My new Polaris RZR

Started by IXIswamperIXI, February 09, 2008, 08:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

Well after A LOT of phone calls its done I found one in Venice,Fl. I am still breaking her in but from what little throttle I have gave her it pretty quick.  I know people have went rounds about this RZR vs other side by side's but for all around trail riding its hands down the best ride.  I didn't buy it to have the fastest side by side, I really don't care about racing around, I bought it to cruse the trails on a good ride.  Here are some pics.  See what you guys think  :)






Even the little guy was checking it out LOL












I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

predatorracer8

even though you didnt want the fastest you got it that is the fastest production sxs out now. sweet ride i would have gotten red but still it is swizzzzzzzzeert

AmericanRobster

Sweeeeeeet Ride man! are those 14 inch wheels?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

IXIswamperIXI

I wanted the red too but they are so hard to find I had to get green (its growing on me though) yes those are 14" rims with 27" ITP 589
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

well in 20+ years I can count on one hand how many times I have rolled any bike... and now I can add one more (still on one hand) with only 5.2 hours I now know what not to do I think it hurts my pride more than anything.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

predatorracer8

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on February 10, 2008, 11:19:45 AM
well in 20+ years I can count on one hand how many times I have rolled any bike... and now I can add one more (still on one hand) with only 5.2 hours I now know what not to do I think it hurts my pride more than anything.

you rolled the razr?

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

to be more specific just onto its side
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

r6realtor

looks awesome, that stinks you threw it on it's side, how is the ground clearance? I have been really considering a rzr but I think ground clearance maybe an issue for me. Make sure you get on prcforum.com and rzrforums.net there seems to be a design flaw in the intake system, make sure you take care of it before it becomes a problem.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

IXIswamperIXI

I think ground clearence is a little issue because the wheel base is longer than most 4 wheelers.  I will read up as you mentioned.  One thing I have found I don't like is it takes about 2 revolutions of the wheel to cut the wheel all the way, sounds weird but you can't correct yourself as fast as you would like.  I think thats why I rolled onto my side. 
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

qt314nfla

i've got a few friends w/ them.  they all rolled theirs or had someone else roll it w/ in hrs of being on it.  the seat belts, oh chit bar, and the inconvenient mesh doors are very much needed.  one of my friends loaned one to me for the weekend.  it was a blast!  loved being able to hit the woops at 30-40mph and never feel them.  if they had room for more passengers and the dog i'd consider one of those vs a rhino/prowler.  i generally hate polaris but they made an awesome ride when they came out w/ the rzr!

congrats!  hope no one got hurt too badly in the roll over.

IXIswamperIXI

no one got hurt just my pride LOL they do make a so called 3 seater but all it really dose is fill what little gap is between the seats.  I try to be as honest as I can be I am not one of these if I buy it... it is now the best thing in the world.  I can say a few things I don't like, I have already mentioned the steering, it is a little light in the front which I think makes the front float a little when in full throttle which makes steering a little less responsive.  But it rides GREAT!  :ThumbsUp.gif
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

r6realtor

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on February 10, 2008, 03:44:50 PM
no one got hurt just my pride LOL they do make a so called 3 seater but all it really dose is fill what little gap is between the seats.  I try to be as honest as I can be I am not one of these if I buy it... it is now the best thing in the world.  I can say a few things I don't like, I have already mentioned the steering, it is a little light in the front which I think makes the front float a little when in full throttle which makes steering a little less responsive.  But it rides GREAT!  :ThumbsUp.gif
That's great, all I want is an honest opinion, I to have been a serious polaris hater for as long as I can remember, however I was thinking of making an exception for the rzr! Hopefully it won't give you any troubles at all but give an update when you can.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

IXIswamperIXI

well i bent the roll bar in the back when i rolled it, found out i like the fact that they make the roll cage in 2 pieces (front & back) so all i have to buy is the rear (i hope anyway)

one thing i noticed also center of gravity is low (like they say) and its seems to be back a little from center.

i will keep yall updated on the good and bad
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

1FasterBlaster

 Awesome looking ride. If you rolled it, then you were really riding it. I hope it's not a safety issue. I know it's the fastest, how does it compare smooth riding with the other sxs?

IXIswamperIXI

#15
I don't think it is a safety issue but if this makes seance the steering is not very responsive so you can't react as fast as you would like to.  The roll really was my fault.  I can say this it almost feels like to me the faster you go the smoother it feels, but it is a REAL good ride.  Compared to other SxS its a lot better.  I think if the type riding you like is all around riding (sand,mud,hills,cruising,trails) its the way to go.  There is very limited space to put things (ie: cooler) and weight 300lbs max in the back (if thats an issue) The SxS (like the Rino) I think would be better for camping and hunting for the simple reason of towing and storage capability.  I don't know for sure but I think the rino might go better in hardcore mud situation (simple weight to traction distribution) but I am not sure I have not done any mudding yet.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

dirtyface

Congrats, on the rzr. I have had a red one since christmas. I haven't rolled it yet but I am careful with the power in the turns. I can tell you I have been blasting it around the holylands for the last month and the thing is unbelievable in the mud. I have been suprised at how well it does. You will too.
I have a lift and fender flares ordered that should be here in a couple of days. It is needed to keep the mud off with the larger tires. :o
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

IXIswamperIXI

thanks, yea I was in reverse in sugar sand floored it and put about 2" of sand in my floor lol I havent gone through mud yet but i am looking forward to trying.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

well we went out in the mud last weekend I was really impressed with how well it went (I wish I would have taken pics) I got in that mud that was real thick the kind where a lot of bikes can hardly turn thier tires.  Well the RZR lite up my 27" ITP 589 with no problem in that thick mud.  Everytime I thought I was bottomed out it just kept moving even though I would drag all the way through.  Now I can say this it is a pain to clean it took me a total of about 5 hours to clean it, one thing I found out to completly clean it you have to take the "belly" skid plate off.  Well I told everyone I would give yall an update.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

1FasterBlaster

  What's the going price for one of these things? If I buy one, I will most likely be looking for a nice used one.

IXIswamperIXI

the base price was 10,400....every dealer is a little different on there additional pricing
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Chevy1500z71

the best way to solve your steering problem is to get a steering nob, i have one on my golf cart and it wouldnt even be drivable without it but then again it was never designed for 50hp lol...

1FasterBlaster

 $10,400??? Can I just put some 5 harness  seats and big tires on a go-cart? Looks like I'll be going for a Utility quad!!

Miami450R

im diggin the TL type-s in the back (if im not mistaken)   8)
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: Miami450R on March 23, 2008, 08:06:19 PM
im diggin the TL type-s in the back (if im not mistaken)   8)

Yes thats my wifes TL-S... (TL for her S for me LOL)  man like I said before you guys don't miss anything LOL




I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com