riding the alapaha in south GA!

Started by sykolincoln, November 03, 2007, 09:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykolincoln

this is a spot we frequent often, theres about 5,000 acres+ here to ride, the owner is cool as he owns a sand plant right by the river, as long as you dont get into his mining operation hes cool with riding out there, there is also hunting out there so we never go really early or stay real late, super fun in the summer as the kids can go swimming in the river and theres also a deep spot with a rope swing, me and a few freind hit it up this past friday, and will go again sunday, here are a few pics








and a short video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aw0v_RfamE
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

psd

where is this at isn georgia, I am in jacksonville and want to come,place looks great
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

sykolincoln

map quest willacoochee ga its on hwy 82 and this riding spot is about 3 miles south of that town on hwy135
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Last I heard the alpha was shut down. We rode there of hwyI75 few years back and had a blast riding the river bed then 2 weeks later was shut down dur to the normal rif raf. Is this a diffrent spot?
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

sykolincoln

yea this is differnt this is hwy 135, the land around the river is owned by one guy, and he dosnt mind riding, I will be giving him a call about how much land he ownes but from what I've gatherd so far its in upwards of 5,000+ acres, with hunting season going I dont go early and dont stay late I do in the middle of the day riding now
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

psd

Is this the spot off US 1 north of waycross?We rode that place recently and it is also a sand mine,we had a blast.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

sykolincoln

Quote from: psd on November 05, 2007, 09:31:41 AM
Is this the spot off US 1 north of waycross?We rode that place recently and it is also a sand mine,we had a blast.

no thats the alma sand pits, did you pay?, its not legal to ride there without paying theres a thread here somewhere that I posted on that place with contact numbers, I agree though its a blast to ride there!
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

yunt2ride

I remember riding the alapaha riverbed in Jasper. The best times on an atv. Not allowed to anymore. Would like to ride their again. Maybe after hunting season is open we could get with you and ride up there. Maybe see if the owner would allow us to have a group ride. That would be awsome. I would be willing to sign a waiver for him.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

psd

we did pay the guy,$10.00 bucks per head
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 05, 2007, 11:38:47 AM
I remember riding the alapaha riverbed in Jasper. The best times on an atv. Not allowed to anymore. Would like to ride their again. Maybe after hunting season is open we could get with you and ride up there. Maybe see if the owner would allow us to have a group ride. That would be awsome. I would be willing to sign a waiver for him.

Damn good times. That was some of the best riding I've ever done.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

yunt2ride

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 05, 2007, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 05, 2007, 11:38:47 AM
I remember riding the alapaha riverbed in Jasper. The best times on an atv. Not allowed to anymore. Would like to ride their again. Maybe after hunting season is open we could get with you and ride up there. Maybe see if the owner would allow us to have a group ride. That would be awsome. I would be willing to sign a waiver for him.

Damn good times. That was some of the best riding I've ever done.

Yep, and I would be up for another trip, even if I had to go to Ga. to do it. Do I hear group ride.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

sykolincoln

Quote from: psd on November 05, 2007, 12:16:58 PM
we did pay the guy,$10.00 bucks per head

awesome was it scott swain or that crazy ass old man Horris?
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

sykolincoln

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 05, 2007, 11:38:47 AM
I remember riding the alapaha riverbed in Jasper. The best times on an atv. Not allowed to anymore. Would like to ride their again. Maybe after hunting season is open we could get with you and ride up there. Maybe see if the owner would allow us to have a group ride. That would be awsome. I would be willing to sign a waiver for him.

well..... in 2 weeks the 17th and 18th of nov, Im inviting a bunch of my freinds from florida and there staying at the house for the weekend and we plan on riding there that sat and possibly that sunday, if any one wants to meet up for a convoy over there I live only 5 miles from the interstate, and then the rd to alma sand pits is almost a straight shot from my house (about a hr) pm me if anyone is interested also I have room on my land for campers and tents, as long as your responsable and no trees are harmed (plantation) and nothing is torn up, im ok with extra people kids are welcomed to!
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

psd

Quote from: sykolincoln on November 05, 2007, 06:01:02 PM
Quote from: psd on November 05, 2007, 12:16:58 PM
we did pay the guy,$10.00 bucks per head

awesome was it scott swain or that crazy ass old man Horris?
We'll your post said keep away from the Old man so we contacted Scott real nice person.Those pictures you posted look similiar to that bridge we rode under in Alma, the river even looks similiar. 
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

stacktester

PSD always finds the cool places to ride, then calls me about the time they get shut down lol. Chuck we gotta go there. Is it a lot of trails?
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

sykolincoln

hey I found the alma sand pits! >:( but yea its a blast to ride there! lots to do!
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

yunt2ride

Quote from: sykolincoln on November 05, 2007, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 05, 2007, 11:38:47 AM
I remember riding the alapaha riverbed in Jasper. The best times on an atv. Not allowed to anymore. Would like to ride their again. Maybe after hunting season is open we could get with you and ride up there. Maybe see if the owner would allow us to have a group ride. That would be awsome. I would be willing to sign a waiver for him.

well..... in 2 weeks the 17th and 18th of nov, Im inviting a bunch of my freinds from florida and there staying at the house for the weekend and we plan on riding there that sat and possibly that sunday, if any one wants to meet up for a convoy over there I live only 5 miles from the interstate, and then the rd to alma sand pits is almost a straight shot from my house (about a hr) pm me if anyone is interested also I have room on my land for campers and tents, as long as your responsable and no trees are harmed (plantation) and nothing is torn up, im ok with extra people kids are welcomed to!


Nice, I don't think that we can make it that weekend. Keep us informed on the next one. I could get a good group together. Maybe after all the holidays are over would be best. Might could make one before but may be to tight of a schedule.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com