1st deer!!

Started by GrizzlyGator, October 21, 2007, 11:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyGator

 My 12 Yr old son shot his first deer (6 point) yesterday morning at 7:48 AM in Alma Ga. He was hunting with his grandfather...he shot it from a deer stand at 80 yds. with a browning .308




Ida_Mann

80 yard shot,,,nice one.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

IXIswamperIXI

that was a great shot for a 12 year old, congrats
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Fox17

Awesome! Tell him we say congrats.  :Clap.gif

GrizzlyGator

#4
Thanks for all the comments guys I'm definitely stoked for him!.......yeah 80 yds ain't a bad shot!! We practice all the time pistols, rifles & shot guns!! Mater of fact everytime we head up to Durhmantown we take all the hardware with us and shoot up their also, always finishes off a great day of riding when we head over to the range and fire off a bunch of aggression!!  ;) ;D

Prairie Master

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

dynodon

NICE !!!!!!!
I remember my first too........... I think. That was a lonngg time ago.


Anyway, CONGRATS again, Nice shot, and a nice first buck as well ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Da_Mtg_Man

Congrats, Nice Buck.
Was this his first kill or just his first Buck? If it was first kill then I hope that he drank the blood.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 21, 2007, 07:22:34 PM
Congrats, Nice Buck.
Was this his first kill or just his first Buck? If it was first kill then I hope that he drank the blood.

laughing...no drinking but he wore a lot of it!! ;D

dynodon

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 21, 2007, 07:22:34 PM
Congrats, Nice Buck.
Was this his first kill or just his first Buck? If it was first kill then I hope that he drank the blood.
Yeah, My dad said that to be a good hunter, I had to bite a piece of the heart off and eat it......... I did........... That must be why I can hunt ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Da_Mtg_Man

Thats the unwritten rule. You are supposed to take a drink of blood from your first kill. I remember mine. I was 11, It was in Moultrie GA and it was a 6 pt.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Fox17

i dont know if i could drink the blood from anything. thats a lil too weird for me. reminds me of gene simmons. the people i hunt with always tell me theyll make me when i kill one but i just hope they remember i have a gun.

psd

Congrats to the young man and his proud Dad and grandad.Fine job an d a nice first deer!
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

fastrnrik

Good job. And it looks like a neck shot no less!

Nothing quite like the feeling of getting your first deer.

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: fastrnrik on October 22, 2007, 07:37:31 AM
Good job. And it looks like a neck shot no less!

Nothing quite like the feeling of getting your first deer.

yeah, neck shot....dropped him right where it stood.

greenmachine

You guys have been watching Red Dawn too much. They drank the blood from the first deer.

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: greenmachine on October 22, 2007, 11:53:50 AM
You guys have been watching Red Dawn too much. They drank the blood from the first deer.


wolverines!!!

561rincon

congrats on the kill..... he must now bite the heart, drink blood, and smear blood all on his face (tribal)
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

greenmachine

Quote from: Can-AmGator on October 22, 2007, 12:25:20 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on October 22, 2007, 11:53:50 AM
You guys have been watching Red Dawn too much. They drank the blood from the first deer.


wolverines!!!
Now thats funny.....but the movie is an all time classic. i still watch it when its on.

Kelli415

thats' really amazing. :]
I want to go hunting, so i just started shooting.
I use a 45. two 22s' and a 38 special with my grandfather at a range in hollywood.

good job though!
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com