Osceola Nat Forest

Started by CEC, November 09, 2007, 07:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CEC

I Have Wanted To Check This Place Out For A While And Not Had The opportunity. However I Got The Time Off After Thanksgiving And A Friend Of Mine Has a Cabin Near Ocean Pond That I Can Stay At And Ride Right From The Cabin. I Will Post A Review When I Get Back. Last Weekend I Went To Tates Hell, You Can See My Review Of There On This Forum Posted A Couple Of Days Ago. Give Me A P.M. If You Ride Osceola And Are Going To Be Riding There The Weekend After Thanksgiving,
                   CEC
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

psd

You will enjoy it, I rode there last weekend we had a nice ride logged in approx 35 miles Sunday afternoon,weather was great.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

450rutmaker

Me and the family were going out there today until I spoke with the ranger station wed. She told me we needed hunter orange vest and hats on.  I said mam its hard to wear a orange cap when you have on a helmet she said "good point" so I really dont know how a family could go out and enjoy this great weather without worrying about gun shots. I have hunted all my life until 2 yrs ago and dont think i would want quads in my hunting area.  I think the forest should be divided.
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

andyland

where is the oceala national forest located could you e mail me with directions andytoni14@yahooo.com

Gato

ONF sarting in june or july 08 no more 2up riding unless it is made for it ( the bike ) No mudding it will cost you $500 if you are found with mud on bike even if the puddle is in the open area Mud = wetlands I have visited it for the last time I think good luck
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

yunt2ride

Some people here from work went out there and before they even got unloaded a ranger pulled up and asked if everyone had a registration on there quads. Let them know that noone is to ride two up unless the quad was originally made for two. And helmets must be worn by everyone under 16. They were planning on riding two up on some and not all quads had the registration on them so they had to go back home. Osceola was a good place to ride. Those rules are just ways to say that the federal government has a place for us to ride, but the guidelines are so tough that you would be better off selling your quad and finding another hobby.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: yunt2ride on February 18, 2008, 02:45:33 PM
but the guidelines are so tough that you would be better off selling your quad and finding another hobby.

WHAT!!  :dunno.gif  Wearing helmets and not riding double on a single quad don't seem to drastic to me (ride safe)?? However i do understand the financial burden some may feel with having top get their quads registered.......

Gato

Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 03:04:44 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on February 18, 2008, 02:45:33 PM
but the guidelines are so tough that you would be better off selling your quad and finding another hobby.

WHAT!!  :dunno.gif  Wearing helmets and not riding double on a single quad don't seem to drastic to me (ride safe)?? However i do understand the financial burden some may feel with having top get their quads registered.......
when you got kids cant buy 2up quads you put storage seats on your utility but the reg thing hell that cost is only 1 time
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1