FTR HS GATORBACK 2008! Feb 23rd

Started by mudnuri, February 18, 2008, 03:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

gonna miss this one too, i aint got no ride.

jake

gearhead400

Quote from: predatorracer8 on February 18, 2008, 03:59:59 AM
gonna miss this one too, i aint got no ride.

jake

ditto, I will be there to watch though.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

duroc825

Aww come on Kyle ya gonna regret watching and not racing! I watched the Brooksville HS and it drove me nuts standing there watching! This is gonna be great only about 15 minutes from where I stay! Is randall gonna ride? Good practice.

svtbolt04

Ill be up saturday sometime.. First time running it sunday..I hear its TOTALLY different!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

You have crossed over, Luke LOL! The force is strong.
I want to get a bike, too and try a Sunday out. Maybe an Enduro as well!! I am told they are less to manage and thus less tiring. If you are a fast quad rider, you can pass like a MoFo.  :P
If you had any hair on them Fred, you'd try the 3 hr Tuesday GNCC race! LOL! j/k
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

lawn_man mx

   i'am going to give it a try on the bike !  but  after  gatorback lol   i've seen them  hills  aarrgg !   ;D
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

svtbolt04

Quote from: mudnuri on February 18, 2008, 03:34:20 PM
You have crossed over, Luke LOL! The force is strong.
I want to get a bike, too and try a Sunday out. Maybe an Enduro as well!! I am told they are less to manage and thus less tiring. If you are a fast quad rider, you can pass like a MoFo.  :P
If you had any hair on them Fred, you'd try the 3 hr Tuesday GNCC race! LOL! j/k

lol, I would love to, but I havent been practicing like I should be. You're right about the whole managing thing.. Wash it, change the oil, clean the filter, ride it. Not much else except make sure the chain is in spec.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

gearhead400

Quote from: duroc825 on February 18, 2008, 02:36:43 PM
Aww come on Kyle ya gonna regret watching and not racing! I watched the Brooksville HS and it drove me nuts standing there watching! This is gonna be great only about 15 minutes from where I stay! Is randall gonna ride? Good practice.

If i had a bike i WOULD! lol. I'm guessing you didnt see my post in the open discussion forum titled "i love my gear!!!" lol.

I'm probably buying a new one this saturday, actually, so i wont be watching gatorback either.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudnuri

Quote from: gearhead400 on February 20, 2008, 12:43:49 AM
I'm probably buying a new one this saturday, actually, so i wont be watching gatorback either.

:D
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

duroc825

I'm finally satisfied with a 3rd place finish! I guess the FTR bike guys REALLY don't like us quads cause they only gave the 1st place finishers plaques!?!?!?!? :'(  Seems like with a $50 entry fee they could have given out at least 1st & 2nd place plaques. Wonder if the bikes got the same awards?

ScooterB

Quote from: duroc825 on February 25, 2008, 08:04:05 PM
I'm finally satisfied with a 3rd place finish! I guess the FTR bike guys REALLY don't like us quads cause they only gave the 1st place finishers plaques!?!?!?!? :'(  Seems like with a $50 entry fee they could have given out at least 1st & 2nd place plaques. Wonder if the bikes got the same awards?

Awards are provided by the hosting club not FTR.
I don't believe there is an "official rule" for how deep the awards go in a class.
I have heard 1/3 of the class...

How many riders were in your class ??????
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

duroc825

#12
I know its up to the club hosting the event. That's why I said FTR "bike" guys. It was first place awards for ALL quad classes no matter how many were in the class.

YFZ450-Tampa

On the HS there no points and no plaques, just first place, it doesn't matter how many riders there is in each class.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

duroc825

Exactly why we need more people involved in the QS's.

YFZ450-Tampa

It has been a process ! first we just had quads at the HS, then we had the first QS season along with the HS, points, plaques etc, a year later it was just plaques, no points, this season just first place plaque. Now I don't know what is the plan for next season, we have had just a few quads at the HS this season. I feel like it is a good chance for all of us to go and get a race practice at this races I know a few changes will get quads back to the HS, we can use the practice and I'm sure the Clubs can use the $$$$, it seems to me like all winners deal !!!

This is just the way I see it !!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Southern Outlaw

#16
That is why I don't know that I'm going to give my hard earned money to another hare scramble....$2,450.00 taken in from just the quads and only 11 total plagues given out...1 for each class.........less get the #'s up at all the QUAD only events....

maybe it's just me but most all the Quad people (RIDERS) seem more friendly then the some of the BIKE riders...

kinda an expensive practice @ $25.00 an hour (30 min. in the morning and 1 1/2 hr in the afternoon....


GATORBACK was fun and I would do it all over again....even if it was 50.00...just don't understand why the bike people seem to HATE the Quads????????
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

mudnuri

This club hosted a great QS and is doing it again next season. This trophy thing was a mistake and they are very sorry. Anyone who was entitled to a trophy can contact Dave Edwards of BSTR and he will take care of it.
I can't believe some of you make such a big deal out of this and try and throw others under the bus??? It's just a stupid race for a stupid trophy. You never hear the fast guys complain about anything. We know who got what and who broke down so whats the big deal?
No matter how you slice it, that was fun.
Florida has more quad race than any other series in the world so quit complaining and just ride!! LOL!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

tony pitts

Quote from: Southern Outlaw on February 26, 2008, 03:04:35 AM
That is why I don't know that I'm going to give my hard earned money to another hare scramble....$2,450.00 taken in from just the quads and only 11 total plagues given out...1 for each class.........less get the #'s up at all the QUAD only events....

maybe it's just me but most all the Quad people (RIDERS) seem more friendly then the some of the BIKE riders...

kinda an expensive practice @ $25.00 an hour (30 min. in the morning and 1 1/2 hr in the afternoon....


GATORBACK was fun and I would do it all over again....even if it was 50.00...just don't understand why the bike people seem to HATE the Quads????????
because they don't have the cahonees to ride a quad.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Cosmo

See the ftr qs really screws me up. My best friend races dirtbikes at the HS and I am his mechanic. So I am bringing my quad to race on saturdays. There would be no way I could race qs and then go to hs seperately for his events. Would be nonstop everyweekend, not to mention expensive. I sure hope they dont do away with the quads race on saturdays.
89 330R

mudnuri

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/ftr_forums/showthread.php?p=21809#post21809

Here is a link to a link for some pictures at Gatorback. Please show your appreciation. He is a 2 wheel guy who does not hate quads. I hope you guys realize it has always been the 2 wheel guys who have made a lot of things happen for quads. Don't be fooled by the so very few who don't like quads. There are WAY more that love us just the same as we love them.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com