Sprint Cell Phone Service, How is it?

Started by T2, November 19, 2007, 01:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2

I was looking to sign up with Sprint Cell phone service and I was just wondering how people like them. Now I'm not talking about Nextel, I'm just talking about Sprint them selves. And What better people to ask, than people who go to remote areas to ride than fellow ATV Riders. So if you can help me out with making my decision I would appreciate it. T2 Tony
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

mine has been good to me for a while. the only complaint i have is the crappy phone i bought.
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

I've had sprint for 9 yrs and I love it. I get service everywhere I go. It works all over Ocala and in every remote area that I've been to. I do drop my call when crossing the Howard Franklin bridge (from Tampa to St.Pete) but thats the only place that I ever drop a call.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Young Gun

A friend of ours has Sprint and she says she hates it.  She doesn't get good reception and they say its because there isn't a tower in our general area so who knows. 
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

blupits04

we have the new hybrid (Nextel and Sprint) the service through Sprint is awesome. We have service in places most people don't. We live in Groveland and my husband works in Lakeland, we talk all the way down 33 and he only cuts out 1 or 2 times. When we just had nextel service we couldn't talk past the drag strip.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

kawasakimojaverider

if you live in the city there fine but if you live in the country they really suck if i go to ocala right when i turn off of 19 i loose all of my bars and it says searching for signal the hole time im out there my dad get signal with his nextel but i have to use my cb to talk to any body

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: kawasakimojaverider on November 19, 2007, 02:05:45 PM
if you live in the city there fine but if you live in the country they really suck if i go to ocala right when i turn off of 19 i loose all of my bars and it says searching for signal the hole time im out there my dad get signal with his nextel but i have to use my cb to talk to any body

Then maybe it's your phone because both of my sprint phones worked from Rodman damn all the way down to 42 and that was out on the trails.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Ida_Mann

Tony, it really depends on the phone itself, I'd have a chat with BigD and ask which one has the best reception,,,,not the most toys.

I remember I loved the toys I had on my i90c, but the reception was crappy and I always thought it was the service, but I switched phones and VIOLA I had full bars and good clear conversations everywhere.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dynodon

As already said, The signal can be good if you have the right phone, BUT, wait until you have to contact customer service for a problem.............. I dropped Sprint due to the C_ _ _ TS I had to talk to there, They suck
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

T2

Thanks for the replys, well I'm going to try out Sprint for 30 days and see if I like it. I let you guys known how it works out.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: dynodon on November 19, 2007, 06:46:34 PM
As already said, The signal can be good if you have the right phone, BUT, wait until you have to contact customer service for a problem.............. I dropped Sprint due to the C_ _ _ TS I had to talk to there, They suck

Rednecks from Inverness are hard to please. Thats a well known fact....... :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

shogun323

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 19, 2007, 01:51:08 PM
I do drop my call when crossing the Howard Franklin bridge (from Tampa to St.Pete) but thats the only place that I ever drop a call.
My AT&T service drops calls there as well. Always has. I think they all do.



I have come to the conclusion that all carriers suck. They all have areas where there service works better than others.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

dynodon

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 20, 2007, 07:56:04 AM
Quote from: dynodon on November 19, 2007, 06:46:34 PM
As already said, The signal can be good if you have the right phone, BUT, wait until you have to contact customer service for a problem.............. I dropped Sprint due to the C_ _ _ TS I had to talk to there, They suck

Rednecks from Inverness are hard to please. Thats a well known fact....... :D
You MUST be in cahoots with all the " blue hairs" around here, LOL
Actually, when we had Sprint, we lived in St. cloud ( yes, still redneck ville USA) but I will always speak my mind when asked, sometimes even when not asked ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

kawasakimojaverider

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 19, 2007, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: kawasakimojaverider on November 19, 2007, 02:05:45 PM
if you live in the city there fine but if you live in the country they really suck if i go to ocala right when i turn off of 19 i loose all of my bars and it says searching for signal the hole time im out there my dad get signal with his nextel but i have to use my cb to talk to any body

Then maybe it's your phone because both of my sprint phones worked from Rodman damn all the way down to 42 and that was out on the trails.
i never thought about that im gonna try to get a different one and see what happens

Ida_Mann

yup, most of my cell phones have been Nextel and they have always worked out in the forest,,,,,there seems to be a dead spot right in the town of Salt Springs, but that's it.

I used to make calls while taking a break on the quad out in the woods along the Id@ trails,,,,bordered by highway 40, highway 19, FR 88 and 314.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com