changed**** when will someone win the raffle for the rhino at l-cross????

Started by 561rincon, November 07, 2007, 07:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

Sure does sound like a scam! All of the prizes seem to stay within the family.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Mudneck

I see no answers.....So assuming they DID NOT file all the proper raffle criteria with the state,now what? Where do all the hundreds of ticket buyers stand?
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

AintSkeered

For those who don't appreciate the "extras" you get when buying multiple tickets, do a google search(Urban dictionary) on the added prizes being offered.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

exrider

Quote from: AintSkeered on November 25, 2007, 05:29:34 PM
For those who don't appreciate the "extras" you get when buying multiple tickets, do a google search(Urban dictionary) on the added prizes being offered.

For those of us without a "Urban Dictionary" what do you mean?
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

kawGIRL

What added prizes :dunno.gif You think they are going to raffle off the Arctic Cat and the Rhino? ~HA~~
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Mudneck

Quote from: kawGIRL on November 25, 2007, 06:05:43 PM
What added prizes :dunno.gif You think they are going to raffle off the Arctic Cat and the Rhino? ~HA~~

My tickets say... Thanks for our vacation fund SUCKER  in fine print


[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Moose

Quote





I guess they didn't think you would read the fine print.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Mudneck

Quote from: Moose on November 25, 2007, 06:20:22 PM
Quote





I guess they didn't think you would read the fine print.

Did anyone else notice the background in the pics is of Underhills Bamboo?

Is he having a raffle too? ???
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

450rcrazy

Patricia & Mark ! save some face and respond in some way . These are all hard working people who don't have alot of access money laying around and have lives where every dollar counts. You owe them at least an explination and show them you at least care about the situation and have a resolution in mind.

exrider

I don't think they care! I for one will never attend another event there. If I bought raffle tickets I would assume the raffle was being held that weekend. It is hard to swear off a place with so many naked chicks, but I think it is time we all do.I hate the hard choices in life :'(
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

HVYHLR53

Quote from: exrider on November 25, 2007, 07:44:56 PM
I don't think they care! I for one will never attend another event there. If I bought raffle tickets I would assume the raffle was being held that weekend. It is hard to swear off a place with so many naked chicks, but I think it is time we all do.I hate the hard choices in life :'(

Like I said in my earlier post "Half of you people griping about the tickets probably don't even have tickets". For that matter.... most of you guys aren't even old enough to buy raffle tickets without mom or dad. Why would you "swear off a place with so many naked chicks" If the situation didn't affect you. So what, they screwed up! They will have the raffle (probably before they are served), get a slap on the wrist and It will be all over. Then we can continue to party with the naked chicks hopfully not having to pay a raised entry fee at the gate to help pay for the attorney fees.

Lets all grow up and let it play out.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

Bleedsblue

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on November 26, 2007, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: exrider on November 25, 2007, 07:44:56 PM
I don't think they care! I for one will never attend another event there. If I bought raffle tickets I would assume the raffle was being held that weekend. It is hard to swear off a place with so many naked chicks, but I think it is time we all do.I hate the hard choices in life :'(

Like I said in my earlier post "Half of you people griping about the tickets probably don't even have tickets". For that matter.... most of you guys aren't even old enough to buy raffle tickets without mom or dad. Why would you "swear off a place with so many naked chicks" If the situation didn't affect you. So what, they screwed up! They will have the raffle (probably before they are served), get a slap on the wrist and It will be all over. Then we can continue to party with the naked chicks hopfully not having to pay a raised entry fee at the gate to help pay for the attorney fees.

Lets all grow up and let it play out.

So just because I didn't buy tickets I'm not allowed to state my opinion on the subject? I have friends that do have tickets, some posting in this thread and some that haven't. I have attended events out there and I do think it's wrong what has happened out there. As you stated that some aren't old enough to buy raffle tickets they probably aren't old enough to get into the adult events to see any of those naked chicks anyways so they aren't swearing off anything. L-cross is far from being the only gig in town. Until this is resolved I won't be attending any more events. Going to future events knowing they are playing games like this with the raffle is basically giving approval for them to continue to do it.

The smartest thing they can do is end the raffle and give away the Rhino, Prowler, whatever and stick to thier regular events for making money. Till then this thread will just live on forever and more and more people will think twice of going there. 

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

Mudneck

Like Ive been saying all along.It is PISS POOR business practice to do something like this. Open forum gives us the right to talk about whatever topic.This affects allot of folks. Look at the views 3 thousand? More people want answers than who are posting.

