Lil Greenmachine, Lil Dreth, and Lil Rob

Started by Ride1Rob, January 06, 2008, 06:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride1Rob

Greenmachine, Dreth, and I got together to take the boys out to the MX track yesterday. It was day full of intense riding for the boys. They pretty much had the track to themselves as it was kind of slow yesterday and the weather couldn't have been better. That boys played and rode together very well and we will surely be doing this again! It was finally GREAT to meet you and Coby Greenmachine. You guys are awsome! As usual, Dreth and Ryan helped to make another great weekend. The kids pretty much started on their own levels. Ryan was a tad bit faster than Coby and my son had ALOT of growing up to do stay with the other two. By the end of the day, they had all made each other faster and there were some AWSOME battles on the track. We'd start them off behind each other in no particular order in the beginning of the day and Ryan would pull ahead along with Coby trying to hold on. By the end of the day noone was much faster and the only passing done was after a mistake was made. It was awsome seeing how the kids were learning and getting better on the spot. We anticipated on leaving about 1pm but because the kids were having so much fun and the competition was so intense, we didn't leave til after 4:30 ;) .

Here are some pics of the boys. The track was nice once we got there but as the day moved on they rutted this track up pretty good.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQae7kBfioQ



















































































































If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

klutchbuster400

Great shots, its probably more fun to watch your kids ride, then riding yourself.

Ride1Rob

It's funny that you say that. We all were saying that yesterday. We had more fun watching them than riding ourselves lol. On one pass when Ryan and my son were side by side for a couple of corners myself and Dreth were jumping around and hollering like it was the real races.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

greenmachine

Yes it was a great day meeting you guys. It is always fun to hang with quality people. Colby & myself were talking about it all the way home & for hours after that. He really enjoyed meeting Ryan & Jam. He is anticipating the next time.
Dreth, once again man I cant say enough. This guy spent at least a 1/2 hour at the end of the day helping someone elses son learn to ride a little dirtbike on the severely rutted track. Dreth was running back & forth between the 3 worst spots because the little man kept laying it down in the deep soft ruts. The kids own dad gave up on it, but Dreth was there until the kid gave up.
The boys had to have put in over 150 laps & they still didnt want to stop. It was the best day I have had since the Nov. Plex ride.
Rob, the invitation will be forever open to go to a plex ride with the boys together.

As was stated in the 2nd post, we as dads were having more fun watching these boys grow & learn & bond than we ever could have had on any track at any place!
The boys were learning technique from each other & it showed on every lap, every turn & every jump. They pushed each other to the limit & they all learned from Rob's quote of the day, "It aint about the wins, its about the friends."
That quote will be in my mind forever, thanks Rob. My son actually said it today when he, his lil sis & his 2 cousins were riding & getting a little too competetive.

450rcrazy

Thats awesome guys ! I have more fun watching the kids ride than I do riding and I dont even have kids. I just think how cool it would have been to have a quad when I was a kid! Greenmachine and Rob are you guys gonna make it to the Plex next weekend?

Ride1Rob

Steve, I'll definitely hop in on that invitation. As soon as I rebuild this motor and get some time away from the job next month we'll all head up together. As far as the quote, I got that from Dreth (lol). He used to say it back when we raced at Sandmountain.

450R Crazy, I'd like to go up and that's also something we all talked about yesterday. But I can't make it because I'm on call this month and can't leave the county. I'm pushing for the one Feb 25th. I'll have my motor done by then and we all plan on being there that day. Actually, that'll be my first day back on call for the month so hopefully nothing will happen  :o  .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

greenmachine

Quote from: 450rcrazy on January 06, 2008, 10:30:47 PM
Thats awesome guys ! I have more fun watching the kids ride than I do riding and I dont even have kids. I just think how cool it would have been to have a quad when I was a kid! Greenmachine and Rob are you guys gonna make it to the Plex next weekend?
I am shooting for the chilli cookoff in February. I hope to have Rob & Jam with us. These kids will be running that peewee track all day. Make sure paul has gas in the dozer for when they get done with it...lol

With these 3, the kids events will be very competetive. Maybe a jumping stye comp could be thrown in. It was funny to see these boys throwing the no footers, one footers & one handers yesterday. Lookout quads only...lol

Chillinthemost

Looks like it was a great day.

  I have to ask, those hills in the background are calling me. Can you ride on them?
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Ride1Rob

I saw a guy on a Rhino riding his girl and daughter back there. Don't know if it's private property or not but there's a Fence seperating the track from the hills. Chillen, I don't think those hills are big enough for you anyway (LOL).
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Shawn

it was a great day. I can only say that Yall already said it all ;) Ill post some pics and vid as soon as i get a chance ;D
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Ryan and Jam when the track was fresh. by the end of the day it looked like the ssqsa had been there :D
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Ryans 1st ride in several months. He was timmed at 1st but once the others boys got there that all changed
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Jam likes to do tricks and he usually lands like this. Ryan is looking like his old man 8)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Jm looking better.
Ryan and Jam going at it. Look out Pops,, here we come
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

monkey see, monky do with these kids
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Colby with good form. He just needs more power..................Oh Mom!
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

But Mom, Look at what theirs can do......... :-* I love you mommy
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Tons of fun these kids had and us parentswere over joyed
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Wait until they get to the MOTOPLEX where they have room to race and jumps with landings ;)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

here is another good pass. Colby needs more power. When he gets the power these 2 will be fun to watch





http://media.putfile.com/mb3
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

#23
The track was little narrow so passing was hard. This pass attempt had me scared but he Ryan saved it and proved that these kids can think on the go
http://media.putfile.com/mb5



This here is what pressure does to you you when you have never raced before
http://media.putfile.com/mb4
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

The boys discussing that in a few more years they will be spanking their old man :D
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206