06 Honda Rincon SNORKEL

Started by HVYHLR53, November 08, 2007, 12:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVYHLR53

Has anyone installed a snorkel on an 06 Rincon yet? I was going to purchase one from Bayou, but they said they wont work on the EFI bikes because Honda moved some stuff around. I tried everyone who makes snorkels and nobody makes them for the 06 or newer yet.

So tonight I disassembled my air box and plastics.... WTF, theres more tubes, hoses and stupid little plastics bottles then the local hobby store.

Anyone done one yet? Where did you run the tube? Did you run 2?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

MuddFreak77

I had and 05 Rincon that I snorkeled

Need 1.5 or 2" Spa tubing (2 inch is a very tight fit under the plastics)
short peice of 2" PVC for in the air box
a short coupler to go from the short 2" PVC pipe to the Spa tubing
90* coupler
Union
P-trap


Run it up the right hand side as your sitting on it
drill a hole where you want it to come up put a 90* coupler and connect to a union (this way you can remove it)  place the union above the rack

I made a plate to cover the area where I was coming through the rack the flat side of the union sat on the plate and I hard piped it up with the 180* peice of a P-trap on top

All of the other hoses diffs, brakes, tranny just extend up into the handlebar pod
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Da_Mtg_Man

The only difference is that I prefer a 90 elbow for the top verses a P trap.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

HVYHLR53

Thanks for the info, but the 06 is set up differently from the 05. Honda changed things around slightly to make room for all the extra BS that came with the EFI. I was going to try a Bayou snorkel kit, but they said that they haven't had an o6 that they can play with yet. If I was a bit closer I would let them use mine.... anybody near Bossier City, LA?

So I had an idea. (smell the smoke?) I was thinking about running the snorkel where the stock snorkel is and come through the little piece of plastic between the seat and the tank, angle it forward a little and then straight up right before the gas cap. I measured and I can come up 8" from the top of the tank and be even with the top of the display unit.

What do you think?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

Kawa3

a lot of popo owners and griz owners do it like that. I did a friends popo 325 like it b/c it was the only way to run it

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

94Hardbody4x4

Try http://www.HondaForeman.com. There are a few threads of snorkel builds on there.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

neysnumber

check out triangle atv.   i dont know if their model snorkel will work but i m sure someone could till you

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com