Where to ride a camp~!~

Started by cadberry, October 29, 2007, 06:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadberry

I am looking for a place to go camping and riding in a couple weeks. I live in Miami and i am looking for somewhere down south. I dont want to go to Big Cypress cause that cost way to much and holylands isnt that great for camping w/ no facilities and all. Does anyone have any ideas?

qt314nfla

good luck only legal places are croom in brooksville and ocala.  there's no riding south of I-4 for the most part.  hope you know someone that owns land.  wish i had better news for you.  florida is the land of the most ohv's sold w/ the least number of riding areas.

cadberry

oh yea and l-cross isnt on the weekend that i am going out. so thats the other problem. I am willing to travel up to okochbee if anyone knows of any places out that way. And i have nothing but 4x4s going.   

papahouse

Try Three Lakes WMA just north of Yee Haw Junction on 441.

cadberry

what kinda riding is there? and is there camping? and is there a website?

papahouse

Named and number roads and trails, Large area and camping is allowed. We put on over 50 miles in one day and did not cover the same trail twice. Some roads are underwater and fun.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2007-08/Northeast/ThreeLakes.pdf

AmericanRobster

Quote from: papahouse on October 30, 2007, 06:48:42 PM
Named and number roads and trails, Large area and camping is allowed. We put on over 50 miles in one day and did not cover the same trail twice. Some roads are underwater and fun.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2007-08/Northeast/ThreeLakes.pdf

Any Pics? how fast can you go out there?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Ynot0323

you also have underhills up near Okeechobee.. I went with my uncle, and personally i didnt care for it.. it is a cow pasture, and it smells like SH** !!! Sure as heck wasnt worth the $20 per person fee.. Especially with no facilities...

Some people ride there frequently, but it isnt a spot id drive 2 hours to ride at EVER AGAIN..

Just my thought... ;D

Tony

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com