Tusk Universal Handlebar Riser Kits

Started by shogun323, March 06, 2008, 01:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shogun323

Anyone have any thoughts on them or experience with them?

I am getting ready to install new Pro Taper SE handlebars on my 400ex and picked up a set of Tusk's to gain a little height. I rode a buddies modded out Rappy 700 and found that higher bars felt much more comfortable, especially when in the attack position.

Since I had a wreck and bent my stock bars a month back (got a nice Grade 2 tear on my shoulder too) I figured now would be a good time to raise em a bit.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

mrbones

I haven't used them and I'm not sure how tall Pro Taper SE bars are, but I have used Renthal Fat Bars with a high Carmicheal bend with Protaper clamp adapters on a 400ex. I loved them. They have now found their way onto a Kawasaki KLX250S. Still, perfect height. I'm 6' tall. I put a pair of Fasst vibration inserts to reduce the vibes. It's an all around good package.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

shogun323

They are the ATV hi-s. They have a rise of 160 mm.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

mrbones

Sounds like the same. Carmicheal bars have very little sweep, too. I like that about them. The outside of my hands always hurt with too much sweep.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

shogun323

Lots of sweep makes my hands feel like they are in an awkward position.

Anyone else??

B to the izzump!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

svtbolt04

If you're raising your bars, make sure all of your lines wont be too stretched to turn.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

novadave

I used to have them with big horn bars before i got my flex bars and i liked them alot
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

shogun323

Quote from: svtbolt04 on March 06, 2008, 07:22:49 PM
If you're raising your bars, make sure all of your lines wont be too stretched to turn.

Hmmmm..... Good point. I will check that out. Thanks for the heads up. I may have been screwed!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

shogun323

Went to install the risers (which was easy) But like svtbolt04 warned, the added height appeared to stress the brake lines too much in a full turn so I opted against them. Great kit though!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

svtbolt04

Some +2 brake lines and you will be back to normal.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com