Can Quads clear big jumps?

Started by Numkut, April 08, 2005, 11:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numkut

I don't ride quads but I do enjoy dropping in on this site every once in a while, seems like best source of news around the Florida area. But I had a question I been wondering. Why don't very many quads clear big jumps at the track? Is it difficult to manuver in the air? Or is it lack of acceleration? I don't know just been wondering, looks like quads have a harder time.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

surgical911


53yfz450

when the dirt bikers go out they make a single line and since we have four wheels we cant follow that line and two wheels will go in and two wheels wont causing us to land crooked and that hurts. but find the right line and thay can jumps the same jumps as the bikes can. there are many other reasons but to many to explain.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Exmx54

It depends on the track, some tracks are more accepting to quad style riding. For example, at seminole, the jump faces have little to no launch, makin only bikes that can preload a lot be able to clear them. Now take thundercross, the jumps have huge launches, and makes it much easier to jump. Same with hardrock, all the jumps have really good launch, but some landings hurt.

stump66

#4
Check with dreth, he got wings and a pilots license, :o
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Honda328i

Check out the freestyle section, there's several pictures of quad launches.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

dreth

QuoteCheck with dreth, he got wings and a pilots license, :o


yea check with the crazy man! everything that was posted above is true, but there is 1 thing they forgot to mention! you cant be scared and you have to be a little looney at times ;D

dirtbikes have almost twice the horsepower and half the weight not to mention the 14 inches of travel to soak up any mistakes

400exRacer77

i have 12 inches of travel on my bike  ;D ..... takes more ummm ya know to ride a quad also i think
2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......

quads_only

[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

dreth

Quotei have 12 inches of travel on my bike  ;D ..... takes more ummm ya know to ride a quad also i think


yes and your bike also out weights them by 150lbs

KFXhead

A few years ago my good friend was clearing the 60' double at the Manatee Conty track on a stock Banshee, I dont remember the name of the track, but it was out off of Hwy 62 or 64. It really amounts to how many screws are lose in your head, anyone can go big, it is the landing that isnt as nice.

dreth

ive been over 90ft and i say its faith that got me through ;D

quads_only

I was just adding a little sarcasm
[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com