FTR Quad Scramble #4 Venice!! Nov 17th

Started by mudnuri, November 07, 2007, 05:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: backinsaddle on November 12, 2007, 10:56:37 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on November 12, 2007, 08:37:23 AM
Hopefully I can do well enough this time for my points to count.

I have mentioned this once before but, Saturday Nov 17th is my wifes birthday. She will be home alone all day because of the race. I will have my video camera in hand all day. I will be asking everyone I see to wish her a happy birthday, so be ready to be on film without your helmet on. Thanks, see everyone there.

you're alright, I dragged my wife to the motoplex this weekend for her birthday, she had a great birthday dinner at Denny's ???

My wife doesn't want anything to do with the woods. There are bugs, dirt and port-a-potties.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

backinsaddle

Quote from: Southern Outlaw on November 12, 2007, 11:28:04 AM
Good seeing you guys over there....glad to see you made back ok....hey does Dennys still over a free dinner on your B'day?...LOL

See ya next weekend

good meeting you...i saw your other post....you're right, atv racers are a great community....

as for the free Dinner....i think that might have been pushing it...i would be sleeping outside if I tried to get my wife a free birthday dinner...see you in venice

backinsaddle

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on November 12, 2007, 11:35:26 AM

My wife doesn't want anything to do with the woods. There are bugs, dirt and port-a-potties.

I got lucky and got a good one, she gets as dirty as the rest of us...of course the bug thing is pushing it with her, and the first time she sees a snake I'm sure it will be exciting...

I'm trying to get her to race too...she says she wants to, but shes afraid of being in front of a crowd on the starting line

TRX470r

I am planning on bringing my 2 sons (8yrs and 11yrs) with me this time around. also trying to get them a starter bike. The wife, well she is not too happy about sleeping in a tent in the middle of the woods (still working on it). She promised she would head out to Croom with me and a group when we go on Dec 1st. I have to find someone to come with me (that will not race) to watch my boys while i race. Frank do you mind if we meet up with your group again this time around? Will try to get there earlier this time as to not wake you guys up. Work is a little demanding mon - fri it's hard to get away early.


Looking forward to this one. 2nd race here i come!!!!
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: TRX470r on November 12, 2007, 01:28:18 PM
I am planning on bringing my 2 sons (8yrs and 11yrs) with me this time around. also trying to get them a starter bike. The wife, well she is not too happy about sleeping in a tent in the middle of the woods (still working on it). She promised she would head out to Croom with me and a group when we go on Dec 1st. I have to find someone to come with me (that will not race) to watch my boys while i race. Frank do you mind if we meet up with your group again this time around? Will try to get there earlier this time as to not wake you guys up. Work is a little demanding mon - fri it's hard to get away early.


Looking forward to this one. 2nd race here i come!!!!

You guys didn't wake us up last time. Call me up on friday night and we will meet up. I shpuld be leaving between 5pm-7pm.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX470r

DAMN!!! go figure, just got word that I have to do a setup for NASCAR at the Hard Rock Hotel on friday at 6pm!!!! hope everything goes smooth so i could get on the road. I think we are looking at about a 2 hour drive to Venus.
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

mudnuri

As you all know, we have a full plate of races this season. A few of the clubs are mostly, if not all, 2 wheel clubs. One of which is reaching out for help. CAN ANYONE STEP UP AND HELP? This would be a great step forward with this club. They have asked for help in the past from us with no response. My hat is off to them for even considering hosting an event for quads. They are in Ocala.
Here is a copy of what was posted on another site...


We've got a pretty good track laid out for our upcoming Quad Scramble here at Hard Rock MX. We've been able to tie together almost everything on the property to give a very diverse course with some challenging terrain -- certainly not anything like what we're used to, but it is an awesome course to ride!

