A Arm Change Suggestions?

Started by Pat, January 24, 2008, 01:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I recently bought a YFZ 450 with Laeger long travel a-arms which extend my front to 50".  This proved to be too wide for the Quad Scramble race I did and want to continue doing. It also seems that everyone else has a narrower front.  I've got what appear to be nice Elka shocks on the bike as well.  Can anyone make a suggestion as to a good a-arm choice? I'm hoping that they'll fit the Elka's I've already got on there. I'm willing to spend a little extra for good ones.
Thanks in advance,
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

atvtrailer

as for the brand im not sure, but you can get +0.5 a-arms in long travel which would only make your quad a total of 1" wider in the front and you could keep your long travel shocks. some feel that is still too wide and also get 4-1 offset rims which ends up narrowing it down even more
05 450r #13B

novadave

Not all long travel setups are the same, so you need to measure your shocks and find an a arm company that sell arms in +.5 or maybe +1 that use the same length shocks. I know the houser +.5 XC arms use shorter shocks then there +2 and +2.5 arms.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

backinsaddle

why don't you call elka and see if they can tell you who makes compatible arms

Pat

Thanks for the suggestions! If memory serves me correctly, isn't there a guy who has a shop in Apopka, FL that specializes in turning stock bikes into race bikes?
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

KD 428

I think that would be ATP. they are a site sponsor

Their # is 407 880 3171
HONDA CRF450R

Pat

I think that is it! Thanks and much appreciated.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

trx#9

Sell your +3 arms and shocks together and buy your new ones all together too. Don't try to mix match shocks and a arms its not worth your time and money.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!