Title / Registration / Sticker What Do I Need ???

Started by smorin, December 11, 2007, 01:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smorin

Today I went to get a trailer title transfered and found out I only needed a bill of sale.  I also wanted to tranfer title on a 1996 RMX250 I recently bought.  I found out I had to pay tax and Title fees to do that as well as purchase off highway registraion sticker.  I guess I get all that, but I don't know how to handle the rest.  I won a 2007 Polaris 450 and all I have is out of state bill of sale.  How is that handled and I also have a 1989 RM125 I purchased as a back up bike and it only has a ill of sale.  Can someone help me figure this out ???


Ida_Mann

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help,,,,I unlocked the topic for you so people could post.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

Here ya go. Read pages 10-12. They will answer all your questions. You might want to print it out, because the people that work there usually don't know the laws. The older ones I would have someone write you a bill of sale that is dated earlier than 7/2002 with the VIN # on it. Then you don't have to pay tax. Good Luck

http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/Manuals/DMVProcedures/BTR/tl/TL-44.pdf
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

smorin


logandzwon

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on December 11, 2007, 03:15:36 AM
Here ya go. Read pages 10-12. They will answer all your questions. You might want to print it out, because the people that work there usually don't know the laws. The older ones I would have someone write you a bill of sale that is dated earlier than 7/2002 with the VIN # on it. Then you don't have to pay tax. Good Luck

http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/Manuals/DMVProcedures/BTR/tl/TL-44.pdf

That part is especially true.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

smorin

So, On the Polaris 450 I juast won I take it I have to come up with 7% tax on the declared value from the shipping reciept or should I call the Company in Georgia that it was purchased from and ask for a bill of sale for a lower amount ???

logandzwon

Quote from: smorin on December 11, 2007, 03:38:39 AM
So, On the Polaris 450 I juast won I take it I have to come up with 7% tax on the declared value from the shipping reciept or should I call the Company in Georgia that it was purchased from and ask for a bill of sale for a lower amount ???

You will have to pay the tax on the declared value.  You can try asking them for a BOS for a lower amount, but I highly doubt they will go for it.  They get a tax break based on the value of their "loss."

smorin

That gonna cost a few bucks to say the least.  How strictly is that Off Highway sticker enforced places other than Croom and Ocala and sites like that...

trey82

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dgt714

Quote from: smorin on December 11, 2007, 03:54:52 AM
That gonna cost a few bucks to say the least.  How strictly is that Off Highway sticker enforced places other than Croom and Ocala and sites like that...
Don`t know about Croom but Ocala  you will get a ticket.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com