The Big Scrub Trail Riders do not have any members who are Quad Racers. Several of our members have quads but we use them for the utility of setting up our events. Because of this, we do lack a little bit of perspective as far as what would be best in laying out some of the course. Would any of the Quad regulars be interested in providing some help/input/advice?
If you are interested in working this event for credit or just want to give us a hand, BSTR would certainly appreciate it! Our next work day will be Nov. 17. PLEASE contact either me (352)472-6421 scooprsteen@yahoo.com or Allen Pearce allen.pearce@cox.net for details before just showing up.

Our club sincerely appreciates the FTR's consideration in allowing this event to take place. We want this to work out for everyone! You know what I always say... LETS GO RACING!!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ryan561

man i wanna go to this race sooooo bad but i broke my foot 2 months ago and an almost fully recovered definatly gunna try to make it to the next race!
2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything

TRX450R_Racer

Everyone ready to go racin!! (On my wifes Birthday)
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Southern Outlaw

head'em up and move'm out about 2 tomorrow.....hopefully it'll be better then getting there at 2 am on Friday night
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

backinsaddle

Unfortunately we won't be at this race...2 bikes are in the shop...good luck all, wish I was going

lil fat rider

im going but i cant stay for the race cause its my gf's b-day but im just going to buy my brakes 8)
 98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Anoriginal

Quote from: lil fat rider on November 16, 2007, 06:03:00 AM
im going but i cant stay for the race cause its my gf's b-day but im just going to buy my brakes 8)

Dude, you're hosed. I hear you have to pass an IQ test to get in the gate.  :D

Southern Outlaw

#39
Come on guy's...where is the comment here...staying home from racing cause of a B'day....hell I was racing and winning the A-Main when my Son was born.....(back in the day )....they did however (track officials) hold up the last race so I could get everthing loaded up and get out of there....Thanks North Valdosta Speedway...was able to make it there 5 minutes before he was born...

anyway I just raging on you guy's....guess I'm the lucky one here cause my family and best friends (wife & son) both race.... :drive.gif :T

oh if you happen to see my wife (CATFISH) #921 on the red ute with blue plates....tell her to make sure she stays out of the water with her new helmet..LOL

yeah after going swimming in the creek bottom last race we've been callin'er CATFISH!!
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

quadtographer

We ARE Racing this weekend,

Gates Open at 3:00 p.m.

See ya all there

predatorracer8

im ready to go ill be there 7:30 saturday morning

dirtdigger

Was at the race in Venice, didn't race but watched as unable to race do to a back injury. Thought the race was perfect and the weather as well.

Have read the post here and on the FTR site regarding the race. Must say that all are totally positive. Would have to say that all thought it was a great race.

Have one complaint however. Everyone has been thanking everone from FTR and Sarasota Quad Riders but not one has thanked just-add-dirt. It is my understanding that the property is owned by the owner of just-add-dirt and that they to did alot of work in making this race a great race. I was informed that it was them that brought in the vendors and band and that they to assisted in the making of the race course. Not one thank you has been directed towards them. What gives here.
I would post this on the FTR site as well but I amnot a FTR member so I guess I will have to do it here and on just-add-dirt.

Hey guys at just-add-dirt. Thank you, and great job.

Southern Outlaw

1st I have heard about that....I'm sure like myself everyone thought JUST ADD DIRT was a vendor there...so let me be the second to say ........

THANKS JUST ADD DIRT was the best Quad scramble of the year so far....you guys really went overboard on the last stretch from the lake to the scoring....don't think it could have been laid out "ANY BETTER"....


again thanks alot "JUST ADD DIRT"
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

mudnuri

1st I heard of it too. How would anyone know? We ALWAYS thank the club that hosted the race. The club pays for the land and I thought that might be enough thanks. I do appreciate all the extra stuff that was there. It is unusual, but made it seem "pro" like.
I still say thanks to SQR for all they did to make it happen. I also thank ANYONE or ANYBODY who helped make it happen.
Many don't know it almost didn't happen. I guess we should thank the people who decide to issue the permits, too.  :)
I thought it was funny that there was a noise complaint and the loudest thing of the day was the sherriff's helicopter that was dispatched. LOL!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com