FTR HS at Brighton Feb 2nd!!

Started by mudnuri, January 23, 2008, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

There are no points, pee-wee's, or youths for the quads, but there is some NICE trails to race on for those over 16!
I will be there for sure and hope to see you there, too!!
Come get your fix on some awesome property.
TCTR has always had a great event. This will be no different. Some real Florida woods racing.
If you are into gambling, there is a casino right down the road as it is on the reservation.
http://floridatrailriders.org/flyer/08_season/TCTR_020308.pdf
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

I should have the engine back together by then. If so I be will breaking it in there.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

predatorracer8

ya boy im ready, i got good direction now brian i did some investigating on googlemaps an found it lol.

cya

gearhead400

eh thats a lonnnnnng drive. 191 miles. I might sit this one out.  :(
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

predatorracer8

Quote from: gearhead400 on January 24, 2008, 01:41:11 AM
eh thats a lonnnnnng drive. 191 miles. I might sit this one out.  :(

drive? thats the easy part any length is worth it.

gearhead400

Oh believe me, If i could afford another trip that far i'd be checking off the days on my calendar! I live for this sport! But i need to get my 400 payed off so i can get a new bike. So I'm putting every dime into this last payment which makes this race a squeeze...and im tired of counting every penny hahah. Best of luck to everyone that goes!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

predatorracer8

Quote from: gearhead400 on January 25, 2008, 04:20:54 AM
Oh believe me, If i could afford another trip that far i'd be checking off the days on my calendar! I live for this sport! But i need to get my 400 payed off so i can get a new bike. So I'm putting every dime into this last payment which makes this race a squeeze...and im tired of counting every penny hahah. Best of luck to everyone that goes!

lol im just messin with you, thats cool your on your last payment.

mudnuri

Allright folks! Don't forget there is a FUN RUN Saturday after the races. Info is on the flyer.
Bring the kids and take advatage if not a member of FTR to see what a race track is like to ride on without the pressure of a race.
:P
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

Quote from: mudnuri on February 01, 2008, 01:17:19 AM
Allright folks! Don't forget there is a FUN RUN Saturday after the races. Info is on the flyer.
Bring the kids and take advatage if not a member of FTR to see what a race track is like to ride on without the pressure of a race.
:P

basically one day now sweeeet, im going to try to bring a grill and grill up some food. brian wat kind of truck you got so i know who to park by?

mudnuri

I have a 2 tone, Green and Gold Ford truck.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

Quote from: mudnuri on February 01, 2008, 02:34:03 AM
I have a 2 tone, Green and Gold Ford truck.

alrighty if there is space by you we'll park there we will be in a black chevy silverado

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

predatorracer8

ok im confused to get there from mullbery it says to take 27 south then turn left at sr-70 then turn right on CR-721 then go down to BIA-1309/south tucker road. then its ends the directions so do i go down all the way down S tucker rd and ill see it or what?

mudnuri

Just follow the Orange arrows, Jake.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

Quote from: mudnuri on February 02, 2008, 04:08:35 AM
Just follow the Orange arrows, Jake.

boy that was a fun one...i just got back, i got 3rd. but i am tired so i am going to bed.


jake

Chillinthemost

Someone must have a better report. Those of us that couldn't make it want details.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

predatorracer8

ok it was some tight trails i must have hit 20 trees lol. i completly demolished a small one. but there were two poorly maintained table tops. nice wide opn sections during the practicethe grass was really slipery and you would slide really easy. and it was really good racing.

predatorracer8

and taylor kiser ran out of gas on the last lap.

mudnuri

Oh Man you missed out on a great, GREAT! course. It was a fast course and it had everything but water and not one palmetto. The course flowed like non I have ever ridden. Hard throttle, full brakes, turn, repeat ten times in this one section. There was one section that after a couple laps, formed these berms. This was under the canopy of oak trees and you could hit those turns wide open and use those berms to keep you in it. It was great. Since it was virgin trail, there were no whoops. Okay, maybe this one section, but thats it.
The "table tops" were piles of dirt that had grass grown over that were marked green. The first one you could actuall go through the green and around the hill. The second one you had to go over. It had a nasty lip on it and if you didn't time it right you had a hard time NOT going over the bars. LOL!!
The start was the widest doube green turn ever. The course was fast and fun. The grass was freshly mowed over so there was a lot of tire spin. Many times I said to myself "Oh the clutch is going out and then you'd get out of that and it would hook up really strong, so I knew it was wheel spin. Plus my I-Razrs are about bald. Anyone want to offer up a free set. hehehe!
Once again, FTR had several top GNCC XC1 pros on the AA row. Taylor Kiser, Chris Borich, Johnny Gallagher, and others. Chuck Piper had his hands full!
On the Senior/Super Senior line we had 7 or 8 of us. Johnny Gallagher senior was on the line and so was a guy on a 250r. He is local, but I didn't get his name. I got another bad start and had to pick my way up to the leaders. The three of us led for a few miles back, to back, to back with me in 3rd. I just stuck to Gallagher and he stuck to the 250r.
In a 5th gear wide open section before a left turn back through some woods, the 250 hit a kicker and flipped. The rider balled up and rolled away from possible carnage. The big tricked out Polaris Gallagher was on suddenly jerked to the right right in front of me and I was HARD on the brakes and nearly T-boned him. I don't know how it didn't happen, but I'm glad it didn't and we saw 250r guy get up. So we hauled back into the woods. I stuck to him like glue. I kept the pressure on and felt really good. The track was a little dusty but as the day went on the wet dirt underneath came out and knocked the dust down.
Anyway, we were going into a hard right that was after a seemingly long straight. You could see where many had made the same mistake Johnny did. He over shot the turn and I didn't. See ya! Never saw him again until after the race. Good race
I want to ask you all something. When I am out there riding, sometimes I hear a rider behind me or I feel a bump. I look and there is no one. Makes you wonder....? Does this ever happen to you?

