you know those large 55gal drums made of plastic?

Started by Ida_Mann, February 17, 2008, 10:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

anybody know where I can get my hands on one or two of them?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Fox17

there would have been a ton of them at Daytona this last 2 weeks around the track. if you hurry, you might be able to snag one or 2 or wait for bike week.  ;)

Ida_Mann

I'd be looking for one to be a water tank, so it would have to be in decent condition,,,,,how about that?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Fox17

idk then. for free what do you expect. i dont know where to buy them.

Ida_Mann

I do wonder if carwashes throw out the used up ones,,,,or what they do with them.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Fox17

Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 17, 2008, 11:00:00 PM
I do wonder if carwashes throw out the used up ones,,,,or what they do with them.

Id@

call one and ask them. im sure they can spare a few. we have a big water tank on our shed. i dont know where we got it of hoe much it was but ill ask my dad tomorrow. its pretty big too. not 55gal though.

Anoriginal

Crowder Brothers Hardware in Bradenton sells them. Clean ones, real nice. Used two at my camp in the Everglades.

kawasakimojaverider


Hoosier Daddy

My brother sells them.. Look for Bliss feed on the SFTL webpage.
BTW, TSC is carzy on price..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

RTN

Feed Depot in Tampa @ Bearrs & Nebraska carries them @ times and also Holloways feeds in Land O Lakes.

They were only $13 when I got mine @ the Feed Depot and were the black plastic ones with screw off lids that were used to ship peppers in, not chemicals.

They were only $13 when I got mine @ the Feed Depot

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dgt714

Go to your nearest water treatment plant they should have them there .I live in venice and dot a couple for free, I made a solar water tank out of them. I got mine for free.

predatorracer8

i got one in my backyard its been there for probably the better part of 10 years, you probably wouldnt want it because i dont know what it was used for and its probably got some rank water in it. it was there when we moved in.

jake

blupits04

[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

eldiablo64

i've seen them advertised on craigs list  pickle barrels
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

bocephus300

man i have about ten of them i use as holding tanks for showers. sounds kinda wierd but try going by a transmisson shop or a carwash. they get them with soaps or parts washing fluid in them, i get em and just wash them with water and bleach and are good to go.
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

Ynot0323

I get the baby version of these all the time.. State D.O.C gets laundry det and bleach in em.. 15 gal jugs..

We use em at the Police Range, for brass.. And i have no problem loading em into my truck with the handle on the top..

Tony





FlyingDog

Orlando Drum and Container
4880 Hoffner Avenue, Orlando Florida 32812

I'm getting 2 FDA approved 55 gallon drums to store water for my fish tanks. They're about $50 each.

Rob
Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX

Bruteforce SRA

Flyingdog is right..I e-mailed Orlando Drum and  this was their response...


We have new, reconditioned and used for the following prices.  $40.00, $30.00, $20.00.  These are all tight heads.  If it is for drinking or potable water you can only use new drums. They are in stock and ready for pick up.  Our hours are Mon-Fri 8:00-11:30 and 12:30-4:00.

Thanks,
Keith


$40.00 for  a new drum for drinking is a small price to pay...better than risking using a drum from an unknown source (for drinking that is)

:-X

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com