i need help with truck exhaust

Started by Fox17, October 26, 2007, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

on a 5.4l ford, does the magnaflow or flowmaster or something else sound the best? i have magnaflow on my Tundra. i love it. the best sounding truck ive ever heard. need to know soon. thanks.

bignickwaite

pearsonaly i think the flows sound better there a little louder than the magnas . get the super thunder seires 40s. that wha i have on my stang sounds great.
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Go out (late at night) and steal 2 stop sign poles. Be sure to replace them with something so commuters don't get into an accident.
Cut off the exhaust at the back of the header and run straight pipes right out the back.  ::)
Thats how they do it in Polk county........

seriously though, Straight pipes do sound killer.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Fox17

well as much as id ike the strait pipes, thats not an option. it on my dads F-250. if it were up to me, id do that. but he wants flows or magnas.

KD 428

Personally I think flows sound way better. They sounded so sick on my moms old bf's 5.4l f150
HONDA CRF450R

TRX450R_Racer

I think Flow Masters are too loud. I like Magna Flow. I have had both.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 26, 2007, 11:56:05 AM
I think Flow Masters are too loud. I like Magna Flow. I have had both.

did the magnaflow sound deep and good though. they do on my Tundra. we dont care if you can hear it from a mile away. just that you can hear it good and it sounds good.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Fox17 on October 26, 2007, 12:04:49 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 26, 2007, 11:56:05 AM
I think Flow Masters are too loud. I like Magna Flow. I have had both.

did the magnaflow sound deep and good though. they do on my Tundra. we dont care if you can hear it from a mile away. just that you can hear it good and it sounds good.

I have Magna flow on my truck right now. They have a deep sound. When you are cruising they are fairly quiet. When you get on it, you can really hear it.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

thats what i want. we dont want a system thats so dang loud we cant hear ourselves think goin down 95. my Tundra is really loud when you take off and while accelerating but gets quiet when you get goin. thats awesome. thanks for the input. we like them too cause theyre made of stainless steel instead of just regular steel.

them450rboyz

Id go with the flow masters.
they always seem to make fords sound pretty mean.
99 416ex
'Nuff said.

K-Town Quad Boy 08

For sure go with the flowmaster
and get the x-pipe it gives it more power and a  deeper sound to it ;)

AmericanRobster

FLOWMASTER!!!

I have flowmasters on my chevy and they sound mean as hell!

I plan on putting some on my Dodge soon ;)
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

kfx400rob

i would never buy a magnaflow, they sound too mellow, if i put a muffler on my truck it would be a flow 10 series or a 44 if you want it quieter.
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com