Atleast he wore a helmet...

Started by Young Gun, March 07, 2008, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

predatorracer8

Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on March 10, 2008, 02:47:56 PM
For some reason I just don't feel sorry for a guy doing 120mph on a freeway at night and hitting a semi truck. I have no problem with someone doing 120mph but you better expect to pay the price sooner or later. Looks like the reaper caught up to him. Glad he hit that semi trailer instead of the back of a van with a baby in the back seat.

The guy is an idiot.



think what you want, can reason with a person who doesnt understand.

jake

Fox17

Quote from: predatorracer8 on March 10, 2008, 02:26:03 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on March 10, 2008, 11:02:44 AM
Quote from: REBEL on March 10, 2008, 08:22:18 AM
Quote from: Moose on March 10, 2008, 08:21:35 AM
My son has wanted to get one of those rice rockets also, that is untill he saw these pics.

I still want one. :dunno.gif

yea, im not selling mine cause some stupid loser tried to see how fast he could go and ended up dead. i have a good friend that was a firefighter and he said 90% of all the fatal motorcycle accidents he responded to would not have been fatal if they had a helmet on and if they were not speeding/acting stupid. he said they rarely got hit by a car or something not acting stupid. its all in how you ride. how many people wrap fast cars around trees and die? it isnt like a drunk driver pulled out in front if him. he killed himself.

stupid loser? i dont agree with that he was doing wat he loved to do he made a mistake, please i know i wouldnt want people to be so harsh about my death if it were like this, im sure you wouldnt either. i know how it feels to read stuff like that when you know the person. but to the others who said "this is why i dont get one" if you want one get one this doesnt happen to everybody who has a bike fox17 is right it was this guys fault and most fatal bike accidents happen due to lack of thinking on the bikers part. so if you want one go get one. eventually i would like to have one as well.

jake

well, he was acting stupid (at least IMO 120mph is stupid if not on a closed course) and he lost. so there ya go.

bignickwaite

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on March 10, 2008, 06:19:16 PM
psh its like a geo metro those wouldnt withstand a kid on a bicycle hitting it

easy on the geo metro jokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

predatorracer8

Quote from: Fox17 on March 10, 2008, 10:56:28 PM
Quote from: predatorracer8 on March 10, 2008, 02:26:03 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on March 10, 2008, 11:02:44 AM
Quote from: REBEL on March 10, 2008, 08:22:18 AM
Quote from: Moose on March 10, 2008, 08:21:35 AM
My son has wanted to get one of those rice rockets also, that is untill he saw these pics.

I still want one. :dunno.gif

yea, im not selling mine cause some stupid loser tried to see how fast he could go and ended up dead. i have a good friend that was a firefighter and he said 90% of all the fatal motorcycle accidents he responded to would not have been fatal if they had a helmet on and if they were not speeding/acting stupid. he said they rarely got hit by a car or something not acting stupid. its all in how you ride. how many people wrap fast cars around trees and die? it isnt like a drunk driver pulled out in front if him. he killed himself.

stupid loser? i dont agree with that he was doing wat he loved to do he made a mistake, please i know i wouldnt want people to be so harsh about my death if it were like this, im sure you wouldnt either. i know how it feels to read stuff like that when you know the person. but to the others who said "this is why i dont get one" if you want one get one this doesnt happen to everybody who has a bike fox17 is right it was this guys fault and most fatal bike accidents happen due to lack of thinking on the bikers part. so if you want one go get one. eventually i would like to have one as well.

jake

well, he was acting stupid (at least IMO 120mph is stupid if not on a closed course) and he lost. so there ya go.

yes im not saying wat he did was right and if he did hit a mini van with 20 babys in it ya that would be f'ed up but guys, he was out speeding getting an adrenaline rush hit a back of a semi, so now because of that single bad choice he is a complete idiot....IMO no. YES it was a stupid decision he should have brought it to the track. just be respectful to him and his family.

jake

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

jrpro130

Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on March 10, 2008, 02:47:56 PM
For some reason I just don't feel sorry for a guy doing 120mph on a freeway at night and hitting a semi truck. I have no problem with someone doing 120mph but you better expect to pay the price sooner or later. Looks like the reaper caught up to him. Glad he hit that semi trailer instead of the back of a van with a baby in the back seat.

The guy is an idiot.



