Anyone using Bio-Diesel??

Started by yamahaha, December 20, 2007, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahaha

Anyone making bio-diesel?
What kind of system?
truck?
And any modifications to the truck?
Any problems?

MuddFreak77

I run B-20 when I can find it.  THe only draw back is the first time you use it you will have to change the fuel filters several times.

2001 Ford F250 7.3ltr, mods I have many but nothing especially for Biofuel.

No problems
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Young Gun

Isn't bio-diesel more expensive?  Especially if you make your own at home?
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

backinsaddle

Quote from: REBEL on December 20, 2007, 04:20:29 PM
Isn't bio-diesel more expensive?  Especially if you make your own at home?

not including equipment, you can make biodiesel for around $0.70/gallon I'm told

Smoknbanshee

have a friend that bought the 3k dollar system and gets the cooking oil from a local seafood restaurant and makes his own bio-diesel.  Been running for about 3 years in a Dura-max.  No problems.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

k-town quad boy #5

my dad runs his used motor oil or vaacum pump oil mixes it in with the diesel and runs it, free gas and better mileage

dodge 2500 1996

not to sure if you would want to do this with a newer truck.
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES

MuddFreak77

Quote from: k-town quad boy #5 on December 20, 2007, 05:26:07 PM
my dad runs his used motor oil or vaacum pump oil mixes it in with the diesel and runs it, free gas and better mileage

dodge 2500 1996

not to sure if you would want to do this with a newer truck.

If you try and do that with a newer truck you will destroy it.  I think the 1996 Dodge cummins is still all mechanical so you can get away with it.  I used to run a Kero and diesel mix in the winters up north in a 1983 Ford 6.9, I won't even try that with the newer trucks
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Young Gun

Quote from: backinsaddle on December 20, 2007, 04:23:55 PM
not including equipment, you can make biodiesel for around $0.70/gallon I'm told

Equipment costs a lot though, it would take a few years before you actually start saving money.  Plus I have heard some restaurants will make you pay for their USED oil?  So ridiculous...
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Bigscrb15

Quote from: REBEL on December 20, 2007, 06:20:03 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on December 20, 2007, 04:23:55 PM
not including equipment, you can make biodiesel for around $0.70/gallon I'm told

Equipment costs a lot though, it would take a few years before you actually start saving money.  Plus I have heard some restaurants will make you pay for their USED oil?  So ridiculous...

some restaurants will pay you to take it away.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

trx#9

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 20, 2007, 09:59:02 PM
Quote from: REBEL on December 20, 2007, 06:20:03 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on December 20, 2007, 04:23:55 PM
not including equipment, you can make biodiesel for around $0.70/gallon I'm told

Equipment costs a lot though, it would take a few years before you actually start saving money.  Plus I have heard some restaurants will make you pay for their USED oil?  So ridiculous...

some restaurants will pay you to take it away.
Until there's a demand for it. ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

AmericanRobster

I know a guy at my work who has a 6.0 PS and he plans on using Bio-diesel soon. I think that he said he could get it for $1.50 a gallon.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Mars

Used motor oil is being paid at .20~.25 a gallon.

Used veg oil has lots of solids needing lots of filtering.

Blending use motor/trans oil can be done on older diesels but it must be filtered to 20 microns or you will damage your pumps.(10 micron recomended)

Your a fool if you run blended crap in a late model/common rail engines.(injectors $600 each +10 micron particals will stick them open)

It you drive 80,000 miles a year you might break even on bio-diesel
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com