Shift Shaft removal

Started by gearhead400, February 20, 2008, 10:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhead400

Anyone know how hard this is? I need to go buy a dang manual. I can probably fix my 400ex for less than $400 and then just sell it as is after the races. How hard is this and what else would i need to replace? A new quad is out of the question right now and i dont want to miss the gncc.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

TRX450R_Racer

I don't know about a 400EX. My 450R and my old 250R you have to take off the right side cover and it will pull out from the right side. I can't remember if you need to take anything else off after you remove the cover. I just put my engine together 2 weeks ago, you think I would remember.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

gearhead400

haha, well i guess im going to bust ass and get this done. Thanks for all your help man!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: gearhead400 on February 21, 2008, 12:48:38 AM
haha, well i guess im going to bust ass and get this done. Thanks for all your help man!

You're welcome.

See you at the GNCC!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Chillinthemost

The shift shaft on my YFZ broke at the harescramble last weekend. I took it apart mon. and the new shaft should be here tomorrow. I took the right side cover off and the whole clutch assembly and it came right out. The shaft is only $25.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

duroc825

If you take a cutting torch and gently cut a large slice from the right side to the left side on the front of the motor it should fall right out  ;)  You just gotta be real careful not to burn you spark plug wire though!

gearhead400

haha yea, i cant imagine the problems i would have if i melted that spark plug wire!  :D
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

duroc825

Good luck at the GNCC! Have fun and ride smart so ya can make the next FTR event.