I'm not sure if anyone else saw the "real" article to this, but it basically said that the semi driver did not even know anything happened until miles down the road, when someone flagged him down, so he slowed down and stopped and took a look...guy was dead.

I am pretty confident to say that when I hear a "motorcycle vs car" accident, they are dead.  I don't want to say a percentile, but they usually are dead.  And if they aren't, they are pretty close.  But I've learned that helmets only save you under 60mph, anything above that they are usually dead.  Not saying I wouldn't wear one...I definetly would, but just in my experience, they don't do much for extreme accidents. 

If people just SLOW DOWN in both cars and motorcycles, there would be a lot less accidents
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Anoriginal

Riding a motorcycle on the streets of Florida (or any populated states).........it's not a matter of "if" but a rather of "when" and "how bad".

Fox17

Quote from: Anoriginal on March 11, 2008, 11:46:34 AM
Riding a motorcycle on the streets of Florida (or any populated states).........it's not a matter of "if" but a rather of "when" and "how bad".

thats exactly why i dont ride on crowded streets (except during bike week in Daytona but then its all bikes). my bike is for recreational purposes only and only ridden on back roads. its rare if i see more than 30 cars in a hour and a half of riding. i would never ride my bike in orlando crap like that. if im gonna be around cars i like the speed limit under 35.

budman

Quote from: Anoriginal on March 11, 2008, 11:46:34 AM
Riding a motorcycle on the streets of Florida (or any populated states).........it's not a matter of "if" but a rather of "when" and "how bad".

Not neccesarily... I have ridden ALL of my life, and NEVER been down. I sold my last street bike about 8-9 years ago, since I figured not having wrecked yet, I might as well call it a career. Then again, I have been called "The Snail" I don't believe I have ever gotten a speeding ticket on a bike, and I always figured every car out there was only on the road to kill me....I was a VERY defensive driver...
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Anoriginal

Law of averages say it'll happen. Just a matter of time. Hopefully it won't be bad.

budman

That's why I sold my LAST street bike. After 35 years without the big one, I figured I might as well quit while I was ahead.... 8)
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

BIGREDTIDE

#36
Yes, the rider died...on impact.  :(

Speed was the obivious factor, and certainly lack of experience.  Looks to have been flying up behind the truck and didn't swerve quick enough, therefore hitting the corner.  Sadly, NO amount of safety gear would've prevented his death in this case.

I ride well over 120, but I ride at a motorcycle track only.  We don't have to worry about curbs, other vehicles (well...other bikes if you go down.  :o), road signs, etc....  We wear FULL gear which is required.  Riding these sportbikes at speed isn't for the inexperienced...that's asking for trouble.  We have had many a "street" rider, whom thinks they're quick, come to the track only to be VERY humbled, or they crash getting in over their heads.

These bikes are made to go fast, and it's an AWESOME feeling to go dragging a knee at 100mph+ (long sweeping corners), and reaching near the limits of these bikes, but the street IS NOT the place for it.  Even at the track you need DOT race tires, and your suspension set-up to handle the high speeds, and low lean angles when cornering through tight, and high speed turns, proper heat & air pressures in the tires, etc.  This is why I bought mine, and I ride at the track only.

These bikes can be ridden easily next to a grandma on a moped, but when you start crankin' on the throttle...you best know what you're in for.   :o

If you younger/inexperienced guys/gals have, or want one...PLEASE ride within your ability.  If you want to push it...take it to a track.   ;)

Learning & getting experience is key!   8)
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Fox17


logandzwon

Quote from: Anoriginal on March 11, 2008, 04:06:53 PM
Law of averages say it'll happen. Just a matter of time. Hopefully it won't be bad.

You can that about cars too.  I'm 26, been driving 10 years now.  I got my first street bike at 21.  In cars, I have caused a couple accidents, and been hit a couple times, but I haven't ever wrecked on the bikes.  I daily drove motorcycles for about 2 years too.  On a bike you have to drive and think totally different, everyone on the road is there to hit you, push you out of your lane, cut you off, run red lights, etc....

I think the issues is that motorcycles have an appeal to the type that is likely to get an into an accident.  That and they are not as well noticed by cage drivers in la-la land.

gearhead400

ya i love to speed, but it takes a while to get up to 90 in a truck so i dont do it too often. But it takes no time to get to 130 on a bike...sooo i dont own one haha.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com