Why did you buy your ATV

Started by Paul_S, February 18, 2008, 08:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why did you buy your atv?

Haul Logs
3 (4.7%)
Have fun
61 (95.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Paul_S

Question, why did you buy your ATV?

If it was to haul hay or logs around your property, or some other utility type purpose, read no further.

If you bought your atv to have fun, well excuse the shameless self promotion  ;D, but you really should come out and try the Motoplex this coming feature weekend.

We have mud, water, tracks, one way trails and there will be around 300 atv's having a blast. It is a relaxed family atmosphere, you will meet tons of new friends, ride all day and night, free primitive camping and a number of fun events to enter.

Some of the highlights are a Chili Cookoff on Saturday night, followed by a tex mex themed pot luck dinner, prior to going out riding for the night. You can go night riding on your own, or join one of our group night rides (a 2x4 slow paced, a 2x4 fast paced or a wet and muddy 4x4 group ride).

On Saturday we have a number of fun, but very competitive events, xc Race, mx race, drag race, mud racing, an ATV Tug of War and of course a number of fun events for the kids (including an obstacle course race).  You are welcome to watch, participate or ignore the events. No entry fees, we compete for bragging rights and trophies.

Here is a flyer for the event: http://www.floridaatvmotoplex.com/images/Event_Flyer_Feb_22.pdf

Here is a link to our newly updgraded web site: http://floridamotoplex.com/

yfz122

I bought my quad's to collect dust. Every time I try to make it up there something happens. Eventually I will make it.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

rolling thunder

I got mine to get muddy. The motoplex rules  :Y

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 08:14:00 AM
Question, why did you buy your ATV?



is this a trick question????  O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN  ;)

svtbolt04

I really woud like to visit the plex, but being sooooooo far away and with the price of fuel, it only teases me when you post these.

Can't make it this weekend because of gatorback.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

FoxHondaRider

I bought mine for pure fun.  If I had a farm or business where I needed to haul stuff I would use a 4X4 but even then its fun just ride something.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Fox17

i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County!  ;D

Paul_S

Quote from: Fox17 on February 18, 2008, 10:34:33 AM
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County!  ;D

I am thinking of it, but...............

Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
is this a trick question????  O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN  ;)

seriously, would you?

gtnwood

For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: Fox17 on February 18, 2008, 10:34:33 AM
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County!  ;D

I am thinking of it, but...............

Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
is this a trick question????  O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN  ;)

seriously, would you?

just havin' some fun Paul_S U must know i support the plex!!!!!!!!  :ThumbsUp.gif

Paul_S

Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:55:16 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: Fox17 on February 18, 2008, 10:34:33 AM
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County!  ;D

I am thinking of it, but...............

Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
is this a trick question????  O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN  ;)

seriously, would you?

just havin' some fun Paul_S U must know i support the plex!!!!!!!!  :ThumbsUp.gif

Hmmm, we always thought you owned one of the hunt camps around us and were mad we were scaring off the deer

Ida_Mann

I've been to every one of the feature weekends and have an awesome time at each one.

Wish I could afford going more,,,,,,funny thing that happens at every one,,,,about Saturday night everyone starts talking about the next time like it's already there ;-)

it's way more than just a riding spot that you can camp at, everyone there cares about making it a great time to be had by all,,,,,even down to the riders,,,,,we have had people show up without a quad just to BE THERE with whom they consider their family.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

FLCat

Quote from: gtnwood on February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D

For shame.....exactly!

And Fox..it doesn't take 7 hours from Brevard.  :L  We make it there from Brevard in just under 4 hours.  That place is worth the drive.  You really should try it. 
I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin

Ida_Mann

I was gonna say the same,,,,takes me close to 4 hours from Orlando, but I drive like T2 rides his yami,,,,,slow ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

KD 428

I would go,,, If it wasnt a 10 hour drive from here...
HONDA CRF450R

Rick16b

Quote from: KD 450 on February 18, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
I would go,,, If it wasnt a 10 hour drive from here...

When you say 10hours do you mean round trip??? Cause I know people that come up from Lake Worth in Palm Beach County and it only takes them 3 to 3.5 hrs?????

Ida_Mann

Quote from: KD 450 on February 18, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
I would go,,, If it wasnt a 10 hour drive from here...

for those saying this,,,,,,I say just go once, you'll be hooked.

I tell everyone I meet about the place and I also tell them this....

I have a home available to me that has all the amenities even centraal A/C and heat that is 200' from the forest line of Ocala National Forest,,,,I can ride out of the front yard, and it's 72 miles from my front door in Orlando. 

But I choose to go 210 miles and camp in my trailer to be at the Motoplex.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

budman

OK, Paul...Time to come down here to Davie and build one here now that Holey Land, the only legal public land to ride on is closing.... :'(
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Paul_S

Quote from: budman on February 18, 2008, 03:36:57 PM
OK, Paul...Time to come down here to Davie and build one here now that Holey Land, the only legal public land to ride on is closing.... :'(

We are thinking about it, we are thinking of either building another one down south or expanding the one we have.

budman

[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Young Gun

I bought my old one because I thought it would make me cool :-\
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

qt314nfla

definitely a blast and i've made it to all but one.  don't care if i don't have a bike.  it's too much fun to miss.  like ida i have my own camp w/ all amenities.  but i'm fine w/ tent camping or what ever just to be there w/ this group!  it's a blast!

can't wait for the Wii tournament this time.  i'm gonna play, even bringing my own Mii.

shogun323

Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 04:20:47 PM
We are thinking about it, we are thinking of either building another one down south or expanding the one we have.

Sweet!!! You know.... Pinellas county is the most densely populated county in Florida and centrally located too. Demographically, it may be quite profitable to build one close by. hint hint........
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Young Gun

Quote from: MP on February 18, 2008, 05:53:57 PM
you will have to fight me for it :D

Or he could just bulldoze right over you :dunno.gif
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com