 8:00am waited around till almost 10:30 and i think the only person there was erb. i couldnt wait around any longer so i took off knocked down 60 miles when i got back i got to meet some of the members. seems like there were 8-12 riders.

jeff


Yep! This was the first one.

  Jeff, you had a long white beard and Jays' (GEARMADE) daughter was calling you Santa Clause (wether you knew it or not)
Check out  --------------------------> [url="//www.quadsforchrist.net"]www.quadsforchrist.net[/url]

SkyHighT100

I have no clue what number member I am, all I know is I have been here since April 11, 2003, but just started meeting everyone around January of this year. Defiantely some of the best people I've ever met :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

My first "group ride" was at the Yucapen in November 03. It's a shame that place is shut down.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

GreggT

We've come a long way since that ride Mtg man...that was a great day! And your mom's breakfast still is the highlight of the weekend! And for poetic justice...that's exactly where I took out my Z after it had been ATP'D! It's all pretty much the same...just a few more houses now. We met some good guys that day...Naples raptor, Arod, Hiram, Bumblemoose, Monty. Wish we could do it again!
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

jjamesbar

QuoteMy first "group ride" was at the Yucapen in November 03. It's a shame that place is shut down.

mike,
you were at that october big scrub ride, thats where we met the 1st time. i looked you up after i got back from riding.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Da_Mtg_Man

Quotemike,
you were at that october big scrub ride, thats where we met the 1st time. i looked you up after i got back from riding.

jeff

I couldn't remember if I was there or not.

Ok then, My first group ride was in October at Big Scrub and my 2nd one was at the Yucapen.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

jjamesbar

right, i didnt make it to that yucapen ride but i remember the thread, it was a lively one, very emotional. my next ride with this group was the january 3rd ride this year, at scrub where we had to take evasionary maneuvers to avoid trouble.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Da_Mtg_Man

Quoteright, i didnt make it to that yucapen ride but i remember the thread, it was a lively one, very emotional. my next ride with this group was the january 3rd ride this year, at scrub where we had to take evasionary maneuvers to avoid trouble.

jeff

lol.... Yep, I remeber that one. Talk about adreneline rush. :o
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

LIV2RIDE

Quotewhere we had to take evasionary maneuvers to avoid trouble.

jeff

 This is the point where I seperated myself from the group, and decided to meet everyone back at Big Scrub. ;) ;D
Check out  --------------------------> [url="//www.quadsforchrist.net"]www.quadsforchrist.net[/url]

erbilabuc

1st group ride i can recall is when we all went to the bombing range.
Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.

jjamesbar

#19
QuoteThis is the point where I seperated myself from the group, and decided to meet everyone back at Big Scrub. ;) ;D

what was funny is me and mike weren't doing anything wrong but when we saw the terror in the eyes of the group heading for us at 50-60mph we hauled azz too. we didnt want to be found guilty by association. the whole group didnt stop for about 7 miles. i added that trail we took to my route south its totally legal and not a bad trail.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

speaking of good ole days.......

my first group ride was 4/24/2004 with Jeff(jjamesbar) and a friend of his from Georgia and a guy who I cannot remember his name right now, but he was riding a Blaster that broke down about halfway from Big Scrub to the 88 store,,,,repairs were tried on the trail and didn't work, then Jeff hooked up a tow rope and towed him to the 88 store and filled up on fuel so we could make it to the cabin in Salt Springs,,,,,we dropped off the quad then he rode on the back of Jeff's quad all the way back to Big Scrub to get his truck and get his quad home.

From the cabin in Salt Springs to Big scrub is about a 15 mile straight shot,,,but this was all on trails so add another 3-4 miles to that.

I'd say in all that day we covered about 50 miles by 3pm and were not even running hard.

I miss them days.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LakeMaryKid

Nathan if i am not mistaken, the fellow who broke down on the blaster was Bman (brian)

-Curtis-
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

predatorracer8

well we all should plan another one for the summer

Fox17


erbilabuc

Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.