What brand of shock ???

Started by YFZ450-Tampa, April 12, 2005, 01:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFZ450-Tampa

Well I'm fixing to get a new set of shocks, I know as far as I've seen, Elkas are the most popular ones, but I wonder how about the other brands, Peps, Ohlins, Fox, Spider, any way, I'll like to have some info before take that $$$ out of my pocket,
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

53yfz450

id only go with elkas there werth the money. ;D
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

YFZ450-Tampa

Yes, that's what I have heard, I just wanted to double check, I'll soon get the $$$ to get them (finaly)
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

SLOW450R

YFZ.....your riding FTR right?

if you want the best pony up the dough and get a set of Custom Axis for the YFZ.  Many of the top guys are now using these and there are TONS of people in FTR that are now using them.  If I were you I would get a ride on them and the elkas before you make a purchase.

It also depends on which Elkas you are looking at.  Elka Elites would work great, but I would still have to say Axis would be my choice.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

400EX

2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks

LIV2RIDE

Quotei would  say get axis..
Check out  --------------------------> [url="//www.quadsforchrist.net"]www.quadsforchrist.net[/url]

YFZ450-Tampa

Price wise, are them about the same price, I'll probably be looking for a triple rated, compression and rebound adjust pigy tail. And yes have seen some guys at FTR with AXIS, but there amre a lot more using Elkas  ???
Any info about prices ?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

500ex

ars fx aarms with custom axis is the way to go for xc.call gt thunder and get the rear link or the rear will never work right.i'll be ording me a set next weak.price is around 3300.00.

YFZ450-Tampa

Is there any site I can go to, I'll like to check them out
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

YFZ450-Tampa

Oh well I made my mine, I'm getting Elkas with Houser long travel "A" arms, thank's to all of you that gave me your opinions. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC