I've noticed a lot of sport bikes for sale lately. And rising

Started by Keeter, February 20, 2008, 10:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeter

I am always looking for a great deal on a ute atv for my daughters and my wife. That being said, I look every where for a bargain: ebay, bargain trader, craiglist, newspaper, local flyer, cycle trader, atvflorida.com to name a few. I have been at this for the past 6-8 months. Well, I have noticed the number of sport bikes being for sale increase substantially. There are the utes out there but sport bikes for sale are definitely on the rise. 

This is a rhetorical question for the majority of us, but who else has a hypothesis as to why this is? ;)


I have my own idea but I wanted to hear what others thought.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

TRX450R_Racer

No place to ride a sport. Plenty of places to ride in the mud.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 20, 2008, 10:33:38 AM
No place to ride a sport. Plenty of places to ride in the mud.

pretty much. i would love a 450R but where we ride it would just get destroyed. my XR goes right around that crap though.  ;D

LTR450 994

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 20, 2008, 10:33:38 AM
No place to ride a sport. Plenty of places to ride in the mud.
not for long once holyland gets shut down to all atv's

LostCause

Alot of the sport quads that you see are older models and people are wanting to get the newer or even change brands.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

svtbolt04

Quote from: LostCause on February 20, 2008, 01:23:49 PM
Alot of the sport quads that you see are older models and people are wanting to get the newer or even change brands.

I agree with you. Alot of it is mental when you see someone who had a 04 that is in decent shape, splurt out and buy a new 08 because they might have been losing holeshots. Newer bike means (for the majority) newer technologies and hopped up motors, but with the same feel of previous years.


Oh, and the lack of places to ride!  ;)
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Keeter

I have to go with TRX450R_Racer. He hit the nail on the head. Even if there is a large group of people selling old and buying new, where are they going to ride? Plant Bamboo set a precedence by banning sport quads. I hate to say this but the sport quad may meet the same fate as the 2-wheel motorcycle. Banned. L-Cross and C&R don't allow them. This is probably because of insurance reason, but the liability may catch up soon enough to sport quads.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR

~Demon_Boy250X~

I am selling my sport bike to move onto a bigger one if that helps any =S lol
#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

Keeter

2019 Can Am 850 XMR

LostCause

L-Cross does allow sport quads. 

you have croom, Motoplex, FTR quad scrambles, SSQSA, SFTL, and I am sure there are other places that I am missing.

The majority of the people that ride the sport quads race them in one form or the other.

I know that there are not that many places to ride.  Has it really changed that much?  From what I have seen alot of the places that people ride are off limits all ready.  It is just being inforced much more since the new law went into effect.

Some of the places  being closed down are blaming the quads.  But you know as well as I know that others are responsible for the riding locations being closed down.  Take Ocala for instance.  During hunting season the trucks that are up there dog hunting do much more damage than quads do and I would bet that 6/10 throw their trash onto the forrest floor.  but who gets the blame?

Just food for thought.  I dont meen to ramble but sometimes a nurve gets pinched. LOL
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Keeter

I did not know about L-cross, hmmm. Your point about actually racing sport quads is very valid. Your point about others contributing to closures is valid as well. I predict that as more areas are closed off and sport quads are banned at more legal areas in addition to L-Cross and Plant Bamboo there is opportunity. The tracks you mentioned may get a whole lot busier. Or better yet, a legal riding area just for sport quads. ( with the proper policing).


2019 Can Am 850 XMR

crom A zone

u can ride a sport qued any where. i race mine at maroso, countyline drag strip, and seminal and also when i dont feel like drivving to my frieds house i drive my atv when i wanna go to burgerking or something close to my hosue i take the atv for a spin   it is alot easy to hide from cops on one of those then on 4x4
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

atvrob

because the younger,less moneymakers have sports to get crazy with.and now the economy sucks so bad they have to sell them.where most of your older more established people own utes from what i have seen.hope thats not stereotyping,just another theory

crom A zone

no more setup people have one of each so they dont gotta worry bout it 
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

