Wedding Photographer

Started by trx#9, October 29, 2007, 03:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trx#9

I'm getting married this weekend and were meeting the the photographer this evening. My question to you all is it normal for a photographer to ask for is moneys up front. If so then I'm in the wrong business. I wouldn't mine paying half down and the final on delivery of pictures. I've heard a lot of horror story's about wedding photographers. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Erik,
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

don't know anything about the subject but it sounds fishy to me E.
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Joedirt

I would not pay All Money up front , normally a deposit yes ...but ALL up front....NO WAY..Beware
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

shogun323

I agree with everyone else here. Half down and balance due when services are rendered. I would never pay the full amount up front. Congrats on the wedding by the way.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

trx#9

Quote from: shogun323 on October 29, 2007, 03:51:11 PM
I agree with everyone else here. Half down and balance due when services are rendered. I would never pay the full amount up front. Congrats on the wedding by the way.
Thanks, Its going to be right in your back yard. (clearwater)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

Quote from: trx#9 on October 29, 2007, 04:02:07 PM
]Thanks, Its going to be right in your back yard. (clearwater)

sweet that is close to me. i think i might come and crash your wedding Susan!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

shogun323

Quote from: trx#9 on October 29, 2007, 04:02:07 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on October 29, 2007, 03:51:11 PM
I agree with everyone else here. Half down and balance due when services are rendered. I would never pay the full amount up front. Congrats on the wedding by the way.
Thanks, Its going to be right in your back yard. (clearwater)

Cool. Where will it be? and do you need me to come by and rough-up your photographer?  ;D
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Ida_Mann

if I were the photographer, I would think it to be fair to ask for half up front and the rest on delivery.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

qt314nfla

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on October 29, 2007, 04:16:08 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on October 29, 2007, 04:02:07 PM
]Thanks, Its going to be right in your back yard. (clearwater)

sweet that is close to me. i think i might come and crash your wedding Susan!

do you need a partner in crime to be the atvflorida wedding crashers?  after last weekend i think we could have a blast w/ messing w/ him!  j/k.  congrats!  and yes full payment up front seems fishy to me as well.

Da_Mtg_Man

Erik,
Who is it? I've lived here most of my life and know quite a few photographers.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 29, 2007, 05:09:51 PM
Erik,
Who is it? I've lived here most of my life and know quite a few photographers.

the photographers that do porn don't usually do weddings too ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

mudnuri

It is totally normal for a wedding photographer to ask for the money up front. I am NOT in the business any longer but was for 14 years.
Not saying you would, but too many burn photoraphers who do not get the money up front. Women never like the way they look and always blame someone other than themselves.
I was a commercial advertising photographer, but did some weddings. I always went over what it was I was going to shoot before the wedding day. This eliminated any questions. I would go down a list of shots I had to have. After that, I shot point-and-shoot type pictures of the reception. I always got the money up front. The poor guy is probably broke to begin with and needs the money to get the supplies and have everything developed. If you think it is cheap, WRONG.
I had to give all the money back one time !! It sucked! I rented all the equipment and took it for granted the setting on the camera was normal. It was not  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  
Cost me over $1,000  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

AmericanRobster

I have a friend that does wedding photography here in St. Pete. If you want me to give him a shout let me know.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

bignickwaite

if its open bar . ill come take some pics...lol ;D
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

svtbolt04

If you dont decide to go with the photographer, check out www.rossrodgersphoto.com/minigal  I can get you contact info if you want.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

trx#9

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 29, 2007, 05:09:51 PM
Erik,
Who is it? I've lived here most of my life and know quite a few photographers.
He's in Tampa Augie photographing.

So I guess payment is due at the venue. We left a 300 dollar deposit already, we really scaled back our origanal package from a cost of 1600 to 800. We can upgrade the package after the wedding too. I figure if i like the pictures enough I'll get the better package after. No reason in giving them to much.
And no wedding crashers!! :D
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Da_Mtg_Man

Nope, don't know him. I'm in St.Pete. Good luck with everything.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com