NO ATV RIDERS UNDER 16

Started by Exmx54, November 19, 2004, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exmx54

Does Seminole enforce the no atv riders under 16 rule? I think this rule is so rediculous, you can ride a YZ450F dirtbike at whatever age, yet I can't ride my YFZ450 at the age 15 because somebody made a rule up. I'm pysically too big for the ATV's they make for kids my age, I'm 5'10" and 180 pounds, how do they expect a TRX90 to pull me, I'm over the weight limit. I think that there should be some sort of petition going to get rid of the rule, it should be judged by skill leval, not age.

o4250

I know what you meen im 14 and ride a 250ex... and im small for my age and still to big for a trx 90

o and btw how can you afford a yfz ;D

Exmx54

awsome parents, sponsership from elka and denton, work my a$$ off whenever possible.

atvtrailer

its called rich parents that spoil their kids  :(, parents should make their kids work for their quads  ;)
05 450r #13B

Exmx54

Quoteits called rich parents that spoil their kids  :(, parents should make their kids work for their quads  ;)

I made this thread to talk about the no under 16 rule, it doesn't require a stupid remark like that. Just because I mantain over a 3.0 grade average, pay for over half the quad, and have parents that enjoy the sport and happen to have money to spend on their son doesn't make me spoiled.

LTZ400ApK

#5
that is there to protect their ass from getting a law suit,its not a law

Exmx54

It has to be a law, because I cannot legally register this quad under my name.

SkyHighT100

no its called your 15 you cant have thing like this in your name its called being a minor JR  ;D
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Exmx54

Well, forget about it being under my name.... I am wondering why they apply this rule to quads only? Who comes up with these no under 16 rules, and how can we help to have them adjust to rule, or at least make some kind of noise!?!?!? ???

SkyHighT100

i dont think they will say anything on a practice night,and prob. let you race with your parents permission but they have to be present anyways to sign the release for you
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Exmx54

I am just overcautious before going to a new track because I went to air dania a few months ago, and was not let in just because I was not 16, if my dad wouldn't have said anything, they would have never known I was not 16, because I look at least 16. So, you're saying seminole should let me in as long as my parents are there so sign all the weiver's and get me my membership card and stuff?!?

dreth

its simple.....your 16 and they aint gonna ask for I.D. !

jjamesbar

QuoteWho comes up with these no under 16 rules, and how can we help to have them adjust to rule, or at least make some kind of noise!?!?!? ???

you have to contact the 2 groups that cause these laws to be created in the 1st place.....  lawyers and insurance companies.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

arod

dude you're 16, pay $20 and ride. i won't say nothing if you don't say nothin'. bring the old man just in case.

Exmx54

Alright, so when I get there all I say is i'm 16, and he won't bother asking for i.d. or anything, or does he not even care, most tracks don't care about the age limit thing. I have signed all the waivers and stuff to get in, and I always have a parent with me, I don't see anything wrong.

m0n5teR

you sign the minor waver pay 20 dollars and ride,there are many young people who ride the track every weekend.
Take me Drunk,I'm home!!!!!!

yamadooski

I agree just say you are 16 and see what happens.
We went to the local yami dealer and my 5 year old sits on a 90cc just fine. He rips around good on the 50cc. But the dealer told us he wont sell us the quad if its for my son cause he's not 12 yet. I told him it was for us for pit riding at the races... ;D
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

big-daddy

yamadooski,

that yamaha dealer will get fine if he gets caught sell that quad to your son. next time dont till him who its for. if the dealer gets caught 3 times he loses the franchise. you can get the raptor 50cc to move if you remove all the b/$hit  they install. my son as one full mod.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

GregsRancher

my brother always had a fourwheeler but i had to save up for three years to get mine...finally 18 and got enough money so i bought one. and now they want to close down badluck prarie  :-[
2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4

Hoosier Daddy

Quotemy brother always had a fourwheeler but i had to save up for three years to get mine...finally 18 and got enough money so i bought one. and now they want to close down badluck prarie



NOW THAT SUCKS!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

rubicon500kid

hey would they say any thing about a kid on a z 400 who know how to ride but is only 14 turning 15 cuz i want to start racing but dont want to race nothing like a lil 90 or a blaster  ( i hate 2 strokes)
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

whitenight

I HAVE BEEN GOING  FROM THE BEGINNING AND THE DO NOT ASK AGE ONLY IF YOU ARE UNDER 5 SO YOU PAY $10. JUST RIDE  ;D
ALL STOCK

LostCause

If you are riding or racing at local tracks you are going to be fine.  Most of the tracks see the $$$$$$ that is brought in from the Quads.  We do outsell bikes 3-1!!!
But when you want to ride a series like FTR or Nationals you will not be able to ride the BIG quads.  That is the rule.
We are trying to get a Youth Quad class started in the FTR but it is going to take some doing.  BUT the classes are based on the National Series races.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

rubicon500kid

that sux cuz im geting a z for ftr and hair scrambel but if your not 16 you cant ride in it ?
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

LostCause

As of right now FTR does not allow anyone under 16 to ride a quad in a race.  We are trying to get some classes for the youth in the MX series but like I said it is going to be hard.

We have to start somewhere.  There are still alot of FTR members that think that we (Quad riders) should have our own series.  And that may not be a bad idea but untill that day happens I think that FTR need to offer classes for everyone.  Like I said at the meeting the other night,  FTR is a family oriented organization and the kids of parents that ride quads want to ride what their parents ride.

Personally, I feel like the classes for the youth in the National series is right on.  When it come to racing the bigger quads, the danger factor has got to come into play.  Dont get me wrong,  I know that there are some good riders that are under 16 and can handle themselves and ride smart.  Don't try to ride over their heads.  But then there ore the majority of the younger and less experienced riders that don't have any fear.

Post more later.  Got to go for now.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com