FTR Quad Scramble #3 Okeechobee

Started by mudnuri, October 01, 2007, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chillinthemost

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on October 14, 2007, 09:25:06 PM
Are we there yet ?

I am, but they wont let me in the gate.
  I hope to finish this one.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Matt !!!, I'm sure you will finish this one, I just hope I can finish in front of you lol
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Patricia Pearce

#27
 ;D
The weather is going to be cooler this weekend. I know, low 80's instead of 100. The nights have been in the 60's nice camping weather. We are very excited about this event. Look forward to meeting all of you.There are food vendors in the park serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Mark and Patti Pearce
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

TRX470r

Quote from: mudnuri on October 08, 2007, 10:10:29 PM
Okay,
For a first timer,
Join FTR $50
http://floridatrailriders.org/welcome.htm

Join ATVA (the ATV part of AMA) $39
http://www.atvaonline.com/

This event $50
Gate fee $10 per person
Transponder $20
                                             = $169

You keep the transponder and the memberships are good until middle of next year.
Go to the home page and read the rulebook and that will answer most all questions.

As for numbers, I bet if you sent in the membership form to FTR now, you could have a number assigned to you before the race. If you wait, just bring some paper plates I guess. You sure wouldn't be the first one to do so  :P hehehe
Your pipe can be tested at any stereo shop if you want a real accurate reading. The guys and gals doing the testing are not out to break anybodys hairy beanbags over this sound thing. If it is loud, you can bet there will be trouble for you and they will break out the meter. They know what is acceptable and what needs to be tested. Fresh packing and the spark arrestor should do the trick.
*tip*If they can stick the stick through the pipe, you fail the SA test. Try to keep them quiet.

Other really important things to remember;
bring a hydration pack like a Camel Bak
fluids are a must!!
Don't try and be a hero your first time out. The race is NOT won in the first turn. Just try to finish. THAT will be a challenge.  ;)
Move out of the way if a faster rider comes up on you. They are probably not even in your class.
Most importantly!!! If I pass you, block like crazy!!  :D :D :D :D :D


Can i sign up online friday before the race on both the FTR and AMA and be ready for Sat? or will it not be in the system yet? the bike is ready to go (with the exception of numbers) I can't wait looking forward to my 1st race.

are most poeple sticking around for the whole weekend? i see they (LCROSS) are having a couple of races on Sunday.
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

TRX450R_Racer

If your not signed up, you need to do it all on Saturday morning. That would be the easiest and most hassle free way. I will bne there all weekend. We will be arrin\ving friday evening abou 8pm or 9pm.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

backinsaddle

Hope we don't get rained out again with the storms this weekend

Southern Outlaw

YEAH...WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE RAIN OUTS
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

backinsaddle

Before anyone starts traveling for the race, they may want to check out for rain postponement:

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/ftr_forums/showthread.php?t=1635&page=3

Southern Outlaw

That is for the WW Quad Scramble up here in Jax...WE can not handle ANYMORE rain on the property "AT ALL"....all of the tech. and tight stuff was in low lying hardwood and cypress heads and that is at least 65% of the course....amazing what "9" inches will do for a course...RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway just washed the truck....trailer is loaded up...all gassed up ...dogs ready to go...just waiting for the wife and son to get here at around 4 and we'll be on our way down..

keep and EYE on up dates on the WW QS#3...if I was a betting man I would say It's 70% not going to happen....got heavy rain last night here at the beach but do not know if they got or how much last night out there...We'll be out at the property Sunday when we get back from Okeechobee...I'll keep everyone posted and ask the one in charge to make a decision early so everyone can make plans for next weekend....Wayne
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

backinsaddle

Dang I can't keep my weekends straight...ignore my last post

Southern Outlaw

know what you mean B-I-T-S...at least is a RRRRAAACCCEEE weekend...yeeehaaaw

giddy-up
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

lawn_man mx

    lets  hope is not a wash out .   its raining  here in wpb!   bring  lots  tear offs..  mud mud mud!!!! :o
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

Southern Outlaw

got the tear offs.....bad scene up here....raining like a double cunted cow pissing on a flat rock and more to come...lot of rain with this front coming through :'(
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

mudnuri

The rain won't hurt ya' Just make sure to bring some clean clothes for after the race -hehehehe
This property is pretty high. Can't say dry, cause I see the dust is getting knocked down right now. At least thats how I see it. I am switching to the senior class and I don't care if it's muddy or not. Like that would keep me from trying to win a trophy!!