Never said nothing about the PARK its the lack of respect for those of us who purchased tickets and the lack of coutesy to answer a legitimate question!

WHEN IS THE RAFFLE TAKING PLACE? Posting the name and pics of the winner.

Fock growing up.We bought the tickets the ones need to grow up are the ones who ripped us off!
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

raca65

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on November 26, 2007, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: exrider on November 25, 2007, 07:44:56 PM
I don't think they care! I for one will never attend another event there. If I bought raffle tickets I would assume the raffle was being held that weekend. It is hard to swear off a place with so many naked chicks, but I think it is time we all do.I hate the hard choices in life :'(

Like I said in my earlier post "Half of you people griping about the tickets probably don't even have tickets". For that matter.... most of you guys aren't even old enough to buy raffle tickets without mom or dad. Why would you "swear off a place with so many naked chicks" If the situation didn't affect you. So what, they screwed up! They will have the raffle (probably before they are served), get a slap on the wrist and It will be all over. Then we can continue to party with the naked chicks hopfully not having to pay a raised entry fee at the gate to help pay for the attorney fees.

Lets all grow up and let it play out.







Holy crap i can't believe you would write something so simple minded. Why would you let someone rob you and feel its O.K. to do so?? Oh so you can see some fat topless chick oh boy and you say where a bunch of kids man you really need to look in the mirror and get a life Dude...After all these years on this site I've bitten my tongue and haven't responded it stupid posts but saying its O.K. for someone to rob the rest of us has to take the cake. 

budman

I haven't bought a raffle ticket, and I will not go back, hell, I may never go back. I hate dishonest people, and won't do business with someone who screws over people that I know, or a group of people that I know by association.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

trey82

Maybe someone would like to call Mark and Patti about the raffle...

863-763-0569
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

exrider

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on November 26, 2007, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: exrider on November 25, 2007, 07:44:56 PM
I don't think they care! I for one will never attend another event there. If I bought raffle tickets I would assume the raffle was being held that weekend. It is hard to swear off a place with so many naked chicks, but I think it is time we all do.I hate the hard choices in life :'(

Like I said in my earlier post "Half of you people griping about the tickets probably don't even have tickets". For that matter.... most of you guys aren't even old enough to buy raffle tickets without mom or dad. Why would you "swear off a place with so many naked chicks" If the situation didn't affect you. So what, they screwed up! They will have the raffle (probably before they are served), get a slap on the wrist and It will be all over. Then we can continue to party with the naked chicks hopfully not having to pay a raised entry fee at the gate to help pay for the attorney fees.

Lets all grow up and let it play out. 

You are missing the point. I would swear off any business that acts dishonestly. No I do not have any raffle tickets,never said I did. I have attended their events and simply stated I will NOT attend another one. It would not surprise me if they did raise the entry fee to make up for their shady raffle. It goes right along with how they have acted so far. If you don't like it please don't read this topic. But I for one will send it to the top of the page every time, so every one else has a chance to see how they do business. You are right, everyone screws up. It is how you make it right that matters.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

Anoriginal

Quote from: trey82 on November 26, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
Maybe someone would like to call Mark and Patti about the raffle...

863-763-0569

Like maybe the local State Attorney's office?

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 26, 2007, 07:30:35 PM
Quote from: trey82 on November 26, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
Maybe someone would like to call Mark and Patti about the raffle...

863-763-0569

Like maybe the local State Attorney's office?

Your good.  I always love to read topics you respond too.  Never had the opportunity to meet you but if you hang out with Chillin, you are a good person.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Mudneck

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 26, 2007, 07:30:35 PM
Quote from: trey82 on November 26, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
Maybe someone would like to call Mark and Patti about the raffle...

863-763-0569

Like maybe the local State Attorney's office?


Here is statute read the bottom that is underlined and then come back up and read section 3-d that is underlined.
(849.0935 Charitable, nonprofit organizations; drawings by chance; required disclosures; unlawful acts and practices; penalties.--

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "Drawing by chance" or "drawing" means an enterprise in which, from the entries submitted by the public to the organization conducting the drawing, one or more entries are selected by chance to win a prize. The term "drawing" does not include those enterprises, commonly known as "matching," "instant winner," or "preselected sweepstakes," which involve the distribution of winning numbers, previously designated as such, to the public.

(b) "Organization" means an organization which is exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (, (10), or (19), and which has a current determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service, and its bona fide members or officers.