A Super BIG Thanks to TCTR for this awesome event. A super BIG thanks to the good people of Brighton to give us the opportunity to have so much fun!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

#20
Quote from: mudnuri on February 03, 2008, 06:46:01 PM
Oh Man you missed out on a great, GREAT! course. It was a fast course and it had everything but water and not one palmetto. The course flowed like non I have ever ridden. Hard throttle, full brakes, turn, repeat ten times in this one section. There was one section that after a couple laps, formed these berms. This was under the canopy of oak trees and you could hit those turns wide open and use those berms to keep you in it. It was great. Since it was virgin trail, there were no whoops. Okay, maybe this one section, but thats it.
The "table tops" were piles of dirt that had grass grown over that were marked green. The first one you could actuall go through the green and around the hill. The second one you had to go over. It had a nasty lip on it and if you didn't time it right you had a hard time NOT going over the bars. LOL!!
The start was the widest doube green turn ever. The course was fast and fun. The grass was freshly mowed over so there was a lot of tire spin. Many times I said to myself "Oh the clutch is going out and then you'd get out of that and it would hook up really strong, so I knew it was wheel spin. Plus my I-Razrs are about bald. Anyone want to offer up a free set. hehehe!
Once again, FTR had several top GNCC XC1 pros on the AA row. Taylor Kiser, Chris Borich, Johnny Gallagher, and others. Chuck Piper had his hands full!
On the Senior/Super Senior line we had 7 or 8 of us. Johnny Gallagher senior was on the line and so was a guy on a 250r. He is local, but I didn't get his name. I got another bad start and had to pick my way up to the leaders. The three of us led for a few miles back, to back, to back with me in 3rd. I just stuck to Gallagher and he stuck to the 250r.
In a 5th gear wide open section before a left turn back through some woods, the 250 hit a kicker and flipped. The rider balled up and rolled away from possible carnage. The big tricked out Polaris Gallagher was on suddenly jerked to the right right in front of me and I was HARD on the brakes and nearly T-boned him. I don't know how it didn't happen, but I'm glad it didn't and we saw 250r guy get up. So we hauled back into the woods. I stuck to him like glue. I kept the pressure on and felt really good. The track was a little dusty but as the day went on the wet dirt underneath came out and knocked the dust down.
Anyway, we were going into a hard right that was after a seemingly long straight. You could see where many had made the same mistake Johnny did. He over shot the turn and I didn't. See ya! Never saw him again until after the race. Good race
I want to ask you all something. When I am out there riding, sometimes I hear a rider behind me or I feel a bump. I look and there is no one. Makes you wonder....? Does this ever happen to you?

A Super BIG Thanks to TCTR for this awesome event. A super BIG thanks to the good people of Brighton to give us the opportunity to have so much fun!

brian i agree with all that you said it was great,


whenever i here another bike i assume im either closing in or getting closed in on lol. i got the holeshot and lead for about a mile then my low end lack of power got me and a 450r pulled on me and i droped to fourth then i made my way to third then second, i fell back to third and finished there beause i got tangled in some trees. it was a good day john gallagher talked to me and my dad and that was super cool, his advice for me was to give them hell lol. that guy is 61 and still going he is living my dream of a factory ride for polaris.


jake

mudnuri

Yes, I can only hope I can ride like that in 20 years, but yesterday there was some Yamaha dust served up to eat. LOL! j/k
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

ya when my class got to the woods there was a traffic jam and that held some of us up from the 1 and 2 place's so. 3 place makes me really hungry for 1st

predatorracer8

does anyone know what companys were out taking pictures?

jake

TRX450R_Racer

I wish I was there. I was out breaking in the new engine today.

Usually it is www.racedaypix.com
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.