Lookin for riding pal...

Started by HASBEEN, November 02, 2007, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HASBEEN

Looking for another old retired fart to pal up with for some Central Florida riding. Have less than 10 hrs on new Griz (March '07) and I'm starting to get a little anxious about riding some. Got a big trip planned in January to spend some time in Glamis (CA) on the sand dunes but sure would like to knock off the cob webs between now and then.

Mike Austin
Titusville
ma0144@earthlink.net

Young Gun

I'm sure you will find another old fart, theres plenty on here ;)
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

buzzardman

I'm sure you will find another old fart, theres plenty on here


Darn little punk whipper snappers. eeerrrrrr,, ouch! my hip! :D

VForcedave

One thing about being a "old FArt" is the price of your toys. We do not have to ask mommy or daddy for some cash. No financing, just say "I'll take it".

Check out the group ride section and enjoy. 
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

buzzardman

is that one of those "you might be younger and faster but I'm older and have better insurance"  type of comments.     

Fried green tomatoes was such a good show.  ;)

quads_only

nothing like losing cobwebs off a freestyle ramp.  might help the old arthritis.    lolol. ;D 
[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

Quote from: buzzardman on November 02, 2007, 01:22:13 PM
is that one of those "you might be younger and faster but I'm older and have better insurance"  type of comments.     

Fried green tomatoes was such a good show.  ;)

ok,  you just admitted to watching fried green tomatoes and liking it.  i'm starting to wonder about you.  either that or you're just that secure in your manhood.

hasbeen- there are a few retired ppl on here but even if not retired that can ride whenever.  come on out to some of the group rides.  we're all a pretty welcoming group and you'll find quite a wide range of ages and experience levels of riders.

HASBEEN

Quote from: VForcedave on November 02, 2007, 01:17:02 PM
One thing about being a "old FArt" is the price of your toys. We do not have to ask mommy or daddy for some cash. No financing, just say "I'll take it".

Check out the group ride section and enjoy. 

...and that's just part of the sweet things of retirement.

HASBEEN

Quote from: buzzardman on November 02, 2007, 01:22:13 PM
is that one of those "you might be younger and faster but I'm older and have better insurance"  type of comments.     

Fried green tomatoes was such a good show.  ;)

Yeah, that pretty much says it but when the cob webs blow off I might just narrow the gap a bit.... or die with a smile on my face tryin.

buzzardman

Hey,  QT, I'm very secure in my sexuality.  I really like to watch all types of movies and have even watched Broke back Mountain.  Not my type of Genere but aside from the sex scenes it was a very well done movie.   I can assure you, I'm very much straight.  ;)  Be happy to prove it to you if you would like. >:D >:D >:D 

qt314nfla

Quote from: buzzardman on November 02, 2007, 10:06:57 PM
Hey,  QT, I'm very secure in my sexuality.  I really like to watch all types of movies and have even watched Broke back Mountain.  Not my type of Genere but aside from the sex scenes it was a very well done movie.   I can assure you, I'm very much straight.  ;)  Be happy to prove it to you if you would like. >:D >:D >:D 

i say everything in jest.  not to question your manhood.  sorry if i offended you.  i actually find it refreshing that there are a few of you out there than are open minded.  your wives are lucky.  i'll pass on being shown your manhood though.  ???

quadracer1992

Quote from: buzzardman on November 02, 2007, 10:06:57 PM
Hey,  QT, I'm very secure in my sexuality.  I really like to watch all types of movies and have even watched Broke back Mountain.  Not my type of Genere but aside from the sex scenes it was a very well done movie.   I can assure you, I'm very much straight.  ;)  Be happy to prove it to you if you would like. >:D >:D >:D 
Theres only two things that come from Texas, steers and queers, and you dont look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down doesnt it?
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

quadracer1992

That was a quote from the movie Full Metal Jacket I just wanted to use it. ;D
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Young Gun

The things my parents provide is a roof over my head, food, and clothes.  Everything else is up to me.  I have to pay for any toys I want, cell phone, game systems, etc...




Doesn't matter, your all still old :)
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

buzzardman

That was a good movie to.  "This is my weapon, this is my gun, this one's for fighting, this one's for fun". :o


I wasn't offended at QT.  Along with my rock solid confidence in my sexuality as a straight man,  I just happen to have a great sense of humor as well.  LOL    ;)
I didn't figure you'd take me up on my oh so elequently put proposal for an interlude. LOL   :foot.gif

NYRAPTOR

i was born around 1912. can i go to glamis?  ;)

Young Gun

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on November 03, 2007, 01:41:41 AM
i was born around 1912. can i go to glamis?  ;)

Sure, would you like us to spinkle your ashes in the dunes or in the sea?
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

qt314nfla

Quote from: REBEL on November 03, 2007, 01:48:41 AM
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on November 03, 2007, 01:41:41 AM
i was born around 1912. can i go to glamis?  ;)

Sure, would you like us to spinkle your ashes in the dunes or in the sea?

lmao.  the kid got ya

NYRAPTOR

i hear 95 is the new 70. i have a rack on my quad for my electric scooter with reflector tape on it. ok i was born around 1972 can i still go?

Young Gun

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on November 03, 2007, 02:06:13 AM
i hear 95 is the new 70. i have a rack on my quad for my electric scooter with reflector tape on it. ok i was born around 1972 can i still go?

As long as you don't make whoever it is your tagging along with stop for pee breaks every 45mins.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...