6 hour endurance race

Started by quadtographer, November 26, 2007, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFZ450-Tampa

If there is no race at JX I can see this one been a success, other ways, a lot of people wont be able to make both of them.

I'll try to make them both, still waiting on the rules and other details
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

quadtographer

What I know as of now:

3-4 man teams and bikes, change as often as you like during the six hour race.

Will be a ironman class for each, quad and bike

Will be a superman class for those racing quads and bike

Will be a superteam class for teams racing both quads and bike

Will be also be a side by side race

Stay tuned for further info

predatorracer8


quadtographer

No you can do ironman, one man one machine.

predatorracer8

but if your on a team do you each have a quad or is it one of those you ride two hours then stop then he rides two hours kinda deal.

YFZ450-Tampa

It says 3-4 man teams and bikes, so it should be 3-4 riders 3-4 bikes, correct?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

dirtdigger

Quote from: predatorracer8 on December 06, 2007, 01:59:09 AM
but if your on a team do you each have a quad or is it one of those you ride two hours then stop then he rides two hours kinda deal.

three man team three quads or bikes. each man rides his own quad/bike. This way you are not riding a bike that you are not familiar with and one bike is not trashed from the  hours of hard racing.

dirtdigger

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on December 06, 2007, 02:03:24 AM
It says 3-4 man teams and bikes, so it should be 3-4 riders 3-4 bikes, correct?

correct

dirtdigger

Quote from: chuck9b on December 05, 2007, 04:19:25 PM
I JUST SAW ON ANOTHER SITE THAT THE LAND OWNER HAS PLANTED OATS ON THE PROPERTY IN JAX. SO THE CLUB IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PIECE AND MAYBE A DATE PER DAN GEORGE. SO MAYBE THIS RACE ISN'T A FACTOR. CHUCK8A


I have heard about a location change but other than that, "heard" is the key word.

dirtdigger

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 05, 2007, 01:00:05 PM
Quote from: quadtographer on December 04, 2007, 10:03:17 PM
Its official the race date is January 19 - 20.  More info and rules to follow.
Is this race FTR sanctioned and scored?  Who or what group is responsible for making all the plans, dates, rules, etc.? I think the date will kill either the quadscramble or the 6hr race, they will both suffer attendance.
  When will we get details? If the race is going to be that soon shouldnt the details already be ironed out.

this is not a FTR event as for sanctioned trying to find that info out as I type

quadtographer

Sorry this race is not scantioned for by anyone but for fun..............

predatorracer8

Quote from: dirtdigger on December 06, 2007, 02:47:33 AM
Quote from: predatorracer8 on December 06, 2007, 01:59:09 AM
but if your on a team do you each have a quad or is it one of those you ride two hours then stop then he rides two hours kinda deal.

three man team three quads or bikes. each man rides his own quad/bike. This way you are not riding a bike that you are not familiar with and one bike is not trashed from the  hours of hard racing.

10-4

YFZ450-Tampa

Quote from: quadtographer on December 07, 2007, 12:24:04 AM
Sorry this race is not scantioned for by anyone but for fun..............

Well all the races I do are for fun, so it doesn't make any difference to me.

So let's all go and get toughether, have a great race and tons of fun.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

Yeah!
I guess we should start teaming up.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

#39
ya i was thinking about making a team with another guy from c-open that i met at hardrock, if anybodys interested let me know.

TRX450R_Racer

If I go I think I might do the ironman.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

svtbolt04

The date is too soon for me. Hope this happens more often though.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Chillinthemost

Will there be classes such as A,B,C,vet, senior,etc? If not I want Taylor Kiser and Bill Ballance on my team.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

backinsaddle

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 07, 2007, 01:01:20 PM
Will there be classes such as A,B,C,vet, senior,etc? If not I want Taylor Kiser and Bill Ballance on my team.

why would you want those guys when you can have me on your team  :D

atvrob


predatorracer8


mudnuri

#46
Okay, so who is hosting this event? Just Add Dirt?
Are they going to produce a flyer and promote it or is it just a word of mouth/internet race?

>>> I am reading elsewhere this is being postponed until further notice. True??
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

quadtographer

Quote from: mudnuri on December 07, 2007, 08:31:50 PM
Okay, so who is hosting this event? Just Add Dirt?
Are they going to produce a flyer and promote it or is it just a word of mouth/internet race?

>>> I am reading elsewhere this is being postponed until further notice. True??


a flyer is in the making it is being hosted by Sarasota Quad Riders, Old School Dirt Riders and just-add-dirt.   NO it has not be post poned....it is STILL on

mudnuri

So the date for this event is January 19 - 20, correct?
I can't wait!! :P
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

quadtographer

Quote from: mudnuri on December 07, 2007, 11:03:28 PM
So the date for this event is January 19 - 20, correct?
I can't wait!! :P



yes