WMA III, Rotenburger, Holey Land

Started by gator, February 26, 2008, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator

News Release
FWC passes ATV restrictions for 3 South Fla. WMAs

February 26, 2008
Contact: Chuck Collins, 561-625-5131

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has passed new rules regarding the use of ATVs on Everglades and Francis Taylor, Holey Land and Rotenberger wildlife management areas (WMAs). 

Effective July 1, 2008, the use of ATVs will be allowed for hunting purposes only and only during the archery, muzzleloading gun and general gun seasons.  In addition, ATVs will be allowed for scouting purposes two weeks before archery season and one week before the start of muzzleloading gun and general gun-walk seasons.

The unrestricted use of ATVs on these WMAs has resulted in extensive resource damage and public safety concerns.  The FWC took this action following its rulemaking process, which included publicizing proposed rules on its Web site in August and September 2007, publishing the proposed rules in the Florida Administrative Weekly and public meetings in September and December 2007 and February 2008. 

Final consideration of this rule by FWC took place at the February Commission meeting. For further information, see the meeting agenda at MyFWC.com/Commission/2008/Feb08/index.html.   

The FWC is a member of the Florida Off-highway Vehicle Advisory Council.  The council is working with riding groups to develop safe and sustainable riding sites in Florida.  For more information on the council see www.floridaohv.org.


JackL

Back to restricted riding and needing a hunting license. I think we all saw this coming, it use to be like that for years. Time to fire up the airboats boys, and we need some serious rides out there before July 1.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

tnt276

Gotta be tough, if your gonna be stupid.

rdm225

Well I guess now big cypress will be overrun with people from hl and macks  just have to pay now

jrpro130

Quote from: JackL on February 26, 2008, 08:57:22 PM
Back to restricted riding and needing a hunting license. I think we all saw this coming, it use to be like that for years. Time to fire up the airboats boys, and we need some serious rides out there before July 1.





I definetly want an airboat!!!

I'm ddoing serious, I mean serious rides before then!!!
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Anoriginal

Quote from: rdm225 on February 27, 2008, 12:59:14 PM
Well I guess now big cypress will be overrun with people from hl and macks  just have to pay now

Nah, we won't let that happen.  ;)

HVYHLR53

Does anyone know If they consider a wheel buggy an ATV?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

rdm225

Quote from: Anoriginal on February 27, 2008, 04:54:18 PM
Quote from: rdm225 on February 27, 2008, 12:59:14 PM
Well I guess now big cypress will be overrun with people from hl and macks  just have to pay now

Nah, we won't let that happen.  ;)
It is already happening ,dec. 10th they closed the old yellow trail in bear island. When hl closes thats where youll find  me

Anoriginal

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on February 27, 2008, 06:55:13 PM
Does anyone know If they consider a wheel buggy an ATV?

An ATV is an ATV and a Buggy is a Buggy. Two different definitions.

Anoriginal

Quote from: rdm225 on February 27, 2008, 07:35:39 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 27, 2008, 04:54:18 PM
Quote from: rdm225 on February 27, 2008, 12:59:14 PM
Well I guess now big cypress will be overrun with people from hl and macks  just have to pay now

Nah, we won't let that happen.  ;)
It is already happening ,dec. 10th they closed the old yellow trail in bear island. When hl closes thats where youll find  me

I mean we're not going to let the Big Cypress fill up with the same idiots that ruined the Holylands. Thankfully Big Cypress is harder to get into and much more patroled. In addition, the property owners within the Big Cypress are extremely organized and well funded. If it causes trouble in the form of too many of the wrong types in the Big Cypress, it'll end......and quick too.   :)

AintSkeered

Anoriginal is correct and I agree with him. Read Big Cypress rules;
Thehttp://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/upload/Permit%20guidelines%20FINAL.pdf

i.e. They only issue 2,000 OHV permits, have other restrictions and close a minumum of 60 days per year.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

rdm225

I agree , I wish they would of had these types of rules established at the Holeylands and Francis taylor, then mabey it would not of gotten out of hand like now and closing july 1

HVYHLR53

I guess we will start to see alot of buggies out there come July and the hunters really are going to be pissed this year with all the quads running around with shotguns. The state is going to be making some good money from hunt licenses.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

Anoriginal

Look, we all know the type of person that got the Holylands closed and where they come from. You want to keep riding available to you? Keep these folks out, become involved, demand rule enforcement and punishment when the rules are broken.

big-daddy

ATV in big cypress....... good luck!   

Here you go Matt!  This is my buggy, build by me! 

;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Anoriginal


big-daddy

Thanks, its a 85 cj7.

Are you going to the Wild Hog BBQ?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Anoriginal

I can't make it down. My wife is due any day now so I need to stick close to home.

JackL

Quote from: Anoriginal on February 28, 2008, 07:45:48 AM
Look, we all know the type of person that got the Holylands closed and where they come from. You want to keep riding available to you? Keep these folks out, become involved, demand rule enforcement and punishment when the rules are broken.



We also know their two stroke 2wd bikes with no titles will keep them on Krome and on 41..

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Anoriginal

Quote from: JackL on February 29, 2008, 09:45:32 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 28, 2008, 07:45:48 AM
Look, we all know the type of person that got the Holylands closed and where they come from. You want to keep riding available to you? Keep these folks out, become involved, demand rule enforcement and punishment when the rules are broken.



We also know their two stroke 2wd bikes with no titles will keep them on Krome and on 41..




:ThumbsUp.gif

JackL

Quote from: jrpro130 on February 27, 2008, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: JackL on February 26, 2008, 08:57:22 PM
Back to restricted riding and needing a hunting license. I think we all saw this coming, it use to be like that for years. Time to fire up the airboats boys, and we need some serious rides out there before July 1.





I definetly want an airboat!!!

I'm ddoing serious, I mean serious rides before then!!!

Thinking of Sat night.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Keeter

Quote from: AintSkeered on February 27, 2008, 08:08:24 PM
Anoriginal is correct and I agree with him. Read Big Cypress rules;
Thehttp://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/upload/Permit%20guidelines%20FINAL.pdf

i.e. They only issue 2,000 OHV permits, have other restrictions and close a minumum of 60 days per year.

The majority of the time that you can ride, the water is too deep for a sport bike and some utes.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Anoriginal

Sport bikes have absolutely no purpose whatsoever in the Big Cypress. 15mph speed limit and it's under water most of the time you can ride.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com