Monster Jam 2008 sucked!!!

Started by shogun323, January 21, 2008, 03:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shogun323

So for the past 5 years my friends and I have gone to Monster Jam at Raymond James stadium. Well... this year was our last. Has anyone else noticed it has gotten suckier over the last few years. Club level seating is now up to $38 (I believe it was $28 last year). The worst part is that they didnt have any MX stunters out there. That has always been the highlight of the show!!!  :banghead.gif


Who else went and what did you think?
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

shogun323

They had quad wars still which is always cool. It was so muddy from all the rain they were getting stuck all over the place!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

1FasterBlaster

 It was my first show and I thought it sucked too. For rain and freezing cold, they should've done better. I'll watch it from TV from now on.
   It was so muddy when the quads hit the track that a few of them bogged out. I saw guys trying to turn and they kept going straight it was so slippery.

TRX450R_Racer

I used to do those quad wars in the Monster Jam shows. It was a lot of fun. I did Ramond James Stadium 2 years in a row, 2004 and 2005. I will tell you though I wouldn't do it in the mud. Those guys are not getting paid, only the guy running the quad wars is.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

01ZX12R

#5
Here is my quad after. Should have been called mud fest.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

01ZX12R

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Mrs.Nightbreed

Please tell me that my quad doesn't look like that........ :'( I let Kyle borrow it for the show. He called today and told Mike it was was covered in mud and he was deathly afraid of me finding out. I guess I know why now...LoL  :o

good god! is there a quad under that mudball???

trx#9

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on January 21, 2008, 04:39:30 PM
I used to do those quad wars in the Monster Jam shows. It was a lot of fun. I did Ramond James Stadium 2 years in a row, 2004 and 2005. I will tell you though I wouldn't do it in the mud. Those guys are not getting paid, only the guy running the quad wars is.
I think there's a couple of riders are getting paid. You guys should have striked 30 minutes before and demanded some $.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

01ZX12R

Yes your quad looks like that too, better tell Kyle to get his azz over to Daves and get to cleaning.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Young Gun

I went to one of these long ago, my friends dad has a trucking business that delivered the dirt... so they got free tickets.  Sucks to hear it has gone downhill... what station has it on TV?
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: 01ZX12R on January 21, 2008, 04:41:57 PM
Here is my quad after. Should have been called mud fest.

WOW!!

I would have said thanks for having me I'm out of here.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

ya buddy not for me eather.... iam with frank out of here... the best part of the show for me was the pit party ...it was fun being the famous nobody  ;D

1FasterBlaster

  I don't know how those guys even made three laps with that mud being so thick and slippery. I think like three guys pulled off the track before they were even done.

VForce700

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on January 21, 2008, 04:50:53 PM
Please tell me that my quad doesn't look like that........ :'( I let Kyle borrow it for the show. He called today and told Mike it was was covered in mud and he was deathly afraid of me finding out. I guess I know why now...LoL  :o

good god! is there a quad under that mudball???

Well the good new is your quad started out black anyway...just kiiding. oh it's probably rock hard now. Time for the hammer and chisel.. :X

predatorracer8

wat does the quad wars consist of i would like to do it next year.

Moose

I agree, the show was so bad I'll never go again.
$150 to sit in the rain and watch a slip and slide show.
If I hadn't bought my tickets last Jan, I would have stayed home.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

bignickwaite

well sirs ive gone for the past lets see im 24 and ive been going to them for 18 years and never missed one . the have been getting crappy over the past 5 years and i didnt even go this year . glad i didnt its a shame . it used to be like 4 hours long when i was a kid but its like an hr and a half now? . that sucks ill never go again
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

1FasterBlaster

  I was watching them qualify and I was like,"Are you kidding?" All these people actually came to watch this crap? And I'm one of them...sitting here in the freakin rain?
   I was told they had a freestyle MX show, I didn't see anything. I was very disappointed. I'm glad I didn't take my Daughter with me.

dj_pizzim

#20
the show hasnt been going down hill your just getting used to it! it isnt as long as it used to be but owell This year would have been just a good as last year. Ive been going for quite some time and already bought my tickets for next year after the show just like i do every year. The rain killed the show ... its that simply. If you like monster trucks then you know the show is the same, its all about watching the trucks go fast, jump cars and break stuff. The problem is when it rains like it did (just so you know i was out there all day, and boy did it rain) they cant corner for chit there for they cant make the jumps or do donuts which make both the races and freestyle suck. but watching big trucks in the mud was still fun


as for the guys in the quad wars i was really expecting them to call it ... i didnt think anyone would want to put their quad through that for free im pretty sure someone blew a motor
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

alex821

Wow, I hope the one in Miami is better. I'm heading to that one next week.  They always get a good turnout.
-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"

Andy9933

Quote from: dj_pizzim on January 22, 2008, 12:25:52 AM
the show hasnt been going down hill your just getting used to it! it isnt as long as it used to be but owell This year would have been just a good as last year. Ive been going for quite some time and already bought my tickets for next year after the show just like i do every year. The rain killed the show ... its that simply. If you like monster trucks then you know the show is the same, its all about watching the trucks go fast, jump cars and break stuff. The problem is when it rains like it did (just so you know i was out there all day, and boy did it rain) they cant corner for chit there for they cant make the jumps or do donuts which make both the races and freestyle suck. but watching big trucks in the mud was still fun


as for the guys in the quad wars i was really expecting them to call it ... i didnt think anyone would want to put their quad through that for free im pretty sure someone blew a motor

You can blame the sucky racing on the rain but where was the freestyle?????Nothing but mud and super slick,you would think it would be doughnut fest.I think there was 2 trucks that did doughnuts.I would have to say the best part of the show is when grave digger and max D did there intro togeather but thats just my opinion

Andy
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

LostCause

I didn't go but think about this for the freestyle. 
If it was as bad as everyone says do you really think that those quys doing the freestyle would take the risk?  That is the most dangerious part of the show.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

dj_pizzim

freestyle take traction jumps, wheelies, donuts ... they get shut down if they get out of control.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com