FoxHondaRider

i'm guessing because the death rate went up so much in the past year its crazy!  More people die on those then people in Iraq, I cant remember the stats for Florida but like I said it literally doubled in the past year.  People just dont have respect for motorcycles.  Maybe its because some kids are smart a**'s on them and weave in traffic or ride wheelies by idk but its dangerous.  I want to get 1 so bad but I want to live my life not end up dead.  I see people cut off or pull out in front of motorcycles all the time its really sad but it is much harder to see a bike on the road then a car. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

crom A zone

i'm guessing because the death rate went up so much in the past year its crazy!  More people die on those then people in Iraq, I cant remember the stats for Florida but like I said it literally doubled in the past year.  People just dont have respect for motorcycles.  Maybe its because some kids are smart a**'s on them and weave in traffic or ride wheelies by idk but its dangerous.  I want to get 1 so bad but I want to live my life not end up dead.  I see people cut off or pull out in front of motorcycles all the time its really sad but it is much harder to see a bike on the road then a car. 







can u say offf topic ::) ::) ::)
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Keeter

From what I have seen, the ratio of "older" people riding sport quads is about the same as "younger" people riding utes.   Here again just my experience; about 10% either way.


       
Quote from: 4x4Matt on February 24, 2008, 11:18:55 AM
it is alot easy to hide from cops on one of those then on 4x4

You know, I was looking for a way to hide from the police, now I know.    :banghead.gif








2019 Can Am 850 XMR

FoxHondaRider

Quote from: 4x4Matt on February 28, 2008, 09:47:22 AM
i'm guessing because the death rate went up so much in the past year its crazy!  More people die on those then people in Iraq, I cant remember the stats for Florida but like I said it literally doubled in the past year.  People just dont have respect for motorcycles.  Maybe its because some kids are smart a**'s on them and weave in traffic or ride wheelies by idk but its dangerous.  I want to get 1 so bad but I want to live my life not end up dead.  I see people cut off or pull out in front of motorcycles all the time its really sad but it is much harder to see a bike on the road then a car. 







can u say offf topic ::) ::) ::)

yeah yeah i realize that know.  He said sport bikes which are motorcycles used on the road so thats how that fit in.  Now I see about calling sport bikes sport quads completely different but whatever floats your boat ya know
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

ztgenesis

sport quads vs big dawg utility quads, Real men ride the bigdawg quads lol
sport = more prone to injuries

muddin and moderate cruising= alot more safe hehehe  ;D
GiterDONE.........

FoxHondaRider

Quote from: ztgenesis on February 29, 2008, 06:24:01 PM
sport quads vs big dawg utility quads, Real men ride the bigdawg quads lol
sport = more prone to injuries

muddin and moderate cruising= alot more safe hehehe  ;D

I agree with the sport quads your more likely to get hurt because you will push the limits more and 4x4 your straight up cruising and having fun too.  I love riding sport quads much more than 4x4 but i've seen/had my fair share or injuries.  Look at Jeremiah Jones paralyzed from the waist down. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Slick89

My guess is its tax season and a lot of people just want to get rid of their older sport quad and use the taxes to get a newer one.  Especially when the sport quads are getting faster and faster each year. but hey thats just my two cents.
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

svtbolt04

Quote from: ztgenesis on February 29, 2008, 06:24:01 PM
sport quads vs big dawg utility quads,girly men ride the oldmenwhocanthandlewhoopsanymore quads lol
sport = more prone to promiscuous secks with random girls

muddin and moderate cruising= alot more complaining to be made, pass me a beer!

Fixed.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

~Demon_Boy250X~

Quote from: svtbolt04 on March 02, 2008, 11:54:06 AM
Quote from: ztgenesis on February 29, 2008, 06:24:01 PM
sport quads vs big dawg utility quads,girly men ride the oldmenwhocanthandlewhoopsanymore quads lol
sport = more prone to promiscuous secks with random girls

muddin and moderate cruising= alot more complaining to be made, pass me a beer!

Fixed.

ROFL
#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com