ITP Holeshot vs. Maxxis Razor

Started by MudMan, December 20, 2007, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudMan

I don't ride a sport bike but I'm getting a set of tires as a gift for someone that rides a Honda 400EX.  Can I get some thoughts on these two sets of tires so I can make a decision.  The tread on them looks pretty similar.  But like I said I ride a UTE so I only know about mud tires.   THANKS !!!
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

trx#9

soft sand, holeshots.
hard pack, maxxis.
But they do work for both! ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

1FasterBlaster

  I like the Holeshots in the sand. The Razors are good for muddy ground, hardpack, and roots. I like the Razors for the quad scramble type riding.
   But turning corners, they grip and don't slide. I think their heavier too.

Ida_Mann

the Razr's are a bit heavier, I was sold on the holeshots when I walked into a dealership in Palatka and they had a Cannondale on display in the lobby with holeshots on the front and rear and it had a sign on it that read "2002 Baja 1000 winner", so I asked about the durability of the holeshots and was told that they brought 12 sets of tires for that quad and never used them because it finished the race with the same tires on it.

done.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

07orlando450R

im gettin ready go get some new rear's, i was thinking some holeshot HD's, or XCR's, any opinions? ive heard the HD's are a bit heavy, but i ride a lot of loose terrain and weigh only 150 so gettin traction is tough, at least with half bald stock tires!
2007 Honda 511R The Beast
95 sportsman 4x4 2 smoke

1FasterBlaster

 You mean sand, or tree roots and dirt. If your doing more trails and natural terrain, I would go with the Razors.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com