Mods to my new truck

Started by AmericanRobster, October 13, 2007, 01:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road  4.7 V8 and I want to put on an exaust system and a K&N filter. Maybe these mods will increase my mpgs a little? I was also thinking about a chip too. Any ideas?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Chevy1500z71

#1
get flowmaster exhaust. an exhaust, intake, and maybe a blaster coil with your plugs gaped wider will improve your mpg if you drive normal, but those mods tend to add about 20 pounds to your right foot... and a chip is a great idea even if it dosent add much power it gets rid of all that torqe managment and all that kinda crap.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: kawasaki400racer on October 13, 2007, 02:28:27 PM
get flowmaster exhaust. an exhaust, intake, and maybe a blaster coil with your plugs gaped wider will improve your mpg if you drive normal, but those mods tend to add about 20 pounds to your right foot... and a chip is a great idea even if it dosent add much power it gets rid of all that torqe managment and all that kinda crap.

exactly. the mods will help if you can stay out of the throttle. I have never been able to add exhaust or intake and not lose any mileage. I have a very heavy foot, also I am pretty sure a nice exhaust adds more than 20lbs to the right foot.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Young Gun

Lol when I drive my moms jeep I drive it nice and easy.  When I drove my ss/t on the other hand, i would be flooring it just to pass cars with windows down :P
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

AmericanRobster

Since this is my first brand new ride I have to look carefully at what I can and can't do according to the warranty. I have the life time power train warranty and I don't want to lose it. I know for sure I'm either going to go with Flowmaster or magnaflow muffler. I will have to find out if an after market intake would void my warranty.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Palmettobay_recon

E fans can add 15-20 hp and add mpg.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

Fox17

get magnaflow. 1000 times better than flowmaster. sounds better. and is made outta stainless instead of just regular steel. i was gonna go with flowmaster but the magnaflow sounds so much better and lasts so much longer i had to get it. it was about $150 more though.

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Fox17 on October 13, 2007, 07:19:53 PM
get magnaflow. 1000 times better than flowmaster. sounds better. and is made outta stainless instead of just regular steel. i was gonna go with flowmaster but the magnaflow sounds so much better and lasts so much longer i had to get it. it was about $150 more though.

I heard a Dodge with Magna Flows and it sounded awesome. My Chevy has Flowmaster 40 series true dual exaust and it sounds awesome. Thanks alot for the input. I plan on having nice big chrome tips out the sides behind the rear tires.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Hawgin4x4

get glasspacks..Good sounds..got em on my chevy..
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Chevy1500z71

if you want a glasspack then just get a cherybomb magniflows are overpriced bigtime, there all show no go who cares if there shiney they have no tone just a mellow drone. flowmaster will sound way more agresive.

AmericanRobster

On my Chevy truck I have Flowmaster 40s. They sound so good!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

kfx400rob

i vote long tubes with dual 10 series turned down.
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: AmericanRobster on October 15, 2007, 07:51:25 PM
On my Chevy truck I have Flowmaster 40s. They sound so good!

you have 2 cats so you can run true dauls legaly on the 97, i have custom true dauls with no cats, same moter as yous, sounds great. no cats sounds great but if your concerned with your warenty then i guess its outa the question lol.

AmericanRobster

That is for sure with the life time power train warranty that I have.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com