Do they have last place trophies?  :P Oh yeah, I got one last race because there were only two of us!!  >:D
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

mudnuri

New To FTR? *

We have a Hotline to update our Riders on the current Racing Schedule.

386-668-1795

Changes,
or
Cancellations will be posted immediately.

Check for notices before making a long drive!

386-668-1795

( This is a recorded message so do not leave messages here. Use the Contact page if you have questions)


and I just listened to the recording. This race is still on as of 8pm Friday night!  :P

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

lawn_man mx

  sweet  lets race !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ready to leave   yeeeeehaaaaaaaaawwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

lawn_man mx

 he he   that was crazy !!  i'am  still  pulling mud from my eyelids !!  ;D
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

Turboderf


TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: lawn_man mx on October 20, 2007, 10:39:41 PM
he he   that was crazy !!  i'am  still  pulling mud from my eyelids !!  ;D

My eyes were welded shut this morning.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

My eyes took a beating yesterday and are welded shut. Roll off goggles worked great for about 1/2 a lap. Then they became a necklace.
Crappy start, skies were relentless with rain. Then I think it rained even harder. I could get little to no traction after the first lap. Actually no traction at the last little part of the first lap!
I hit a stump and ALMOST flipped, but somehow rode it out. I don't know who was behind me on the 250r, but they saw the whole thing.  :P
I finally had to quit after three laps. I figured it was best to live to fight another day.
I am so glad the race happened no matter what.
That Sandy Ostrike and crew from SWFTR sure know who to throw and event. Mother nature is out of they're control. I won a helmet at the raffle and I never win anything  ;D
Did anyone stay to see the results?
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

lawn_man mx

     my eyes  were shut solid too    this morning !!  thanks  to  #12A   for pulling me out of that huge rut  that swallowed  my quad !!  otherwise  i would of still been there.   had a good start 4th  but  my gogles   were  good only  for 5min .  then  i was  blind  just like  everybody else.  what a race !!
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

Southern Outlaw

I think 3 laps is ALL that anybody did Brian...RJ has your plague...2nd place I think....

you want to talk about blind...goggles done...then went the eye glasses...then crap in the eyes and with it being so dark in the trees, could not read (SEE) the orange markers...I had a hell'va time in the woods part of the track..should have quit but then again that's not me

It was all good...didn't get stuck but about 10 times...thrown off the bike 3 times...but I did finish 3 laps and a 3rd

3-3-3-10...should of played the lottery last night


Oh yea..If you have not heard..The WW RANCH Quad Scramble has been cancelled....as Forest Gump would say "AGAIN"...Land owner does not want it to happen till later in the spring and the word I have heard....key here is just here say and not FACT...is that we are going to find another property and possibly have is the COOL month of January...just hear say at this point...We RCDR at going to have this race come hell :F or high water..well maybe not high water :banghead.gif
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

Chillinthemost

I did 4 laps, good enough for 3rd in +30 B open.  I have never changed positions so many times in one race.  I saw a lot of course cutting though, could have been honest mistakes considering the visability. Its frustrating though to pass someone and then come up behind them again. Karma will get them.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX470r

1st off i would like to say thanks to Frank (TRX450R_Racer) and his group for taking my friend and I in and helping us out. mudnuri is was great meeting you as well.

Now to the race!!!! For my 1st race I the best time out there. the +30C class finished right before the rain started only major obstacles I encountered besides the course itself was the cows out there there LOL. The rain was not an issue at all for our group in fact the conditions were great. Only MAJOR problem i had was with my &^$^%$ Kill Switch. My engine kept turning off and i didn't figure out problem till the last lap. I even had to get towed to get the bike started. Learned my lesson on buying cheap parts!!!!!

Other than that it was a blast and i will going to as many races as i can.

Now the +30B class you guys got race right from the start!!! and it only got worse. I was standing by the fence watching you guys go by and it seamed to be at full throttle and doing everything you can not to get stuck in the mud. I could just wonder what it must of been in the the woods.
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com