Who's Riding in South Florida This Weekend?

Started by digginfool, November 21, 2007, 01:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

The girls are going shopping so the boy and I are looking to go play.  Who wants to get together to ride?  I was thinking of maybe going to Big Cypress on Saturday with the Monster Truck or the Outlander.  Who's up for it?  How about you and the rest of the Miami crew, Gato?  Big_Daddy, you're from Miami.  What are you doing?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Gato

we are riding 2nite down south and I think we are heading to Ft.Myers for the sat.only if you like I will keep u posted to tag along
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

jrpro130

Holey lands sunDAY if your up for it...we are going way out!!
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

rb-86

i'm down to ride tomorrow 12/8, either humps or big cypress.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

caospop

Quote from: digginfool on November 21, 2007, 01:06:09 PM
The girls are going shopping so the boy and I are looking to go play.  Who wants to get together to ride?  I was thinking of maybe going to Big Cypress on Saturday with the Monster Truck or the Outlander.  Who's up for it?  How about you and the rest of the Miami crew, Gato?  Big_Daddy, you're from Miami.  What are you doing?


I was thinking about going to holey lands this weekend... sat or sun..
2007 Polaris Sportsman

rb-86

anyone wanna go to cypress this weekend 1/26?
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

brett711

in order to ride cypress dont you have sit in a video about cypress.
2007 honda rancher

Turk


You also need an annual permit to ride there also.I called a few months ago about getting the permit and they told me they only sell so many permits per year and at that time they still had them available.They also inspect your machine as well before giving you the permit as well as have you watch the 30 min video.They told me to call ahead before bringing the atv down for inspection because they said they could most likley save me a trip there and could get certain info over the phone.
06 Sportsman 500 HO
With Some Mods

rb-86

i know i've been riding there for years. I only have two riding buddies that are registered and they hardly ride. wanted to see if anybody else here wanted to go. I just lifted my bike and i'm dying to ride. i went to go ride last weekend in homestead but before i could unload the bike a metro dade cop told us we weren't allowed to ride in that area anymore. So i'm left with just cypress. not to bad thought it's only a 45 minute trip for my to burns lake and a little more for bear island. Haven't been there for a while though. I just gotta swing by the station for my new decal. I don't need inspection till next year so.

Anybody wanna go?
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

rb-86

Quote from: Turk on January 22, 2008, 04:22:24 PM

You also need an annual permit to ride there also.I called a few months ago about getting the permit and they told me they only sell so many permits per year and at that time they still had them available.They also inspect your machine as well before giving you the permit as well as have you watch the 30 min video.They told me to call ahead before bringing the atv down for inspection because they said they could most likley save me a trip there and could get certain info over the phone.

The inspections are every two years. Basically u just need working headlights, taillights, muffler with spark arrestor, and proof of ownership. As for the tires u need 7inches of tread touching the floor in the front and 9inches in the rear. The first time i went about 2 yrs ago with my stocks (right after i bought the bike) the rears didn't pass. They measure like crazy and if they aren't sure they have u drive over sand and measure the floor. So i bought new tires and went bike the next week and have been riding since.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

Turk


I'm running 9's in the front and 12's in on the rear would that be good enough to pass?Glad to know the inspection is every 2 years thanks for clearing that up for me.
06 Sportsman 500 HO
With Some Mods

big-daddy

#12
Ok let me correct some of this.The inspections are every three years, its not a video its a slideshow on a computer, The annual pass is $50.00, yes they sell only 1000 passes a year, you need a DL to ride and You need proof of ownership.

There alot of rules in the park, so read up before you spend the money.


http://www.nps.gov/bicy/
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

#13
digginfool, your truck because its tag we be given limit access to the park
(bear island) only.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

lswjth2

If you are going to Big Cypress, please stay out of the camps(private property) and follow all the rules, I'm currently waiting a reply from the park superintendent, rumor is atv's will be out. There's a separate post here about 6 riders being caught last week in full race gear speeding down the rock trails with no ORV licenses or permits and two of the bikes came back stolen. Have fun and be safe......

Turk

#15
QuoteIf you are going to Big Cypress, please stay out of the camps(private property) and follow all the rules, I'm currently waiting a reply from the park superintendent, rumor is atv's will be out. There's a separate post here about 6 riders being caught last week in full race gear speeding down the rock trails with no ORV licenses or permits and two of the bikes came back stolen. Have fun and be safe......


Yes I read that thread and I think thats an absolute disgrace to disrespect and intrude on private property.Even when I ride out at the HoleyLands I know to stay clear of the camps out of respect for the owners because I know I wouldnt want uninvited intruders tresspassing.I think it's a shame for those of us who truley love to ride our machines and enjoy the sights of the everglades and respect the land.I've grown up and lived in South Florida for 30 years and now i'm ready to go out and enjoy the everglades and see what it's all about and that privilege may no longer be because of the types Idiots mentioned in the the other thread.
06 Sportsman 500 HO
With Some Mods

rb-86

Quote from: Turk on January 23, 2008, 06:56:00 AM

I'm running 9's in the front and 12's in on the rear would that be good enough to pass?Glad to know the inspection is every 2 years thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thats what i have and passed fine.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

rb-86

Here a link to the permit guidlines for big cypress national park:

http://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/upload/Permit%20guidelines%20FINAL.pdf

at the very bottom is says they give out 2,000 permits a year and the first time i went to ranger told me they have never sold that many lol
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

Turk


Thanks for the link.I found a lot of "good to know" information there.
06 Sportsman 500 HO
With Some Mods

rb-86

over 500 views and no one is down to go? i know there have to be some bikes here that are registered. so far it's me, brett711, my gf's uncle, and my friend gabriel. who else?
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

rb-86

Quote from: big-daddy on January 23, 2008, 06:06:10 PM
my sticker is not on my atv


sorry guys

oh i didn't think you were the same guy form atvmia lol i just thought it was coincedence that there was a big daddy hear and another one on the other site. So i guess i'll say it again, that this is bad a$$ dude.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

big-daddy

Thanks...it took me 4 month and 4 donor jeeps to put her together. ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

brett711

are there any add fees for riding big cypress.
2007 honda rancher

rb-86

Quote from: big-daddy on January 23, 2008, 09:33:58 PM
Thanks...it took me 4 month and 4 donor jeeps to put her together. ;D

came out real nice though, well worth the time. great job.

Quote from: brett711 on January 23, 2008, 10:49:58 PM
are there any add fees for riding big cypress.

just the annual permit. $50 a year.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com