(2) The provisions of s. 849.09 shall not be construed to prohibit an organization qualified under 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (, (10), or (19) from conducting drawings by chance pursuant to the authority granted by this section, provided the organization has complied with all applicable provisions of chapter 496.

(3) All brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks used in connection with a drawing by chance shall conspicuously disclose:

(a) The rules governing the conduct and operation of the drawing.

(b) The full name of the organization and its principal place of business.

(c) The source of the funds used to award cash prizes or to purchase prizes.

(d) The date, hour, and place where the winner will be chosen and the prizes will be awarded, unless the brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks are not offered to the public more than 3 days prior to the drawing. (e) That no purchase or contribution is necessary.
(4) It is unlawful for any organization which, pursuant to the authority granted by this section, promotes, operates, or conducts a drawing by chance:

(a) To design, engage in, promote, or conduct any drawing in which the winner is predetermined by means of matching, instant win, or preselected sweepstakes or otherwise or in which the selection of the winners is in any way rigged;

(b) To require an entry fee, donation, substantial consideration, payment, proof of purchase, or contribution as a condition of entering the drawing or of being selected to win a prize. However, this provision shall not prohibit an organization from suggesting a minimum donation or from including a statement of such suggested minimum donation on any printed material utilized in connection with the fundraising event or drawing;

(c) To condition the drawing on a minimum number of tickets having been disbursed to contributors or on a minimum amount of contributions having been received;

(d) To arbitrarily remove, disqualify, disallow, or reject any entry or to discriminate in any manner between entrants who gave contributions to the organization and those who did not give such contributions;

(e) To fail to promptly notify, at the address set forth on the entry blank, any person, whose entry is selected to win, of the fact that he or she won;

(f) To fail to award all prizes offered;

(g) To print, publish, or circulate literature or advertising material used in connection with the drawing which is false, deceptive, or misleading;

(h) To cancel a drawing; or

(i) To condition the acquisition or giveaway of any prize upon the receipt of voluntary donations or contributions.

(5) The organization conducting the drawing may limit the number of tickets distributed to each drawing entrant.

(6) A violation of this section is a deceptive and unfair trade practice.

(7) Any organization which engages in any act or practice in violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. However, any organization or other person who sells or offers for sale in this state a ticket or entry blank for a raffle or other drawing by chance, without complying with the requirements of paragraph (3)(d), is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by fine only as provided in s. 775.083.

( This section does not apply to the state lottery operated pursuant to chapter 24.


Randall B. McGruther
Chief Assistant State Attorney
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

dynodon

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on November 26, 2007, 07:33:15 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on November 26, 2007, 07:30:35 PM
Quote from: trey82 on November 26, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
Maybe someone would like to call Mark and Patti about the raffle...

863-763-0569

Like maybe the local State Attorney's office?

Your good.  I always love to read topics you respond too.  Never had the opportunity to meet you but if you hang out with Chillin, you are a good person.
He is alright Jason..... I will vouch for him, Just dont leave your cheeseburger sitting around !!!!! LOL

Still NO response yet huh????  ??? ??? ???
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

trey82

If I bought some raffle tickets and wanted a response I would call the person directly instead of complaining on a forum that they are not reading. But thats just me...
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

renmus


Anoriginal

Quote from: dynodon on November 26, 2007, 07:50:51 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on November 26, 2007, 07:33:15 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on November 26, 2007, 07:30:35 PM
Quote from: trey82 on November 26, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
Maybe someone would like to call Mark and Patti about the raffle...

863-763-0569

Like maybe the local State Attorney's office?

Your good.  I always love to read topics you respond too.  Never had the opportunity to meet you but if you hang out with Chillin, you are a good person.
He is alright Jason..... I will vouch for him, Just dont leave your cheeseburger sitting around !!!!! LOL

Still NO response yet huh????  ??? ??? ???

You guys are the best. Don, you kill me. I love cheeseburgers.

Seriously, I don't have any tickets myself.. However, if I did or if I had a client that did, ,I'd be calling them direct as well as the state attorney's office.

Regarding this forum, it's a perfect place to air concerns and questions. A simle response in a public forum would go miles to clarifying things. giving them the benefit of the doubt; this could very well be a simple misunderstanding and nothing more.

trey82

This would be a perfect place to voice your concerns regarding the issue so Patti could respond and everyone could read it....but she hasn't been active since the 14th so someone might want to give her a ring.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com