How much Trailer can my truck handle?

Started by FLSnake, March 16, 2005, 05:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueballs

simple  F-250 DIESEL   and any trailer
2003 camo grizzle                                              2005 black grizzle ,                            &nbs

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

FLSnake

#27
Ok, I picked up a Pace American CargoSport 8 x 20 with Ramp Door.
I'm looking for some thoughts on how best to load my stuff on it, I tried it with my Z400 in the front (375lbs), the Polaris (460lbs) next over the axles, then the Prarrie (580lbs) on the back. It seemed to kinda fish tail alot.
Next I swapped the Prarrie and the Polaris with the Polaris now on the tail, it did much better, still kinda moved around some but not nearly as bad.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Oh yeah this trailer has a couple cabinets mounted in the nose, the kind ya get from Home Depot and put together yourself.

Thanks

Mike
2003 LTZ-400
2003 Prairie 360
2002 TrailBlazer 250
2005 Ford F-250 Crew 4X4 Turbo Diesel
1999 Ford Explorer Sport 4X4
1990 Mustang 5.0 Modified
1-Wife, 3-Kids, 1-Dogs, 2-Cats

PaulyV500

I have a ram 2500 HEMI 4x4 H.d. with a 8x12 single axle trailer and I always get the best ride when I put the heaviest quad in the front and the lightest in the back.  Even when I had my 8.5x16 dual axle.  I traded my 1500 4.7 2 wheel drive in about 1.5 years ago and the new truck is a beast. I pull in tow/haul mode and it really gets it done. Don't worry about the others that say dodge sucks they are obviously hung over or sick.  We'll just pray for there speedy recovery. PAULY!!!
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

FLSnake

You run in Tow/Haul all the time you are trailering?

I really like my Dodge, I was a GM and Ford man all my life, we got a Durango in 99 and had pretty good luck with it so I thought I'd give the truck a try and I am not at all disappointed.

I have been thinking of moving up to a 2500 or maybe even a 3500 dually.
2003 LTZ-400
2003 Prairie 360
2002 TrailBlazer 250
2005 Ford F-250 Crew 4X4 Turbo Diesel
1999 Ford Explorer Sport 4X4
1990 Mustang 5.0 Modified
1-Wife, 3-Kids, 1-Dogs, 2-Cats

PaulyV500

I use my tow haul mode almost all the time when I am towing my atv's.  I don't use it when I am hauling in the bed with no trailer.  It increases the rpm a little bit but almost all of the down shifting goes away.  Try it on a long ride and your milege will improve a little bit.
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV