Don't tell your kids to be Dr's!

Started by qt314nfla, October 31, 2007, 08:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

#25
Quote from: QT314 on November 01, 2007, 03:08:13 AM
As a dr that is contracted through the ins companies I can't legally balance bill the patients which is what you are talking about.  Most ppl won't go to a dr that is out of network for that reason.  I am on a couple networks to get my business going.  Once I have enough patients to loose half of them I will drop all insurance.  Because by dropping insurance I will lose half my business.  Basically I have to work 3x as hard to make the money I should make from full payment.  In addition, I give services that the insurance companies won't pay for for free.  I write those services off and never bill for them.  Why?  Because I have to do the best by my patient in my hypocratic oath.  And if my patients don't get well and I know they'd have gotten better w/ all the treatments needed then they will refer.  If I limit them to their insurance coverage I can't possibly get them well.  Then they will bad talk my business.  I take more than a 2/3's loss when you consider what I can't bill for to get my patients well. 

I have several patients in collections w/ a 10% compounding interest every month and yet they still don't pay.
My daughter fell out of the stroller & nearly bit her tongue off when she was 2yrs old. I was sent to an oral surgeon by Humana HMO. He agreed to see her thru Humana. Well Humana didnt pay what he expected to get & he tried to balance bill me when I took her in for her 1 week follow up. They refused to see my daughter unless I paid them $800 & she has never been seen or released by that Dr. on that issue. She is fine now & dont remember being put in the pappoose & her tongue pulled out of her mouth & 46stitches inside & out of it. I sure as heel will never forget how i felt about it. I cried like a little b**ch hearing my little princess scream from the bottom of her soul. She still has fear of Dr's, but cant tell you why... I hate that Dr. & I hope we never cross paths.
She is ok now & talks normally now she is 5yrs old & the teachers pet in Kindergarten.

I keep telling my son to be a LAWYER!!! 
My little girl wants to be a teacher "like mommy".
works for me.
On the side note, all insurance companies suck big ones!!!

qt314nfla

There are crooks in my business also that don't know that if you're in network that you can't balance bill a patient.  Or their insurance department doesn't fully explain a patients out of network benefits.  However, it is not our offices job to explain a patients benefits.  Ins is a contract between a patient and that company so it is the patients responsibility to understand their insurance.  However, most dr's offices will take the time to sit down and go the extra distance and explain how it works w/in their field.  There are truely some ppl that don't know that if you are in network that you can't balance bill.  If you were seeing a dr that was out of network and they agree to accept Humana they can still legally balance bill you.

That's where I am different is that if your daughter had come into my office I still would have treated her despite not getting paid because out of the goodness of my heart I knew she needed the care.  So the good dr's get screwed and the crooks get paid. 

Anoriginal


qt314nfla

forgot to add i'm glad that your daughter is ok despite her dr.

qt314nfla

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 01, 2007, 05:53:46 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on November 01, 2007, 05:13:22 PM


I keep telling my son to be a LAWYER!!! 

I love it!   :ThumbsUp.gif

oh sure raise your son to be honest and good then send him off to school to learn to lie, trick, and steal.  j/k sorry matt i had to go there.  it was just way to easy.

greenmachine

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 01, 2007, 05:53:46 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on November 01, 2007, 05:13:22 PM


I keep telling my son to be a LAWYER!!! 

I love it!   :ThumbsUp.gif
He loves a good debate at 9yrs old. He is also able to manipulate his friends & sisters words into what he wants them to be so I truly beleive he has what it takes to be one hell of a Lawyer. Oh yeah, he is never wrong either. ;)

Anoriginal

You know what they say, "Lawyers are not opinionated....they're just never wrong." ;D

Busta Nutt

You know QT why don't you have one day a week, say Wednesday where you have a special. For cash customers only you could have a bone adjustment and a handy say for 50 bucks. Call it a crack/jack special.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Busta Nutt on November 01, 2007, 10:06:19 PM
You know QT why don't you have one day a week, say Wednesday where you have a special. For cash customers only you could have a bone adjustment and a handy say for 50 bucks. Call it a crack/jack special.

$50? Hell I pay, errr, ummm, I mean I've heard that it's $80 in my area
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

Quote from: Busta Nutt on November 01, 2007, 10:06:19 PM
You know QT why don't you have one day a week, say Wednesday where you have a special. For cash customers only you could have a bone adjustment and a handy say for 50 bucks. Call it a crack/jack special.

Ouch......... ???
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

NYRAPTOR


qt314nfla

Quote from: Busta Nutt on November 01, 2007, 10:06:19 PM
You know QT why don't you have one day a week, say Wednesday where you have a special. For cash customers only you could have a bone adjustment and a handy say for 50 bucks. Call it a crack/jack special.

lmfao!  that's funny right thar!

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on November 01, 2007, 11:49:02 PM
ten dorra each

nice. lol!