homestead HUMP

Started by 07foreman, October 22, 2007, 02:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

07foreman

can anyone enlighten me to exactly where the hump is in homestead and how bad cops are in the area.and if anyone still rides there

TNTaylor

The Hump can be accessed off Palm Drive, just turn south on the road at Homestead HS or it can be accessed off Card Sound Road, turn at the road next to the Coast Guard property.  LE has been very active back there riding around on quads and in patrol cars.  I've been stopped 3 times over the last 2 months but only checked for registration and ID.  Once they told me it was private property and to leave or they would arrest me.  The other 2 times they just checked my stuff and told me to have a nice day.  Its a decent place to ride but I suspect they will be shutting it down soon.  Lots of riders there on the weekends.  I witnessed 2 injuries last Saturday.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

07foreman

can sport quads ride there or is it too muddy cuz one of my buddies has a raptor and im basicly trying to find somewhere he can ride this weekend with us

TNTaylor

My son rides there on a Raptor with MudLites and he does just fine.  There are lots of sport quads there.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

Palmettobay_recon

Depends where you go at the hump. If you go into the praire and the actual hump then its too muddy.  But if you go out around the construction sites where you can park then there are big hills and stuffd for sports.  I've never been stopped there....I guess I'm lucky? Awesome place to ride though.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

cg54329

anybody ride there lately, is it still open

Palmettobay_recon

I went last weekend...still open as ever.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com