Spa heater repair?

Started by 1FasterBlaster, December 30, 2007, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

  I had a guy that was suppose to come out and fix my hot tub heater for my New Years Eve party and he's a no show. Does anyone know how to fix it? You can come to the party and eat and drink all you want if you can do it before tomorrow night.
   I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would try. You can reach me @ (727)204-0883.

Chino

Ida_Mann

there aint much that can go wrong with those things without replacing parts,,,,and usually it's the heating element or the whole thing.

is it electric? gas?

if it's electric it might be a simple fix to just pull the element out of it and call around town for the part.

I have a spa heater attached to my pool(small pool) and it does an OK job of warming it up, but I rigged it and it takes about as much juice as the water heater for the house.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

1FasterBlaster

  It's an electric 110 I haven't the slightest idea on what's what.

Thunderdually

It's been years since I have worked on spas. But when I was working on them it was either a relay,fuse or the element that went out. Depending on the chemicals that you use in your spa the elements usually last from 3 to 5 years. the heating element is usually attached to a PVC cap that will screw out. The best thing to do at this late date is pull the heating element and check it. if it looks bad call around to the spa shops for a heating element. It could just be that the heating element is caked with calcium deposits and it might still work if you clean it off.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

1FasterBlaster

 Give me a call to see if I can get more details. I appreciate the help. (727)204-0883

Chino

Ida_Mann

I was out all day,,,any luck Chino?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

1FasterBlaster

  I'll fix it in a few days after the holiday.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com